ESPN's Chris Mortenson & Arkansas

FalconFan1

On tonight's radio cast on Sirius' NFL show on ESPN the once liked (by me) Chris Mortenson took up for Coach Bobby Quitrino and the Arkansas program. Why? Because his son goes to Arkansas and he dosn't want any recorse from the jerk and child who is coaching the team now. Keyshawn Johnson and Bill Parcell's said they didn't care that he left, he should've waited instead of QUITTING on his team.

Mort is a complete A%^H*#$

FalconFan1 (12/14/2007)
On tonight's radio cast on Sirius' NFL show on ESPN the once liked (by me) Chris Mortenson took up for Coach Bobby Quitrino and the Arkansas program. Why? Because his son goes to Arkansas and he dosn't want any recorse from the jerk and child who is coaching the team now. Keyshawn Johnson and Bill Parcell's said they didn't care that he left, he should've waited instead of QUITTING on his team.

He's watching out for his son. I can't fault him for that.

I just will disregard his opinion when it comes to Arkansas.

What? Protecting his ******** kid, who couldn't get into a good college so is stuck with Arkansas? He is payed to give an unbiased opinion on sports news! Payed money! They do not give him money to make sure his kid keeps a starting spot on the roster. They give him money to give it to America straight. How disgusting. If they called someone's dad, and asked him their opinion, fine. But a guy with a contract?

Why not pay Bill Clinton money to ask him who he thinks the best candidate for President would be?

Mort's son was planning to come to Georgia Southern when they had a Coaching disaster with Van Gorder Mort panicked and switched the kid to Arkansas. Guess what, now Georgia Southern has a VERY good QB Coach in Chris Hatcher and "the Hatch Attack" now and the hogs have QUITrino.

FWIW, Georgia Southern's QB, Jayson Foster, won the 2007 Walter Payton Award last night.

We need to draft this kid from Georgia Southern to run back kicks and catch passes.

RUNS BETTER THAN MIKE VICK

Watch this video and then tell me this kid won't be great somewhere.

Jayson Foster will be the next Devin Hester

This video is incredible!

michaelgee (12/14/2007)
Mort's son was planning to come to Georgia Southern when they had a Coaching disaster with Van Gorder Mort panicked and switched the kid to Arkansas. Guess what, now Georgia Southern has a VERY good QB Coach in Chris Hatcher and "the Hatch Attack" now and the hogs have QUITrino.

FWIW, Georgia Southern's QB, Jayson Foster, won the 2007 Walter Payton Award last night.

We need to draft this kid from Georgia Southern to run back kicks and catch passes.

RUNS BETTER THAN MIKE VICK

Watch this video and then tell me this kid won't be great somewhere.

Jayson Foster will be the next Devin Hester

This video is incredible!

In the words of Chris Rock.... "Slow down."

I am a Georgia Southern Alumn so I have watched Foster and many times he's the best player on the field.

Personally I think that might translate to an NFL punt/kick returner. However I am not ready to say he's the next Devon Hester.

Same Ol Falcons (12/15/2007)
Dirty Bird Razorback (12/15/2007)

About as impartial as Sean Sausberry steak telling parents not to send their kids to the University of Arkansas.

Logic is not allowed on these boards ******:angry:, and how dare you show two sides to the story, Atlanta only has one

I'm sorry, it'll never happen again. lol. :cool:

FalconFan1 (12/14/2007)

What's the big deal he protected his kid so what, His kid can't be anygood if he is going to Arkansas in the first place. If the best H.C. the could get was Petrino then that says alot about them period. They are bad will be bad and have no hope of ever being good.

Arkanss becarefull what you ask for you got in and will regret it.

Why would BP what to go to Arkansas .... Let me count the ways......

1. Going nowhere FAST Falcons..

2. Crowded City of Atlanta vs. Clean Air of The Ozark Mountains...

3. Players that Know it all vs. Players that WANT to be coached...

4. The AF are apack of THUGS.. i.e MV and Co... BP had to love the media He got for that MESS..

5. The Hawgs have Potenial and Some of the best Facilitys in the Country vs. The Falcons DONT...

6. Blank What a JOKE... He Fires the HC with 3 games left thats OK.. But if the HC leaves thats a sin of a different color .. Give me a break

OK, I'll stop before you start crying from the Truth.....Arkansas is Grinning Ear to Ear and BP will likely take Arkansas into the NCAA top 10.. Within a Short time..

.Arkansas was also smart enough to get a contract that keeps his butt at Arkansas or cost him Real Big :D ..

Tell me Why He would want to stay in Atlanta, When He hated the NFL and it was well known before He resigned ?? it shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone ...

Houston Nutt told Arkansas fans his contract was till 2012 and He was the HC 4 days before the LSU game The went to OLE Miss... it happens every season in every league DEAL WITH IT.....

Quit playin the Holier than thou Card and it makes you looks like WHINERS....

d33rhunt3r (12/15/2007)

4. The AF are apack of THUGS.. i.e MV and Co... BP had to love the media He got for that MESS..

5. The Hawgs have Potenial and Some of the best Facilitys in the Country vs. The Falcons DONT...

6. Blank What a JOKE... He Fires the HC with 3 games left thats OK.. But if the HC leaves thats a sin of a different color .. Give me a break

OK, I'll stop before you start crying from the Truth.....Arkansas is Grinning Ear to Ear and BP will likely take Arkansas into the NCAA top 10.. Within a Short time..

