Will this always be a losing franchise?

Matt Mcgowen

I've been a Falcons fan ever since I can remember. It's always been the one thing my Dad and I could share and are both passionate about. One thing i've always hoped was to see the Falcons win a Superbowl before my Dad(or myself) passed on. Until recently i've still held hope for this dream.

Lately though,i'm starting to really question whether it will ever happen.Or have I wasted my time and poured so much of my soul into a team that will always find a way to lose?

Ay man.... Let me give you a few words of encouragement. I've been a Falcons fan since 1987 (20 years), and that's because I was born in 1987. I share the same dream as you do. I know the Falcons have been going through a lot latley but I always believed this... "It's not really worth being a fan, if your not there for the hard times". I remember going to the Falcons games when I was young and seeing nothing but green seats everywhere, and it hasn't stop me from being a faithful fan. Just keep your head up man we gone bring one home, and WHEN we do....Need I say more!

im 49 yrs old and have been wishing this since 1966. i quit smoking, drinking,drugs, eating greasy foods, started exercising, am very aware of my surroundings, drive cautiously , all this i ve been doing since 1990 to increase my odds of seeing the day you just asked about. now im waiting on the falcons to do there part and i sense 3 to 5 yrs before we even see a winning season again:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Changing Head Coaches constantly doesn't help.

Changing your scheme and style constantly doesn't help.

Constant Bad Drafts doesn't help.

Find one team in the league that has consistantly been all 3 of the above, then look at their season by season records. Chances are, any team that can do these 3 will always be winners.

Patriots, Steelers, Colts, etc. They weren't winners from day 1, they built for their wins.

The Falcon Ace (12/13/2007)
Changing Head Coaches constantly doesn't help.

Changing your scheme and style constantly doesn't help.

Constant Bad Drafts doesn't help.

Find one team in the league that has consistantly been all 3 of the above, then look at their season by season records. Chances are, any team that can do these 3 will always be winners.

Patriots, Steelers, Colts, etc. They weren't winners from day 1, they built for their wins.

at least our draft picks are getting better. d. hall, boley, norwood, robinson, and houston.

Matt Mcgowen (12/13/2007)
I've been a Falcons fan ever since I can remember. It's always been the one thing my Dad and I could share and are both passionate about. One thing i've always hoped was to see the Falcons win a Superbowl before my Dad(or myself) passed on. Until recently i've still held hope for this dream.

Lately though,i'm starting to really question whether it will ever happen.Or have I wasted my time and poured so much of my soul into a team that will always find a way to lose?

I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE DAY ONE (1966) CAN YOU GUESS WHAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH? I'VE TRIED TO JUMP SHIP A NUMBER OF TIMES BUT ............... "Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me right back in."

I'm 47 and have been an Atlanta Falcon fan my entire life... with my Dad who passed away in 2000. At least he got to see them finally make it to the SB.

Though I have never turned my back on this team the Vick BS and the way Blank and McKay have managed this team have me really starting to question how much more of this I can take.

I never liked Petrino and when Blank was was singing his praises on MNF the other night while the Falcons were getting their azzes handed to them I wanted to puke.

Out of town on business I also missed the "Free Vick" parade which also disgusted me.

The problem is the fans don't get to choose who the owner, GM or coaches are. Us older fans have loyalties to the team that go way beyond anything Blank, McKay or the next coach will have.

If we can get a coach in here I can respect... one with integrity and the ability to lead (Petrino had neither) (being an a hole doesn't make one a leader) then I can get behind them and stay on board.

I will never pull for any team other than the Falcons, but I may just give up on the NFL till someone in Atlanta gives me a product I can be proud of... win or lose.