The Atlanta Falcons NEW COACH

This just really ticks me off that we "Have a new Head Coach", interum or whatever he is our new head coach and everyone is completally just ignoring the man! There is a reason he is in there as head coach. He must be good or Arthur Blank wouldn't have named him coach when everyone thought it would be Zimmer.

The new head coaches name for the Atlanta Falcons incase you didn't hear is "Emmitt Thomas"! Yeah it might be interum but he is our Falcons new head coach now.

I can't believe nobody is supporting this man like they should if you are a Falcons Fan!!!! I hope he coaches so good in the remaining games that he becomes our new head coach for next season!!!! Anybody who thinks otherwise is stupid to want the Falcons to lose!!!

I think Emmitt Thomas is someone who should be our head coach for next season if we win the remaining games of this season "Otherwise I will consider the front office as putting this man in as a FALL GUY!"

I don't know nothing about the man's coaching experience or his past, but if he wins for the Falcons then he is the man for the job period with this team! But everybody is just dissing the man by talking about NEW COACHES right now when we have games left to be played! The man deserves a chance to coach. Who knows we may have our new head coach right here now. He deserves a chance, I mean look at the situation the man has the ballz to step up and say "I will handle this", that's the coach I want for the Falcons because I am tired of these pansies type of coaches that grype and don't get nothing done!

Thoughts, and I don't care if they are good or bad!!!!!!!!!

The MAN DESERVES A CHANCE!!!!!!!

I wish Emmitt Thomas the best!!!!!!!!! TAKE it to 'EM EMMITT BEAT THE REST OF 'EM THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danishfalcon (12/15/2007)
I think everybody supports coach Thomas, but the thing is he is 64, and last year McKay and Blank made it clear they wanted a coach for the next 10/15 years. Thomas is clearly not the answer. I do really hope he does well, and he's very likable, from what i've seen in his interviews.

So you are discreminating against the man because of his age? What's next Race? There have been head coaches that are well into their 80 in the history of football!

Bottom line, if the man can do the job "He's the man for the job" PERIOD!

I think everybody supports coach Thomas, but the thing is he is 64, and last year McKay and Blank made it clear they wanted a coach for the next 10/15 years. Thomas is clearly not the answer. I do really hope he does well, and he's very likable, from what i've seen in his interviews.

wow some1 is special. thomas said he doesnt want to be HC. its just courtesy.

I am under that impression that Coach Thomas has already stated that he is not interested in becoming the permanent Head Coach. He has stepped into the interim position because he is a man of honor and duty. Not everyone wants to be a head coach. He may have family matters that require attention. He may simply have different life goals. Regardless of his reasons, he does not want the position.

I have not mentioned Coach Thomas' name out of respect for his wishes. He is clearly a man's man and he deserves all the respect we can muster. I do not expect to see any criticism of his coaching decisions on these boards. Anyone whining about an in-game decision or mistake should be clubbed over the head.

GEORGIAfan (12/15/2007)

wow some1 is special. thomas said he doesnt want to be HC. its just courtesy.

So you are saying you don't support him? Have you ever heard of the term "being humble?".?

freeze1st (12/15/2007)

So you are discreminating against the man because of his age? What's next Race? There have been head coaches that are well into their 80 in the history of football!

Oh you guys are killing me! You sure like the drama, don't ya'? :P

I was using his age to explain why i don't think he would be a long term solution, i could be wrong, but who knows?

All i know is that we're looking for a long term solution.

freeze1st (12/15/2007)

Oh you guys are killing me! You sure like the drama, don't ya'? :P

I was using his age to explain why i don't think he would be a long term solution, i could be wrong, but who knows?

All i know is that we're looking for a long term solution.

You talk age but your signature show "Joey Harrington" in it. Hmmm, what is he like 21????

I am sure Emmit Thomas is well respected and because of that he was chosen. But another reason he was chosen was because his coaching position would be the least effected during the game. If they named Zimmer or Jackson that would take away from their overall duties. This way, and is actually a smart move for a change from the FO, the DC can coach the defense and the OC can call the plays. While Thomas can put together a game plan and manage the game. I will bet you will see a better game management in personnel on the field and timeouts this game than you have seen all year.

