Mike Singletary???

The H.N.I.C.

I thought Singletary is in a 3-4 defense. This really stresses how critical the new coach really is. If we get a coach that is dedicated to a 3-4, we will have to completely remake our our d-line and linebacker corps, as well as replace our coordinator [i doubt Zimmer would want to go back to a 3-4 when he disliked it in Dallas].

Same problem with the offense. Go back to zone blocking?

Personally, I would like to see Zimmer stay, but I don't feel comfortable selecting a Coach solely on the basis of him wanting/agreeing to keep Zimmer and a 4-3.

Vote-4-Roddy! (12/13/2007)
Man. i agree i hope dorsey is there when we pick, if he's there u pick him for sure, even if mcfadden is there too. dorsey would be our warren sapp. if not dorsey i say we try and trade down to like pick 10-12 and draft clady or laurinitis or ever phillips

I think you take McFadden over Dorsey. Both picks would be great, but McFadden would become the face of the franchise and bring an excitement back to this team. For the record, I'm not a big advocate of taking RBs early in the draft, but I think McFadden is an exception.

capATL (12/13/2007)
I thought Singletary is in a 3-4 defense. This really stresses how critical the new coach really is. If we get a coach that is dedicated to a 3-4, we will have to completely remake our our d-line and linebacker corps, as well as replace our coordinator [i doubt Zimmer would want to go back to a 3-4 when he disliked it in Dallas].

Same problem with the offense. Go back to zone blocking?

Personally, I would like to see Zimmer stay, but I don't feel comfortable selecting a Coach solely on the basis of him wanting/agreeing to keep Zimmer and a 4-3.

Please! Singletary played in Buddy Ryan's 46 defense with the Bears. People keep forgetting Zimmer coached a 3-4 last season with Dallas! Now, if we brought in Bill Cowher, we would probably change to a 3-4. I like Singletary, but I am also high on Ron Rivera. He was the Bears DC last season and their defense hasn't been the same without him!

Yeah, but he got run off because him and Lovie Smith had philosophical differences. Or so I am told. My point about Zimmer is just because someone coaches a 3-4, it doesn't mean they like it. I was trying to compare Zimmer and Singletary in that manner. I like Zimmer, and I hope whoever the new HC is retains him and Hue Jackson.

If we do name Singletary HC, do you think he can talk Buddy Ryan out of retirement to help coach a 46 defense. Or maybe Arthur Blank can get Doug Plank over to the Falcons. It was named after Plank.

If we get mike as our head coach, i think it would be very likely that we draft james laurinitis.(sp) I would love that pick, if glenn dorsey were of the board.

If we get Singletary as our coach, unfortunately it's not going to matter who we select. We need someone with more than 5 years of total coaching experience and none of those at even a coordinator level to lead us out of the mess we're currently in as an organization.

Plus have we not learned our lesson about hiring 49ers defensive coaches as our new head coach????

Robb4242 (12/13/2007)
If we get mike as our head coach, i think it would be very likely that we draft james laurinitis.(sp) I would love that pick, if glenn dorsey were of the board.

If we get Singletary as our coach, unfortunately it's not going to matter who we select. We need someone with more than 5 years of total coaching experience and none of those at even a coordinator level to lead us out of the mess we're currently in as an organization.

Plus have we not learned our lesson about hiring 49ers defensive coaches as our new head coach????

I totally agree with Robb on this one , I've havon't mentioned it , but I think getting Mike would be the worst thing that could happen for this team , don't get me wrong as a person and a LB Coach he is the best , but as a HC , He is simply not quailified.

Everybody needs to remember , WE MUST Get the right Coach if we are to have any chance at all to have a good team . Marty Shot , Cowerd , or even Martz are the 3 names to concider. If we get Singletary , we are in deep trouble IMO.