Falcons assistant

oregonsfan (12/14/2007)
Yep, but another guy (whose name I can't remember right now) got the job it was announced this afternoon.

Still, I doubt the new coach will keep the two coordinators. I wish Hue good luck in the future.

david cutcliffe something like that.

thats why i wanted ZIMMER to coach, because he has the background to show how good he is. i wouldnt mind singletary as the DC while zimmer HC, then he can be bumped up to HC.

zimmer would make the transition, and we do not want to go thru 2yrs transforming into a 3-4D, and the offense need to learn a new system. with Zimmer and Hue Jackson everything will be familiar, but we wouldnt have petrino sabotaging us, and DJ can be the starter.:cool:

oregonsfan (12/14/2007)
Isn't Singletary the DC of the 49ers and, if so, wouldn't him taking a job here as DC be a "lateral move," and aren't there some rules about that in the NFL?

not sure, but with all the injuries we have and in a transition year, for us to have a better D shows that zimmer is the better option.

oregonsfan (12/14/2007)
Isn't Singletary the DC of the 49ers and, if so, wouldn't him taking a job here as DC be a "lateral move," and aren't there some rules about that in the NFL?

Singletary is an "assistant head coach" which is considered lower than a coordinator I believe. I think the 49ers DC is a guy named Manusky (sp?)

ucsbdirtybird (12/14/2007)
oregonsfan (12/14/2007)

Singletary is an "assistant head coach" which is considered lower than a coordinator I believe. I think the 49ers DC is a guy named Manusky (sp?)

yea he is something called assitant head coach/defense. im pretty sure its lower, but who knows, and they run a 3-4D, while we are a 4-3D, and abe wont play OLB.

It's all coming back to me now...

The teams started giving people the title of "Assistant Head Coach" so they could not leave the team for anything other than a HC position. If someone who is an AHC takes a coordinator's job it is considered a lateral move or a demotion, and that isn't permitted.

oregonsfan (12/14/2007)
It's all coming back to me now...

The teams started giving people the title of "Assistant Head Coach" so they could not leave the team for anything other than a HC position. If someone who is an AHC takes a coordinator's job it is considered a lateral move or a demotion, and that isn't permitted.

he is not worth the HC tag just yet. he is all hype remember schaub was all hype, and what his record? 4-8

i say go with zimmer, and keep hue jackson as OC. that way most of the staff know each other, and the system is already in place. hall hasnt said anything bad about zimmer, and crump hasnt said anything bad about hue jackson( horn recommended hue).