BP could not get it done. The game was too fast and he could not think fast enough to challenge plays, call timeouts when needed, or adjust to the other teams defense. I supported him while he was here and hoped his coaching/management would mature as the team matured but BP is where he belongs now.

BayouFalFan (12/15/2007)
I am sure Emmit Thomas is well respected and because of that he was chosen. But another reason he was chosen was because his coaching position would be the least effected during the game. If they named Zimmer or Jackson that would take away from their overall duties. This way, and is actually a smart move for a change from the FO, the DC can coach the defense and the OC can call the plays. While Thomas can put together a game plan and manage the game. I will bet you will see a better game management in personnel on the field and timeouts this game than you have seen all year.

amen bauyoufalfan, amen lets move forward....quickly :D

BP could not get it done. The game was too fast and he could not think fast enough to challenge plays, call timeouts when needed, or adjust to the other teams defense. I supported him while he was here and hoped his coaching/management would mature as the team matured but BP is where he belongs now.

freeze1st (12/15/2007)

Dude??

squirreldawg (12/15/2007)
Emmitt Smith will not be the new HC. I have met the man, I have played golf with his wife....very nice people. I do think he is a capable coach, but Blank has to go get someone to re-energize the fan-base. I hope Smith wins out and the team does well, but this is only temperary.
Its thomas by the way....you golfed with his wife and cant even get his name right

Emmitt Smith will not be the new HC. I have met the man, I have played golf with his wife....very nice people. I do think he is a capable coach, but Blank has to go get someone to re-energize the fan-base. I hope Smith wins out and the team does well, but this is only temperary.

The Bottom line and point I am trying to make is "SUPPORT THE MAN NOW"! He deserves it!

Who knows if he likes the job and or whatever "If he does good and the Falcons win he might change his opinion on coaching if offered the opportunity".

I'm sick of all this Petrino crap, let's support the coach we have now and he can take it from there!!!!!!

GO EMMITT THOMAS AND GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Losing is not an option!!!!!!!!!!!!!

houston-23 (12/15/2007)
Its thomas by the way....you golfed with his wife and cant even get his name right

Wow...talk about a brain fart.:w00t: My bad. Mrs. Thomas is a very nice lady, by the way. I really hope Emmitt and the team do well, but I don't think there is even the slightest chance he stays on as the HC.

Thanks for catching that 23.

houston-23 (12/15/2007)

Wow...talk about a brain fart.:w00t: My bad. Mrs. Thomas is a very nice lady, by the way. I really hope Emmitt and the team do well, but I don't think there is even the slightest chance he stays on as the HC.

Thanks for catching that 23.

no problem

houston-23 (12/15/2007)

Funny how people brag about things like that and have no idea that people really know the person's they are talking about. ;)

The word "Humble" by getting the job should be mention when it comes to our new head coach that's about all I can say.

Draftnut57 (12/15/2007)
freeze1st (12/15/2007)

Dude??

So what are you trying to say? That you can show stats and nobody else can? Doesn't mean nothing because you said what you said.....

bgarcia28 (12/15/2007)
I am under that impression that Coach Thomas has already stated that he is not interested in becoming the permanent Head Coach. He has stepped into the interim position because he is a man of honor and duty. Not everyone wants to be a head coach. He may have family matters that require attention. He may simply have different life goals. Regardless of his reasons, he does not want the position.

This is correct. As to the Falcons choosing Thomas over Zimmer, I think it is all about loyalty and Thomas being true to the organization. He was held over from Reeves to Mora to Petrino. The players like him and here it is....................the players TRUST him. They will play hard for him. They apparently like Hue Jackson as well, and I hear Jackson would like a shot at the job. Thomas is an excellent choice. After Petrino's debacle, they put in an interim guy who has been with the team through some adversity. The fact that he has a SB ring doesn't hurt, either.

STFU Freeze. First of all, if you would watch the interviews, those who are "discriminating" are only reiterating what Coach Thomas as much as said himself. When asked what he thought about this becoming a long term situation (him being HC), the first words out of his mouth were something like, "Hold on, I'll be 65 years old in May." Emmitt didn't even appear to want the HC position long term. Had you even thought of that? I doubt it, because you haven't even watched the interviews with Coach Thomas.

Next.

celtik