Rich Rodriguez Meets With Michigan

Duff_Man

slamee101 (12/14/2007)
Wow...I guess he figures his shot at WV is probably gone b/c aren't White and Slaton (disappointing season) seniors?

I honestly felt bad for that guy watching his title shot slip away the way his team gave up the game to Pitt.

White and Slaton are both juniors. I gut feeling is that both stay for their senior years. Slaton didn't light it up this season as he did his freshman and sophomore years and his draft value has probably fallen a bit. I think Rich should stay at West Virginia. He has a better chance to win (and win the national title) at WVU and Michigan has never been a spread offense team.

LawDawg (12/14/2007)
slamee101 (12/14/2007)
Wow...I guess he figures his shot at WV is probably gone b/c aren't White and Slaton (disappointing season) seniors?

I honestly felt bad for that guy watching his title shot slip away the way his team gave up the game to Pitt.

White and Slaton are both juniors. I gut feeling is that both stay for their senior years. Slaton didn't light it up this season as he did his freshman and sophomore years and his draft value has probably fallen a bit. I think Rich should stay at West Virginia. He has a better chance to win (and win the national title) at WVU and Michigan has never been a spread offense team.

I didn't realize they were both juniors. I'd agree his best chance is to stay at WV instead of going to Michigan.

Local papers are reporting

"I don't know anything about it," WVU athletic director Ed Pastilong told the Gazette. "The only person who can clarify that is Rich Rodriguez.

"We recently put a strong contract in place with Rich. We made a strong commitment to him and he made a strong commitment to us."

greyhawk (12/14/2007)
Local papers are reporting
"I don't know anything about it," WVU athletic director Ed Pastilong told the Gazette. "The only person who can clarify that is Rich Rodriguez.

"We recently put a strong contract in place with Rich. We made a strong commitment to him and he made a strong commitment to us."

isn't it funny, AD's are usually the last to know.. LOL

http://www.wvgazette.com/section/Breaking/000001278

Another update

Later, Pastilong said he put in a call to Rodriguez but that had not been returned as of 5 p.m.

He would not comment on whether Michigan had asked for permission to negotiate with Rodriguez.

"We put a policy in place that said we won't comment on whether we've been contacted or not," said the AD. "But as I've said we're strongly committed to Rich and he's strongly committed to us."

Rodriguez had not returned calls as of 5 p.m.

freakyfalcon (12/14/2007)
Hard to believe a big time program like Michigan is having hard time getting a coach.

Our AD Bill Martin is an idiot and does not know what he is doing combine with his dislike for Les Miles. That is why our President has had to come to the rescue.

But yeah a shame we don't know what the **** were doing.

http://www.wvgazette.com/section/WVU/2007121429

Rodriguez reportedly spent at least part of the day Friday in Toledo, Ohio, meeting with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin and school president Mary Sue Coleman. Rodriguez had been in Florida on a recruiting trip the day before and was due back in Morgantown Friday.

Rodriguez had not returned phone calls by 11:30 p.m. Friday.

He returned to Morgantown early Friday evening, but upon arriving at the city s airport refused to talk to reporters. His West Virginia football team, which plays Oklahoma Jan. 2 in the Fiesta Bowl, was scheduled to resume practice Friday evening after taking a week off for final exams.

Rodriguez did tell the MetroNews Radio Network Friday night that he met with his financial advisor in Toledo for six hours on Friday, but refused to say anything about Michigan representatives who might have been there. He also steadfastly refused to comment even on whether he had been contacted about the Michigan job.

Looks like hes listening very hard.