Not Bashing McKay but......

jdc1963

I really don't know how I feel about him just yet but man oh man, if I made the kind of decisions that effected the company that I work for in the manner in which McKay's decisions have effected this franchise, I would be shown the door rather swiftly. I'm not even talking about personnel, that's debatable. What is not are the two HC hires that failed so miserably. How is it this General Manager keeps his job?

jdc1963 (12/13/2007)
I really don't know how I feel about him just yet but man oh man, if I made the kind of decisions that effected the company that I work for in the manner in which McKay's decisions have effected this franchise, I would be shown the door rather swiftly. I'm not even talking about personnel, that's debatable. What is not are the two HC hires that failed so miserably. How is it this General Manager keeps his job?

Obviously he's figured out how to push Arthur Blanks hot button. ;):)

I have no earthly idea. All I heard when Petrino was hired was that this was different than Mora because he was McKay's hire. If that's the case, shouldn't he be held responsible for this? Heads have to roll for this monumental and collosal screw up. If it's not McKay, someone has made some AWFUL, AWFUL, choices for the Falcons. Way overpaying garbage free agents, terrible draft picks that don't produce, and bringing in a cancer for a head coach. Also, if McKay is not at fault for any of the things I just named because he's not making any decisions, what's the point of having him here?

dyoshot (12/13/2007)
I have no earthly idea. All I heard when Petrino was hired was that this was different than Mora because he was McKay's hire. If that's the case, shouldn't he be held responsible for this? Heads have to roll for this monumental and collosal screw up. If it's not McKay, someone has made some AWFUL, AWFUL, choices for the Falcons. Way overpaying garbage free agents, terrible draft picks that don't produce, and bringing in a cancer for a head coach. Also, if McKay is not at fault for any of the things I just named because he's not making any decisions, what's the point of having him here?

Exactly, how can that be.

During the press conference he made it a point to say that most team and personnel decisions are voted on by the assistant coaches he and A. Blank.

Kinda sounded as though he was attempting to deflect blame away from himself to me.

Whatever the case should be held accountable for his role in this mess as much as anybody.

Smashmouth (12/13/2007)
dyoshot (12/13/2007)

Exactly, how can that be.

During the press conference he made it a point to say that most team and personnel decisions are voted on by the assistant coaches he and A. Blank.

Kinda sounded as though he was attempting to deflect blame away from himself to me.

Whatever the case should be held accountable for his role in this mess as much as anybody.

I hear ya, and I'm sure when some people read this they're going to say I'm just hating. I'm just keeping it real. I've seen numerous crappy free agents come in here, horrible draft picks, and this coach. I can't say it's McKay because I am not an employee of the Falcons, but even a blind man can see the results. It cannot be denied that someone is making bad decisons and is screwing up. It's unacceptable.

jdc1963 (12/13/2007)

Because he rides that old myth that he did it in Tampa, which Ruskill and the other guy were the real people that did it. He just happened to be there. Look at Matt Millen that dude should have been canned 2 years ago but he still has a job. Its the Gift of gab. Whoever the falcon pick as head coach I hope they make him Co-GM. Let the coach buy his groceries and let Mckay look at them and run the office and PR. But let the COACH have overall say so on who stays and goes. And there is only one coach that could really do all that. BILL COWHER. ;) We need the Chin here.

4897o82g.jpg

halsey (12/13/2007)
Because it's not like the Falcons were a powerhouse before he arrived or that there's a lot of top GM candidates out there to replace him? Just maybe?

Good point. However, he's been here four or five years if I'm not mistaken, isn't that enough time to make an impact and get your stamp on this team? I'm not saying that I have the talent to be a GM in the NFL, don't get me wrong. But how hard is it to build the crappy team that we see now, and hire a college coach like Bobby Petrino who was a known job hopper?