Bill Cowher as HC will never work in Atlanta!

Superfan !

It took Cowher 15 years to get to and win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh. 15 YEARS! The fan base here in Atlanta would be screaming for his head if he didn't have us a Lombardi trophy inside of 5, 7 years tops. I'm not saying any other candidate could do better for us, I'm just pointing out the way it is here. Say "huggers & haters" to Pitt fans and they won't know what the **** you're talking about.

Bill coached for a dedicated and loyal fan base in Pitt. Their home games sold out whether they were 3-13 or 13-3. They didn't do bad with away games either. Who was with me at the '06 game vs Steelers? There were as many Terrible Towels in the seats as there were Falcons fans. If Bill came here, do you think he'd mind seeing 12,000 fans in the stands if he went 4-12 his first few years? I'm sure he would mind. And it never was a coach that sold out the Dome consistently anyway. It was YKW.

No sir, there is only one man for this job. A man we could all be patient with while he rebuilds the Falcons into a fierce and feared team, a man the ATL fans and our players could identify with and respect, a man starting fresh as a HC, a man capable of building his OWN legend in Atlanta and not trying to add to an existing one as a HC. That man, ladies and gentlemen, is:

singletary2.jpg

:)

Superfan "! (12/14/2007)
It took Cowher 15 years to get to and win a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh. 15 YEARS! The fan base here in Atlanta would be screaming for his head if he didn't have us a Lombardi trophy inside of 5, 7 years tops. I'm not saying any other candidate could do better for us, I'm just pointing out the way it is here. Say "huggers & haters" to Pitt fans and they won't know what the **** you're talking about.

Bill coached for a dedicated and loyal fan base in Pitt. Their home games sold out whether they were 3-13 or 13-3. They didn't do bad with away games either. Who was with me at the '06 game vs Steelers? There were as many Terrible Towels in the seats as there were Falcons fans. If Bill came here, do you think he'd mind seeing 12,000 fans in the stands if he went 4-12 his first few years? I'm sure he would mind. And it never was a coach that sold out the Dome consistently anyway. It was YKW.

No sir, there is only one man for this job. A man we could all be patient with while he rebuilds the Falcons into a fierce and feared team, a man the ATL fans and our players could identify with and respect, a man starting fresh as a HC, a man capable of building his OWN legend in Atlanta and not trying to add to an existing one as a HC. That man, ladies and gentlemen, is:

singletary2.jpg

singletary w00t

I'm just not so sure this fanbase will give Singletary enough time to actually do something here. You can bet all the racist fans will come out of the woodwork if Singletary is coach. I hate to say that, but the way they treated Vick before his legal trouble and the way they treat DeAngelo Hall now is nothing compared to how they would treat a black head coach. However, he is probably 4th on my list of coaching candidates.

Superfan "! (12/14/2007)

singletary2.jpg

I love yq dude, but that is a weak argument. Cowher went to the playoffs year after year with mediocre talent and 25% turnover each year. He got the the playoffs with Tommy Frickin' Maddox and Cordell Stewart.

All the guy knows how to do is win and he accepts nothing else. I know you are anti-Cowher, but be honest about the man's achievements.

I agree.

jbresette (12/14/2007)
I'm just not so sure this fanbase will give Singletary enough time to actually do something here. You can bet all the racist fans will come out of the woodwork if Singletary is coach. I hate to say that, but the way they treated Vick before his legal trouble and the way they treat DeAngelo Hall now is nothing compared to how they would treat a black head coach. However, he is probably 4th on my list of coaching candidates.
:w00t::w00t:

I love yq dude, but that is a weak argument. Cowher went to the playoffs year after year with mediocre talent and 25% turnover each year. He got the the playoffs with Tommy Frickin' Maddox and Cordell Stewart.

All the guy knows how to do is win and he accepts nothing else. I know you are anti-Cowher, but be honest about the man's achievements.

I'd be totally okay w/Cowher, but what do you think the chances are of us actually getting him to come here? I say slim to none. I just don't think he'd take the job. Hope I'm wrong, because this go-round I'd rather see proven winner than unproven first-time HC. I could easily support Singletary, but of the 2, Cowher would be my preference. Just don't think that's gonna happen.

jbresette (12/14/2007)
You can bet all the racist fans will come out of the woodwork if Singletary is coach. I hate to say that, but the way they treated Vick before his legal trouble and the way they treat DeAngelo Hall now is nothing compared to how they would treat a black head coach.

I'm sure Singletary will give the racists a chance to suit up and go head on against him :pinch::crying:, "We love this kinda party" :crazy:!!!!!

jbresette (12/14/2007)

Who cares what racists fans would say?

