Who Should Wear A Falcons Uniform In 08?

bossFALCON™

BlacksburgHokie (12/13/2007)
Tebow isn't eligible. White will probably be a WR, and probably won't declare early either.

Of those on your list, I would go for Brennan. He's impressed me with his arm strength and decision making. Plus, we would be able to get him either in the bottom of the first round or the second round.

tebow can come out of the draft as a sophomore, it is just highly unlikely. vick came out as a sophomore.

bossFALCON (12/13/2007)
Tebow isn't eligible. White will probably be a WR, and probably won't declare early either.

Of those on your list, I would go for Brennan. He's impressed me with his arm strength and decision making. Plus, we would be able to get him either in the bottom of the first round or the second round.

tebow can come out of the draft as a sophomore, it is just highly unlikely. vick came out as a sophomore.

No, he can't. You have to be three years removed from high school graduation to be eligible. Vick redshirted a year, so his sophomore year was technically his third year after high school graduation. Tebow didn't redshirt, and is only two years removed from graduation.

bossFALCON (12/13/2007)

i think vick was a redshirt sophmore, but criesman trophy winner tim teblow is a true sophmore.( done research, and he was a reshirt sophmore)

GEORGIAfan (12/13/2007)
bossFALCON (12/13/2007)

i think vick was a redshirt sophmore, but criesman trophy winner tim teblow is a true sophmore.( done research, and he was a reshirt sophmore)

yea you're right i just looked it up.

bigbirdfan75 (12/13/2007)
Beau J (12/13/2007)
Jake Long or Michael Oher first round

Erik Ainge 2nd round (If he last that is...)

Ainge is freakin' awful. He SUCKS! TERRIBLE! Sorry, but I REALLY hope the Falcons don't draft him.

Look, I used to agree with that. Even last year I talked about how bad he was. He's big and he's pretty **** accurate. And he's better than anything the Falcons have. Matt Ryan won't be there in the 2nd round, which is my next choice. I don't care about how flashy these guys were in college. He's got the mechanics and vision.

georgiafan34 (12/13/2007)
i voted for colt brennen but has everyone forgotten about john david booty out of USC? after the injury he kind of flew under the radar but is still a pretty good QB

I agree. When healthy he might move up to the second or third best in the draft. I voted for Brohm.

I'll tell you who I want wearing Red and Black. Any player in FA or the Draft that eats, sleeps, breathes, bleeds the game of football... and would lay himself out for his teammates. Along with that, the player needs to be battle-tested, having played in the big games and succeeded. And who shows extreme leadership in the locker room. THAT is the player I want in Atlanta. If he lives the game, plays the game at the highest level and succeeds, leads his brothers in the locker room and would sacrifice himself for the sake of the team, in whatever capacity that might be in the course of a football game... he's good in my book.

Yes, we need talent. Yes, we need blue chip draft picks. Sure, we could use a well-known, proven coach. But if any of them... ANY of them... have the slightest strain of what Bobby Petrino has coursing through his selfish veins... slam the door in his face. It's time for the Falcons to build a Superbowl contender. This is where it starts. Go Falcons!

I voted for Dennis Dixon. He has proven himself in big games that he had to win, with big play potential and accuracy to go with his big time arm, he has shown real leadership and intelligence on and off the field, and he has sacrificed himself to give his team a chance to win. He is who I want leading this team at the QB position.

grendel (12/14/2007)
Beau J (12/13/2007)
And Brian Brohm will NEVER play for the Falcons. Authur Blank would look like a fool if he took a product of Petrino after he ditched the team.

Your top 2 QBs are Ryan and Ainge? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Yeah, we'd be so foolish to take the best QB prospect out there... We'll teach Petrino a lesson by not taking the best player, that'll teach him.

Gotta agree with you here grendel. If Brohm is the best qb for us then we take him. What happened with Petrino has absolutely nothing to do with the drafting of Brian Brohm even though it is less likely we will take him than before but he is one of the top qb's in the nation and we need a top shelf qb. If we take Ainge then we are hurting and desperate because he sucks worse than anybody currently on our team.

Who should we take?

Why should we take them?

What round should we take them?

Colt Brennan

We should take Brennan because he is a winner, has that confidence that a Brett Favre has. If he makes a mistake he overcomes them, fastest release of all the quarterbacks, mobile and can throw on the run, and he is smart with the football, can make quick decisions.

We can get Colt in the 2nd Round.

This leaves us the first round to draft Jake Long. O Line should be the priority, not just to protect the investment at quarterback but to open up running lanes for the running backs.

grendel (12/14/2007)
Beau J (12/13/2007)
And Brian Brohm will NEVER play for the Falcons. Authur Blank would look like a fool if he took a product of Petrino after he ditched the team.

Yeah, we'd be so foolish to take the best QB prospect out there... We'll teach Petrino a lesson by not taking the best player, that'll teach him.

And you honestly think Brohm is the best choice in the draft? :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I like Brohm. I wanted him in Atlanta. Him being under Petrino for years before was just screaming he would start by game 4 of 08. But Coward is gone. Blank is like that. He is spiteful, and Petrino made an ##### out of him.

rydolph (12/14/2007)
grendel (12/14/2007)
Beau J (12/13/2007)

Gotta agree with you here grendel. If Brohm is the best qb for us then we take him. What happened with Petrino has absolutely nothing to do with the drafting of Brian Brohm even though it is less likely we will take him than before but he is one of the top qb's in the nation and we need a top shelf qb. If we take Ainge then we are hurting and desperate because he sucks worse than anybody currently on our team.

Everyone is talking trash on my comments, but there is NO ******** savior running back or QB that is going to make Atlantas line look like studs. They need offensive linemen. They need a franchise LT. Gandy is old and Foster is injury strickened. The line shuffle is not gonna work. Ryan, Brohm, Woodsen, Brennan will be gone by the 1st. I don't give a **** if you like Tennessee or not. I don't either. Because he wasn't some highlight reel guy in college doesn't mean he sucks. He started impressing me and maturing halfway through the season. I never thought I'd even consider him. I think he could handle the NFL. I could be wrong though, so could you.

Some of you fuggers act like I'm not allowing to have an opinion.