Just saw on ESPN that Bobby Petrino cannot

Jab

wow. they are sure making those contract wizards good on 5HourNCAAFootballContract.com very flexible and extensible these days.

that's lucky for the AD at Arkansas who never talked to bobby p. until he resigned five hours before singing sooooeeeeee. i would have thought that a contract drawn up and executed that quickly wouldn't have been so tailored to the situation.

/sarcasm.

poetx99 (12/14/2007)
wow. they are sure making those contract wizards good on 5HourNCAAFootballContract.com very flexible and extensible these days.

that's lucky for the AD at Arkansas who never talked to bobby p. until he resigned five hours before singing sooooeeeeee. i would have thought that a contract drawn up and executed that quickly wouldn't have been so tailored to the situation.

/sarcasm.

Indeed. Maybe lying is not the new "phenomenon" that some people on this board make it out to be.:P

I wonder how his family feels right now. You know the kids have to be sick of moving from city to city and his wife must be pretty gutless. I think the Arkansas gig will be his last chance to have a prominent head coaching position. I really don't think he'll be that successful there either having to recruit against LSU, Auburn, and a Saban led Alabama.

high voltage (12/14/2007)
I wonder how his family feels right now. You know the kids have to be sick of moving from city to city and his wife must be pretty gutless. I think the Arkansas gig will be his last chance to have a prominent head coaching position. I really don't think he'll be that successful there either having to recruit against LSU, Auburn, and a Saban led Alabama.
I was wondering the exact same thing about his wife. But, instead of labeling her as "gutless", I'm thinking she's more in the "diva" mold and will go wherever as long as she can continue to live in the lap of luxury. After all, a dollar will go a lot further in Fayetteville than it will in Atlanta. The way I see it, the only question she probably asked Petrino is, "Is there a Macy's in Fayetteville, schmukins?"

bankerbird (12/14/2007)
I was wondering the exact same thing about his wife. But, instead of labeling her as "gutless", I'm thinking she's more in the "diva" mold and will go wherever as long as she can continue to live in the lap of luxury. After all, a dollar will go a lot further in Fayetteville than it will in Atlanta. The way I see it, the only question she probably asked Petrino is, "Is there a Macy's in Fayetteville, schmukins?"quote]

:laugh: :laugh:

LMAO! Glad to see you postin' again BB... :)

bankerbird (12/14/2007)
I was wondering the exact same thing about his wife. But, instead of labeling her as "gutless", I'm thinking she's more in the "diva" mold and will go wherever as long as she can continue to live in the lap of luxury. After all, a dollar will go a lot further in Fayetteville than it will in Atlanta. The way I see it, the only question she probably asked Petrino is, "Is there a Macy's in Fayetteville, schmukins?"

Or perhaps "Will this move entail a new Mercedes for me? Okay, then."

grendel (12/14/2007)

I hope they use his lying ways against him in recruiting. "Do you want your son being led by a guy like this?"

I'm sure that's really hampering Saban right now. :hehe:

Actually, Petrino has helped out in-state recruiting more than Houston Nutt ever did in his 10 years at the U of A.

grendel (12/14/2007)
Dirty Bird Razorback (12/14/2007)

I'm sure that's really hampering Saban right now. :hehe:

Actually, Petrino has helped out in-state recruiting more than Houston Nutt ever did in his 10 years at the U of A.

So you're saying Arkansans are dumber than we thought?

Funny that ya'll think Pro caliber athletes are something of character, along with college coaches. To think about it, parents are supposed to raise kids, not coaches or athletes.

FREE MIKE VICK!!!