Bill Cowher as HC will never work in Atlanta!

Superfan !

jbresette (12/14/2007)
I'm just not so sure this fanbase will give Singletary enough time to actually do something here. You can bet all the racist fans will come out of the woodwork if Singletary is coach. I hate to say that, but the way they treated Vick before his legal trouble and the way they treat DeAngelo Hall now is nothing compared to how they would treat a black head coach. However, he is probably 4th on my list of coaching candidates.

The media here is stuck in 1971 and people forget that if you drive 30 miles outside of Atlanta from any direction you are in "its my heritage!!" country....you're right though, they will come out from under the woodwork.

jbresette (12/14/2007)
I'm just not so sure this fanbase will give Singletary enough time to actually do something here. You can bet all the racist fans will come out of the woodwork if Singletary is coach. I hate to say that, but the way they treated Vick before his legal trouble and the way they treat DeAngelo Hall now is nothing compared to how they would treat a black head coach. However, he is probably 4th on my list of coaching candidates.

That's just plain wrong.

Let me start off by saying that I strongly disagree that Bill Cowher would never work in Atlanta. If the ATLANTA FALCONS hired Bill Cowher I would have to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming or dead. That would be nothing short of a miracle. The personnel moves that Cowher and McKay could make together would be awesome. However with that being said I don't think that Cowher will accept this job because it will be too much of a task for him considering the fact that he left the Pittsburgh Steelers (a team with 5 Super Bowl championships in their history and a team with the best owner in pro sports), to take over a franchise that has struggled for 42 years.

My Coahes Wish List:

1: Bill Cowher/Dream

2: Marty Schottenheimer/reality

3: Josh McDaniels/reality

4: Ron Rivera/reality/sleeper candidate IMO

Petrino is NOT my hero (12/14/2007)
if cowher wont work.. then nobody willl... He is the best available.. fact

Dude.....he is NOT available! He is taking a 2 year sabbatical and has been ADAMANT that he will NOT consider returning to coaching until after next season. IF THEN and IF EVER!

If we had some kind of winning tradition, that would be one thing. But, to say that we would be impatient for a championship would be a stretch. I think people would give the man as much time as it takes as long as he kept a competitive team on the field. I don't care if that would be Cowher, Singletary, or Captain Kangaroo. Just put a team on the field that isn't an automatic 7 point dog.

Im gonna have to disagree, Cowher would easily work here for 2 main reasons. 1 he would get us back to back winning seasons for the 1st time in history. 2 he could make us a playoff team every year and atleast their would be a belief we could win the superbowl every year. The falcons have never been thought of as contenders every year. With Cowher we would be that and thats why i think the falcons fans would follow him.

Superfan "! (12/14/2007)

Dude.....he is NOT available! He is taking a 2 year sabbatical and has been ADAMANT that he will NOT consider returning to coaching until after next season. IF THEN and IF EVER!

Thanks Bill Cowher.. i love all the people that claim to know this.. yet noone actually does EXCEPT Bill Cowher... so you can say this all you want.. but at this point that is speculation... NOT fact.. so dont say it like it is

Superfan "! (12/14/2007)

Haven't you heard?

Never say never.