I'm Glad the Media Sided with Us

formul8or

formul8or (12/13/2007)
I honestly thought through all of this we'd be hearing things like "Well of course he left Atlanta, look at that team! Who wouldn't?"

But thankfully everyone seemed to go against Petrino. I like it.

i like it too. the only people who think petrino did the right thing is the college analyst but ##### the college analysts. i wonder what they will say when petrino leaves arkansas 5 games into the season.

rbenf2311 (12/13/2007)
I'm glad he left this piece of crap town. I wouldn't have waited around for you backwoods people to blame everything on me either.

Good job Mr. P.

if you are so down on atlanta and the falcons why the ##### are you wasting your time on this board? we dont need negative ##### people like you on here. everyone knows the falcons arent the best team but we ARE rebuilding!!!

Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
formul8or (12/13/2007)
I honestly thought through all of this we'd be hearing things like "Well of course he left Atlanta, look at that team! Who wouldn't?"

i like it too. the only people who think petrino did the right thing is the college analyst but ##### the college analysts. i wonder what they will say when petrino leaves arkansas 5 games into the season.

Don't worry, we put a condom on this one.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_art...90.85442.113709

"FAYETTEVILLE - Bobby Petrino won't have an easy time leaving Arkansas if a coaching opportunity ever presents itself elsewhere.

Petrino's employment agreement with the university includes a no-compete clause and $2.85 million buyout. Arkansas hired Petrino from the Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday, offering him a five-year contract worth $2.85 annually, plus incentives. Petrino and Chancellor John White signed an offer letter on Tuesday, guaranteeing $750,000 in "public and private funds" be paid by the University. The additional $1.95 million would be paid by the Razorback Foundation."

Dirty Bird Razorback (12/13/2007)
Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
formul8or (12/13/2007)

"FAYETTEVILLE - Bobby Petrino won't have an easy time leaving Arkansas if a coaching opportunity ever presents itself elsewhere.

Petrino's employment agreement with the university includes a no-compete clause and $2.85 million buyout. Arkansas hired Petrino from the Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday, offering him a five-year contract worth $2.85 annually, plus incentives. Petrino and Chancellor John White signed an offer letter on Tuesday, guaranteeing $750,000 in "public and private funds" be paid by the University. The additional $1.95 million would be paid by the Razorback Foundation."

he had a buyout in louisville where he had to pay 1 million if he left early there. he left early and paid the buyout. he is a coach whore!!!

Dirty Bird Razorback (12/13/2007)
Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
formul8or (12/13/2007)

That isn't much of a clause. If he wants to leave, that's not gonna stop him.

fansince78 (12/13/2007)
Not everyone. I saw one idiot on ESPN saying that the players quit on Petrino before he quit on the team.

Yeah... it was that scumbag Skip Bayless. He was asking the questions for the Budweiser Hot Seat portion of Sportscenter to Marcellus Wiley.

Someone needs to tell Bayless that his job in that portion is to ASK THE QUESTIONS, NOT ANSWER THEM. Before he even asked the first question, he had already launched into a rant about how the players quit on Petrino. He was actually ARGUING with Wiley, who was saying that under no circumstances should Petrino have done what he did.

Somehow, in all this, Bayless managed to turn the portion into a bash the Falcons rant instead of focusing on the actual issue. He was actually trying to JUSTIFY what Petrino did, while all the while saying, "Now, I'm not defending Petrino, but...".

I don't know what he has against Atlanta, but he sure has SOMETHING and I really wish they'd get someone who would do his JOB instead of doing what he WANTS to do.

Direwolf

Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
rbenf2311 (12/13/2007)
I'm glad he left this piece of crap town. I wouldn't have waited around for you backwoods people to blame everything on me either.

Good job Mr. P.

if you are so down on atlanta and the falcons why the ##### are you wasting your time on this board? we dont need negative ##### people like you on here. everyone knows the falcons arent the best team but we ARE rebuilding!!!

Perhaps he's just unemployed and frustrated :angry: ?

Smashmouth (12/13/2007)
Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
rbenf2311 (12/13/2007)

Good job Mr. P.

Perhaps he's just unemployed and frustrated :angry: ?

i dont know but i am sticking by the falcons until i die (unless they relocate to arkansas)