Josh Johnson

Don't think can call Joe Flacco a sleeper anymore considering in the last Scout.com QB ranking the guy was a whopping 4th overall behind Woodson.

But who everybody is really sleeping on is the guy who ranked 1st in passing efficiency on that level of football this year. The guy who ranked 1st in passing efficiency last year. The guy who ranked 2nd the year before that in his 1st year as a starter.

The guy who had a ridiculous 43/1 TD/INT ratio this season.

That guy is Josh Johnson.

Now many people are turned off by this guy because of Travaris Jackson but his gaudy numbers blow Jackson out of the water. He also has a much better frame and better mechanics for the next level.

I think we should take a serious long look at this guy at the combine.

Not only that, but he leads this ENTIRE(including the Juniors) Quarterback class in YPA by at least .6 YPA. He has dropped back to pass less than Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Brennan, Ainge, Flacco, Booty, Flynn, Keller, Paul Smith, Morelli, O'Connell, Santos, Brink, Daniel, Painter, and Harrell. He also has more net yards than Booty, Flynn, Keller, Morelli, O'Connell, Santos, and Harper.

I've been watching as many clips of him as I can find. His accuracy isn't devastating but there is one thing that sticks out about the guy - it's the fact that he's thrown 113 TDs and only 15 INTS. That means that the guy sees the field well and doesn't make stupid mistakes.

113 TDs, 15 INTs. Wow, that's just incredible. He's quite an athlete, definitely worth taking a chance on in the 3rd or 4th round.

Peyton (12/18/2007)
I've been watching as many clips of him as I can find. His accuracy isn't devastating but there is one thing that sticks out about the guy - it's the fact that he's thrown 113 TDs and only 15 INTS. That means that the guy sees the field well and doesn't make stupid mistakes.

113 TDs, 15 INTs. Wow, that's just incredible. He's quite an athlete, definitely worth taking a chance on in the 3rd or 4th round.

And he does it in a pro style offense.

The transition from bad college competition to good pro is a HUGE one but I have all the faith in the world he can make the jump.

If Travaris Jackson who didn't even have great stats nor the measurables of Josh Johnson can look like a top 40 QB, I think Josh Johnson could look like a top 10.

That's how much better Josh Johnson looks than Jackson.

every year people jump all over these DII guys, but they rarely equate to much, or get drafted high. T. Jackson was drafted high for a DII guy, and Romo plays very well as a DII guy, but chances are guys like Johnson, Smith and maybe even Flacco just wont equate to much.

Reminds me of that guy (Elliot?) that San Diego took as a UDFA that everybody said was going to be great because of his college stats. Dont get your hopes up on guys like Josh Johnson, odds are against them.