Petrino & Norwood

wwjnd

. . . Petrino actually DID want to play Norwood more? I'm just trying to figure out why every week he'd say "We've got to get Jerious more touches" and then never actually do it.

Don't get wrong: Petrino is scum and I hope he falls on his face in Arkansas. But with some of the "meddling" charges now coming to the surface, I can't help but wonder if there was an order from up high to keep playing Warrick Dunn.

Quitrino had no **** idea what he was doing. He was too busy wondering if his summer clothes were packed or were still in storage. Seriously, he really didn't call the right plays, play the right people, or manage the time. Norwood will get more time. No question, unless Jackson doesn't want to be more than a WR coach.

• 2 weeks later...
Dr John Zoidberg (12/15/2007)
ps please don't bring up the Dunn carries being a front office/contract thing. I think I had a long "discussion" on this topic with Vicious.

Still think the front office had nothing to do with it?

Petrino's been gone for two games and nothing's changed. It's looking more and more like Blank was blocking Norwood, not Bobby P.

wwjnd (12/15/2007)
. . . Petrino actually DID want to play Norwood more? I'm just trying to figure out why every week he'd say "We've got to get Jerious more touches" and then never actually do it.

Don't get wrong: Petrino is scum and I hope he falls on his face in Arkansas. But with some of the "meddling" charges now coming to the surface, I can't help but wonder if there was an order from up high to keep playing Warrick Dunn.

that explains him getting more touches now doesnt it?!?

I swear, I don't have a clue why they keep going with Warrick Dunn up the middle. Snelling is more effective. We would have won that game yesterday if we had used Norwood or Snelling in the redzone instead of Dunn forcing us to kick a FG. I respect Dunn, but I'm at the point where I can't stand to see him on the field because I know we will either get no gain or lose yards. He's a complete waste of down.