Superfan "! (12/14/2007)

-After what you think this team has gone through that fans won't be satisfied with playoff appearances? He doesn't have to win the SuperBowl to be succesful here, eventhough that should be his goal.

-The excitement he would generate by himself would sell out the 1st year alone. I'm sure his ego is big enough that he believes he can make this team a winner and sellout the stadium. No head coaching job now or in 2009 will have fans like Pittsburgh. The teams with crazy loyal fans have coaches and they aren't going anywhere.

-I woulnd't be dissapointed w/ Singletary and I think our chances of getting Cowher are less then 50%. However, if Cowher is considering Atlanta, Blank will make it happen. McKay would be forced to step down, he would be the highest paid NFL head coach, and he would have complete control of personel. Now, if Cowher wants to come back to coaching to win quickly with another coaches players then Atlanta is obviously not the place for him. If, and this is a big if, he wants to come back and build a franchise by putting his stamp on it, then Atlanta is perfect. We have 9 draft picks and an owner who is willing to spend $$$.

If Cowher doesn't want that, then I think Singletary should be the next top candidate.

Supes, I'm with you on this one.

He was Mr Blank's choice when we got that last guy.

Anybody wonder about what kind of charcater Mike Singletary has, or what kind of leadership he uses, take a look at this video and you will then know that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwE-0atpysQ

WE NEED MIKE SINGLETARY!

Mike will bring the Falcon's something we have never had.

Instant National credibility with Sports Media.

A LEADER we can respect because he has been there and lived the NFL.

I would love to have this man representing the Falcons on TV, in our club house and in Mr Blank's Front office.

the franchise really needs a proven winner at HC now. Nothing against singletary, but we need to stop taking chances on first time head coaches here. we really need a cowher, shottenheimer or a vermeil, someone who has coached for a long time and has proven to be a winner.

however if we decide to make the mistake of taking another chance on a first year hc guy, singletary is the best man for the job.

joremari (12/14/2007)
the franchise really needs a proven winner at HC now. Nothing against singletary, but we need to stop taking chances on first time head coaches here. we really need a cowher, shottenheimer or a vermeil, someone who has coached for a long time and has proven to be a winner.

You assume that any of those guys would have an interest in the job.

Cough cough.

The Falcons have had 10 winning seasons in franchise history.

Bill Cowher has had 11 winning seasons as a head coach.

He had only 3 losing seasons in 15 years.

He only went to one Super Bowl, but never a team full of superstars or HOF quarterbacks.

Went to the Super Bowl with Neil O'donnell.

Went to 6 AFC Championship games.

Franchise Season Wins Losses Ties Postseason

Pittsburgh Steelers 1992 11 5 0 0-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 1993 9 7 0 0-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 1994 12 4 0 1-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 1995 11 5 0 2-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 1996 10 6 0 1-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 1997 11 5 0 1-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 1998 7 9 0

Pittsburgh Steelers 1999 6 10 0

Pittsburgh Steelers 2000 9 7 0

Pittsburgh Steelers 2001 13 3 0 1-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 2002 10 5 1 1-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 2003 6 10 0

Pittsburgh Steelers 2004 15 1 0 1-1

Pittsburgh Steelers 2005 11 5 0 4-0

Pittsburgh Steelers 2006 8 8 0

Totals ---- 149 (62.3%) 90 1 12-9

I think he would work just fine.

Look at the division the Steelers are in in - the early 90's - Cincy, Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville - Jacksonville was an expansion, Cincy was horrible, Cleveland was terrible moved became the Ravens then became another expansion, Houston was descent but became horrible and later moved becoming the Titans

Then they were moved to the AFC North - Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincy - Cleveland has sucked for a decade until this year, Cincy was good 1 year and Baltimore is on of the most overrated teams year after year

I would expect the Steelers to go to the playoffs year after year - only them and Cincy did not move or were an expansion team since '94

jbresette (12/14/2007)

With all due respect, you are full of crap!!! No one I know or have talked to, or heard has ever put down a player or coach because of his skin color. Sometimes people say things about players and coaches, just because of the way they perform, and that's the way it is around here. WTF does skin color have to do with performance...You are so wrong on this one...:angry:

snake (12/14/2007)
jbresette (12/14/2007)

OK Al Sharpton. There was a good article in the AJC today on the frequent Slave mentality and your post here proves what the author was saying. You couldn't be more wrong in what you just said. You've allowed a narrow view point to overtake the Much hard work thats been done.

Snake,

I saw what you wrote this idiot, after my last post... What a piece of work he is!