I dont understand how you guys can be serious

d34ng3l021

He is the face of the franchise, like it or not. He is our defensive leader. He is a proven top5 player at the 2nd hardest position in the NFL at the age of 24. Find me another player like that in the league.

This is not Madden where you just trade away a guy for picks. The morale of the team goes down.

And seriously, draft picks? Half of which will turn out to be duds? Come on.

like tuggle said in the other post d.hall wants to win now and we cna;t provide that for him. so why not get a couple picks to fill the giant gap @ o-line

i don't hate nor despise d.hall i am saying if we can get a couple draft linemen to replace that stellar o line we have now :w00t: i would be happy sorry seeing our qb get sacked 5-10 times a game is not something that makes me hard i am sorry to say

falconstat2dfreak (12/15/2007)
Dr John Zoidberg (12/15/2007)
It's the message board and it's late.

You get all kinds of crazy ideas...

:w00t:

crazy ideas. i think it is one **** of a plan might as well see what we can get. just shop him around to see what we could get. if things look on the light side we could say no deal

The only way I would consider it would be if we could get a top 5 pick out of him, but that is just my opinion.

I totally agree. People who are suggesting trading Hall are, well, let's just say that is why they aren't GMs, Owners or whatever. We will be in plenty good shape if McKay actually makes the right and bold moves during FA and the draft. But he's gotta nail it or we will be set back...

jbresette (12/15/2007)
Dr John Zoidberg (12/15/2007)
It's the message board and it's late.

at this point i would take a 1st and maybe 2nd for him. i am seeing the big picture here i focus on the o line which is junk and there is no debate there

You get all kinds of crazy ideas...

:w00t:

crazy ideas. i think it is one **** of a plan might as well see what we can get. just shop him around to see what we could get. if things look on the light side we could say no deal

The only way I would consider it would be if we could get a top 5 pick out of him, but that is just my opinion.

at this point i would take a 1st and maybe 2nd for him. i am seeing the big picture here i focus on the o line which is junk and there is no debate there

the truth (12/15/2007)
I totally agree. People who are suggesting trading Hall are, well, let's just say that is why they aren't GMs, Owners or whatever. We will be in plenty good shape if McKay actually makes the right and bold moves during FA and the draft. But he's gotta nail it or we will be set back...

I am not a GM, Owner, or anything else. I just think that this is our best option... I know our DB's position is scary...but if we are gonna start over might as well go back to the drawing board. As far as McKay he couldn't nail anything right, nor has he.

ok i might be smoking a crack pipe for saying this but i think j. abraham or boley are the best on d not d. hall .

go ahead flame but this year i seen d.hall explode cost us a game you never see JA OR MB ever go off like hall did:hehe:

I still don't agree with him losing that game because 2 of those calls were horrible calls especially the bump off the line of scrimmage.

Anyways, I hope we get McFadden, but I am starting to lean towards drafting Jake Long and then maybe someone like Eric Ainge in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be upset if we used our 1st round on Jake Long and then picked up some FA lineman and go with someone like Ainge in the second. There is always that possibility of one of the better ranked QB's slipping late into the 1st round as well so you could end up like the browns(Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn) and get Jake Long along with Brohm/Woodson/etc.. by trading up with the 2 2's rounders we have.

jbresette (12/15/2007)
ok i might be smoking a crack pipe for saying this but i think j. abraham or boley are the best on d not d. hall .

go ahead flame but this year i seen d.hall explode cost us a game you never see JA OR MB ever go off like hall did:hehe:

I still don't agree with him losing that game because 2 of those calls were horrible calls especially the bump off the line of scrimmage.

Anyways, I hope we get McFadden, but I am starting to lean towards drafting Jake Long and then maybe someone like Eric Ainge in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be upset if we used our 1st round on Jake Long and then picked up some FA lineman and go with someone like Ainge in the second. There is always that possibility of one of the better ranked QB's slipping late into the 1st round as well so you could end up like the browns(Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn) and get Jake Long along with Brohm/Woodson/etc.. by trading up with the 2 2's rounders we have.

why is everyone so hyped up on jake long? he is probably the best in the draft but we need to get a qb right now. atleast that is what i thought we needed at this point. if we get dmac then fine i can live with that but we can;t squander the first round pick on a lineman at all just how i feel

jbresette (12/15/2007)

why is everyone so hyped up on jake long? he is probably the best in the draft but we need to get a qb right now. atleast that is what i thought we needed at this point. if we get dmac then fine i can live with that but we can;t squander the first round pick on a lineman at all just how i feel

Our line is horrible that is why I don't want to draft a QB in the 1st round yet. I'd say go into it with a 3 year mindset. First build your line and find a RB that you can rely on. Then you get a franchise QB. The reason I say build your line and RB is because if you do this you can prepare yourself for almost anything. Say you have a QB and he gets injured well, with the good line and the good RB you can just plug another QB in and not miss a beat. We have ignored the OL too long and we need to take care of it. drafting a QB #3 overall isn't going to help when he has to get behind our line.

jbresette (12/15/2007)
jbresette (12/15/2007)

Our line is horrible that is why I don't want to draft a QB in the 1st round yet. I'd say go into it with a 3 year mindset. First build your line and find a RB that you can rely on. Then you get a franchise QB. The reason I say build your line and RB is because if you do this you can prepare yourself for almost anything. Say you have a QB and he gets injured well, with the good line and the good RB you can just plug another QB in and not miss a beat. We have ignored the OL too long and we need to take care of it. drafting a QB #3 overall isn't going to help when he has to get behind our line.

i guess i can relate to where u are going this would be like the pennington jinx i guess right???

Yeah, don't get me wrong i'd love to draft a franchise QB. I just don't want him to be destined to fail. If I had control over a franchise i'd come in building the OL and DL's first. Then i'd draft a RB and QB. Then i'd hit every level on the defense. Get a game breaker at linebacker and someone in the secondary. Then you patch it up every year as you go. That IMO is how you build a dynasty. You have to also have an owner who is willing to be patient and allow for you to build your team up.

jbresette (12/15/2007)
Yeah, don't get me wrong i'd love to draft a franchise QB. I just don't want him to be destined to fail. If I had control over a franchise i'd come in building the OL and DL's first. Then i'd draft a RB and QB. Then i'd hit every level on the defense. Get a game breaker at linebacker and someone in the secondary. Then you patch it up every year as you go. That IMO is how you build a dynasty. You have to also have an owner who is willing to be patient and allow for you to build your team up.

this team is in such bad shape where do ya start

things we need

a qb

a whole o line

a decent t.e as crump knees are not showing anything to me

a new rb

where do u start with those issues as u can see we are ina world of hurt

jbresette (12/15/2007)

this team is in such bad shape where do ya start

things we need

a qb

a whole o line

a decent t.e as crump knees are not showing anything to me

a new rb

where do u start with those issues as u can see we are ina world of hurt

You start with the Oline. The RB and QB's can't do jack without the line.