Next HC selection

Ed

After the Mora firing, can anyone recall if Kubiak was available or had Houston scooped him up yet? I would hope that whoever the next selection is, the front office will do ALL of their homework. If Cowher isn't available and runs at other Big names in the booth don't pan out, they must at a minimum choose someone with a sound philosophy that comes from a winning system/franchise. Singletary may be that guy but if they had a shot at Kubiak and passed on him, well nuff said. Hindsight, there would not have been a change in the running style much and he would have kept the quarterback that he went after. A thinking man that has a backup or potential starter in a familiar system. All this is moot now. I just want some stability for the team. I have seen posts on Cowher, Singletary and Zimmerman frequently as frontrunners..hopefully this time, Blank/McKay is thinking the same. By the way, do to his inability to finish, I think Boobie should be the one to pay for all the season ticket holders this year with his salary that he didn't earn.

I am out.

I want to know what makes Singletary one of the hot coaching prospects. It's a fact that great players generally don't make good coaches, in any sport. And doesn't he coach a team that has been one of the league's worst for several years. So why is he so coveted? Just asking.

Ed (12/13/2007)
After the Mora firing, can anyone recall if Kubiak was available or had Houston scooped him up yet? I would hope that whoever the next selection is, the front office will do ALL of their homework. If Cowher isn't available and runs at other Big names in the booth don't pan out, they must at a minimum choose someone with a sound philosophy that comes from a winning system/franchise. Singletary may be that guy but if they had a shot at Kubiak and passed on him, well nuff said. Hindsight, there would not have been a change in the running style much and he would have kept the quarterback that he went after. A thinking man that has a backup or potential starter in a familiar system. All this is moot now. I just want some stability for the team. I have seen posts on Cowher, Singletary and Zimmerman frequently as frontrunners..hopefully this time, Blank/McKay is thinking the same. By the way, do to his inability to finish, I think Boobie should be the one to pay for all the season ticket holders this year with his salary that he didn't earn.

I am out.

Houston had already hired Kubiak when the Falcons fired Mora, but I wanted to hire Kubiak when we hired Mr. Happyfunland Coach.

At the time it made the most sense, and so of course it was ignored. ;)

Favorite prospect: Russ Grimm

Prospects that would still have me grinning: Mike Singletary, Shottenheimer

I like the thought of Zimmer, but my deepest hopes are that he stays on as DC and continues the development that he has started with the D. That is harder to do when you have HC responsibilities.