Are we looking for a motivational speaker or a coach

±0.5

Didn't Singletary work with Mike Nolan in Baltimore? So you have to ask why Nolan only hired him as position coach in SF. Something about that seems a little fishy. Personally, I think the team would be better with Emmit vs. an unknown in Singletary. Bring Singletary in for a weekend and let him do one of his motivational speeches for the guys. Other than that, let him be.

The Great American (12/15/2007)
My first choice would be Bill Parcells. He might not stick around but a couple of years but he has turned every franchise into a winner near his departure.

I would say Jerry Jones made Dallas, Dallas.

If Bill had his way, he would have kicked half the team.

I just want another Players' Coach.

NineOhTheRino (12/15/2007)
Didn't Singletary work with Mike Nolan in Baltimore? So you have to ask why Nolan only hired him as position coach in SF. Something about that seems a little fishy. Personally, I think the team would be better with Emmit vs. an unknown in Singletary. Bring Singletary in for a weekend and let him do one of his motivational speeches for the guys. Other than that, let him be.

Singletary is officially Asst. Head Coach/Defense with the 49ers, so if Nolan goes down, they have the confidence in Mad Mike that he can run an NFL team!

Secondly, Emmit has stated that he's not interested in being the HC, PLUS the fact that he's already 64 years old.

We'll bring in Singletary or some other young gun (i.e. Garrett, Rivera, etc) to build this team.

The Great American (12/15/2007)
My first choice would be Bill Parcells. He might not stick around but a couple of years but he has turned every franchise into a winner near his departure.

First, Parcells has NO interest in coaching again -- he has stated this.

Second, you would want Parcells to come in for a couple of years and then leave us hanging again?

Third, proven NFL head coaches are not exactly going to line up for this job!

Why don't you just reply in one of the hundred's of other threads on this subject ?

I'm sure somewhere out there you'll get the answers you seek :)

It's the same old same old on this MB - We have our "fan base" to which we must pander to the detriment of football and the continued folly of competition.

Look at the great teams. Do what they do. Short term thinking would say hire Singletary and fill the stands with folks that miss Mike Vick.

Long term thinking would say Look at the great teams. Do what they do. Stop pandering. :hehe:

Sinletary is a players coach....it has been said that Arthur liked Singletary's when he interviewed for the job last off season, it was Mckay who wanted Pertendo....I think Arthur will get this one right.

loozianafalcon (12/15/2007)

Singletary is officially Asst. Head Coach/Defense with the 49ers, so if Nolan goes down, they have the confidence in Mad Mike that he can run an NFL team!

Secondly, Emmit has stated that he's not interested in being the HC, PLUS the fact that he's already 64 years old.

We'll bring in Singletary or some other young gun (i.e. Garrett, Rivera, etc) to build this team.

If the Sinletary hire happens and he brings in Garrett, I would one very happy veteran and all we would have to do than is draft DMC....comments.

Singletary is officially Asst. Head Coach so if Nolan goes down with a bum knee or a sudden onset of diarrhea..... blah blah blah - rah rah rah.

travelling man (12/15/2007)

If the Sinletary hire happens and he brings in Garrett, I would one very happy veteran and all we would have to do than is draft DMC....comments.

Can't bring in Jason Garrett. No way the Cowboys will let us talk to Garrett unless it was for Head Coach.They aren't going to let him make a lateral move. However, I would love to have him here as our head coach.