Coordinator Jackson finally calls plays

oregonsfan

Danishfalcon (12/15/2007)
Great read, and yet disturbing.

I don't know about Hue as HC, but i would love to keep Hue as an OC if we hire Singletary. Then Hue And Musgrave could take care of our Offense. Singletary and Zimmer could take care of our defense. That's my personal dream scenario.

It sounds good but lets see how they play the last 3 games. How is

Hue going to be aggressive with this offensive line? Sacks could go

up and it could be a mess. Hitting receivers in stride about 20 yds.

downfield and running Norwood 15+ times is what we can do well

with. Mort said on the radio that Singletary's motivational speeches

might wear thin after you have heard a few of them. He has a point

but the substance of the man is still there even if you know the punch

line before he gives it. That is what we would have with Singletary.

What we've learned this week is: 1) Petrino had virtually nothing to do with the defensive and special teams players; 2) Didn't attend many/any players meetings, break down film, devise the schemes for the next game, etc.; 3) Spent some time implementing "rules" for the team; 4) Did appear on the practice field for the purpose of calling the offensive plays in practice; and 4) Did manage to make it to the sidelines and call plays during the games.

With that said, and knowing that football coaches historically put in very long hours each week, I have a question...What did Petrino do every day at work? Seriously. Every day we're learning more about the things he didn't do, but what did he do?

I know this may seem like another dig at Petrino, but it's not. Everything I assumed he at least had his hand in each day, he apparently ignored. Maybe J. Michael or the Moderator or somebody can answer this question for me.

Lord Dark Helmet (12/15/2007)
"Hue's wanted this opportunity," Crumpler said. "He hasn't been given the opportunity to do much other than just get us prepared to play."

That is kind of his job. :laugh:

In context, what Alge was saying is that Hue was breaking down all the film, devising and installing the game plan for the following week, conducting the meetings, etc., and that Petrino had nothing to do with any of that. In my mind, this again begs the question, "What did Petrino do every day at work?"

"Hue's wanted this opportunity," Crumpler said. "He hasn't been given the opportunity to do much other than just get us prepared to play."

I kinda agree. If Hue was doing all this and Coach p was just calling the plays that Hue put together in p's scheme. then you have another problem.

oregonsfan (12/15/2007)

In context, what Alge was saying is that Hue was breaking down all the film, devising and installing the game plan for the following week, conducting the meetings, etc., and that Petrino had nothing to do with any of that. In my mind, this again begs the question, "What did Petrino do every day at work?"

I don't have the answer. But certainly a lot was/is wrong. You could ask the players, they seem to know it all ...........till they get out on the field.

I don't know about Hue as HC, but i would love to keep Hue as an OC if we hire Singletary. Then Hue And Musgrave could take care of our Offense. Singletary and Zimmer could take care of our defense. That's my personal dream scenario.

Hey in your sig.....Does Joey say..." Are you f-ing shi*ing me?

oregonsfan (12/15/2007)

Work on his resume and clip those pesky toe nails of his sssssoooooouuuuuuueeeeeeyyyyy.

I kinda agree. If Hue was doing all this and Coach p was just calling the plays that Hue put together in p's scheme. then you have another problem.

It sounds like that was exactly what was happening...Hue was doing all the heavy lifting, and Petrino was showing up to call plays at practice and game day.

oregonsfan (12/15/2007)

It sounds like that was exactly what was happening...Hue was doing all the heavy lifting, and Petrino was showing up to call plays at practice and game day.

Petrino was white gloving it like the baller he is... :D

And he was working Jackson like a rented mule. :ermm:

I hope Jackson calls the game of his life, Zimmer calls a shut out and Thomas gets his due.

Then we'll closely monitor ole pig sssooooouuuueeeeeeyyyyyyy and the oinks next year ;)

Oh... did I say ssssooooooooouuuuuueeeeeyyyyyy ??? :P

oregonsfan (12/15/2007)
The more I hear about how Petrino ran things, the more amazed I am that this team has won the games it did. Check it out...

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/...ckson_1215.html

**** the more you hear about the way Sooey boy ran things, the more screwed up it sounds. The proverbial one legged man at a azz kicking contest. :(

love the sig.

zimmer will leave, because he can be a HC next year.

I got to go with zimmer as HC, and keep everybody we have. the staff we have now is perfect. the team loves them. just get rid of the petrino people, and replace them.