.Arkansas was also smart enough to get a contract that keeps his butt at Arkansas or cost him Real Big :D ..

Tell me Why He would want to stay in Atlanta, When He hated the NFL and it was well known before He resigned ?? it shouldn't have been a suprise to anyone ...

Houston Nutt told Arkansas fans his contract was till 2012 and He was the HC 4 days before the LSU game The went to OLE Miss... it happens every season in every league DEAL WITH IT.....

I guess the press is really hitting a nerve with the Arkansas faithful.

Petrino looked his boss in the eye, shook his hand, and told his boss he was staying in Atlanta, when Petrino knew as fact he would be quitting the next day to take the Arkansas job.

Petrino is a liar. It's a simple as that. College recruits are starting to understand that. Petrino is a man that will look directly into your eyes and lie. Other schools vying for those recruits will make sure they know that fact about Petrino. Recruiting is going to be very tough for Arkansas for the next few years.

Trying to rationalize away Petrino's major personality flaw isn't going to be effective. Petrino is a liar.

Isn't Mort from Atlanta? I thought he lived there and had Falcons season tickets the way he's always trying to put such a positive spin on anything that comes out of the Falcons camp. I remember him stating that he was 99% sure that Vick would NOT be indicted on the dogfighting mess. The guy's a complete PUTZ but for so many other reasons than his stance on the Petrino deal.

d33rhunt3r (12/15/2007)

I see your point man, I understand you like Arkansas and want to defend them, but let's be real.

1. You don't know the Falcons are going nowhere fast. The Saints in 2005 and the Chargers in 2003 were two of the most awful teams I had ever seen. However, in one draft they got 6 and 9 starters respectfully the next year. Both teams not only made the playoffs, but one made it to the NFC championship. I'm not saying the Falcons aren't terrible now, but understand, this is not baseball where you have to be a doormat for several seasons before you show improvement. It is possible to go from worst to first in the NFL, it has happened several times.

2. Huh? Though I'm sure the Ozark Mountains will be a good place to have a vacation, I've never heard of anyone leaving a job for this reason.

3. Welcome to the NFL. This isn't college where you can push little kids around, these are grown men. The right coach can handle it, and Petrino was overwhelmed. From everything I heard it was the coach that knew it all. Never listened to any suggestions from his coaches or players, creating plays that the team never practiced and running it, that's borderline ********.

4. Watch how you use the word thug. People tend to use this word and not really know what it means. Keep in mind, if you say he was such a "thug", why is that I've heard several times Petrino saying he couldn't wait to coach him? That doesn't make any sense. I don't want MV back, but I think it would be a funny sight if you actually met up with a REAL thug. This is a bad year, but again, you know someone's level of character in hard times. He proved what he does in hard times, like he does again and again, run.

5. Potential? Even though your two running backs are awesome, they're leaving for the draft. McFadden is a top 3 lock, and Felix Jones is a top 20 pick. Also, you have a good amount of seniors leaving, and you play in the best conference in America. Hope you don't have your hopes up when LSU comes to town.

6. Now you REALLY have to do your reseach on this one. Blank did the respectful thing to Reeves and told him that he was going to go in another direction that year. Dan Reeves then told him he wasn't going to sit back and be a lame duck coach (even though Jim Fassel did the same thing with the Giants the same year) so he left. I don't blame Reeves, I wouldn't have stayed either, but it has been noted several times that Dan was not canned in the middle of the year. What your coach did was downright unprofessional, no way you can say otherwise. Also, you can brag all you want about the contract you have him locked down to, but answer one question for me, why would you want a coach you would have to do that with? It's like marrying a hot woman and locking her in the house because you know she's cheated in the past.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to address this one.

I understand that you are upset that Petrino left early, but correct me if I'm wrong here. Did all of your players graduate and honor their 4 year commitment. DeAngelo Hall was only at Virginia Tech 3 years, Jamal Anderson opted out early for the NFL. This is an industry that persuades people to break their commitment, so then why is it not ok for Petrino to do the same thing? Put it in perspective, I'm not saying he exited this situation in the best of manners, but it was his option to do so. Players are traded and ask to be traded every year and I don't remember anyone making as big of a fuss as they are with a Petrino. Maybe Blank should honor his commitments as well.

In August 2004 Blank bought the Georgia Force Arena Football League (AFL) team from Virgil Williams, becoming the seventh NFL owner also to own or operate an AFL team. One of Blank's first decisions as owner was to move the team's home games for the 2005 season from the Gwinnett Arena in Gwinnett County to the Philips Arena in downtown Atlanta, where the team played its inaugural season in 2002.

I am sure that the good people of Gwinnett County were excited at the commitment that Mr. Virgil Williams had made to bringing them their AFL Team. A commitment that Mr. Blank broke off. I am sure that the people of Gwinnett County were looking forward to having their own team. I am also pretty sure that they felt let down and disappointed when Mr. Blank broke a commitment and moved the team to Atlanta. A business decision, yes, but a business decision that reaks with hypocrisy. Wasn't Mr. Petrino's decision a business decision?