Kudos........To the Saints fans!

IonSen88

After entering Rival Central today, I noticed the first top 10 threads were all created by Bucs fans and(or) about the fuccanqueers. I think there was maybe 5 threads about Tampa all season last year and the Saints fans are still around, even after a subpar season! I thought you'd run like Pigtrino was your surname. Big ups....

:hehe:

nawlinsaintfan (12/13/2007)
It's because nearly all Saints fans are life long fans.... not Ex-Redskin fans... NASCAR fans... fairweather transplant fans.... or no winter baseball fans.

Not true, atleast anymore. I've seen a lot more people that became Saints 'fans' after or during 2006. Some even right after Katrina (specifically '05 NO@CAR game). I like that shot you took at us though....Nearly all Falcons fans are life long fans. We don't have anymore to bandwagon than the Saints do. We've sucked. 4 decades of suckage.

On the flip side, you frauds weren't here before 2006, so stop tooting your horn....I gave you guys props because I was wrong and thought you guys would bail...

Ion-

I don't like bandwagon fans of any stripe. 2006 did create some bandwagon saint fans, but

this year should kill most of those off.

The falcons didn't have a season recently that would cause band wagoners, but until recently they had a QB that caused bandwagoners. Hes gone now, and eventually most of the bandwagoners will be too.

As an FYI, I was a fan before 2006.

IonSen88 (12/13/2007)
It's because nearly all Saints fans are life long fans.... not Ex-Redskin fans... NASCAR fans... fairweather transplant fans.... or no winter baseball fans.

Not true, atleast anymore. I've seen a lot more people that became Saints 'fans' after or during 2006. Some even right after Katrina (specifically '05 NO@CAR game). I like that shot you took at us though....Nearly all Falcons fans are life long fans. We don't have anymore to bandwagon than the Saints do. We've sucked. 4 decades of suckage.

On the flip side, you frauds weren't here before 2006, so stop tooting your horn....I gave you guys props because I was wrong and thought you guys would bail...

Where do you live? and when did you start noticing new Saints fans?

If I am correct you live "not in New Orleans" and you started noticing new fans "after New Orleanians were forced to disperse from their home to other, lesser places." Also, over the past two years you moved from a high school in Gwinnett County with +/- 2000 students to a college with +/-10,000 students. I am shocked that there weren't more Saints' fans in a suburban Atlanta high school. Guessing you currently have more daily contact with a broader cross section of people. Am I right?

It's the whole "if a tree falls in the woods..." thing. Just because you didn't notice them, or they weren't on the same messageboard as you has nothing to do with their existence.

If we had joined in 1987 and then disappeared until last year, you would have every right to sling around "fraud," "bandwagon," or whatever other term you could think of. But, as you rightly pointed out, that's not what you're seeing.

IonSen88 (12/13/2007)

At least someone else noticed that.

615saint (12/13/2007)
IonSen88 (12/13/2007)

Where do you live? and when did you start noticing new Saints fans?

If I am correct you live "not in New Orleans" and you started noticing new fans "after New Orleanians were forced to disperse from their home to other, lesser places." Also, over the past two years you moved from a high school in Gwinnett County with +/- 2000 students to a college with +/-10,000 students. I am shocked that there weren't more Saints' fans in a suburban Atlanta high school. Guessing you currently have more daily contact with a broader cross section of people. Am I right?

It's the whole "if a tree falls in the woods..." thing. Just because you didn't notice them, or they weren't on the same messageboard as you has nothing to do with their existence.

If we had joined in 1987 and then disappeared until last year, you would have every right to sling around "fraud," "bandwagon," or whatever other term you could think of. But, as you rightly pointed out, that's not what you're seeing.

No, I know exactly what he's saying. People, along with the media, began calling New Orleans America's "new" team. I know of at least a handful of people in Southern California who jumped on the bandwagon. At a family gathering, someone I hadn't thought was IN to football goes... "When is the Saints game on?" That's the sort of thing he's talking about. The same thing happened to Tampa after the Superbowl, and the Falcons after the Vick nut-huggers jumped on board.

The best thing that could happen to you guys, in that respect, is a bad/8-8 season. They'll jump ship and find another team to root for.

irishbuc (12/13/2007)
The best thing that could happen to you guys, in that respect, is a bad/8-8 season. They'll jump ship and find another team to root for.

What do you mean, they'll jump ship. They're already sporting their new Romo jerseys.

In other words, their back to their original team. Sooner or later, someone else will come out hot, the Dallas bandwagon will empty like a box of donuts in an overeater's anonymous meeting, and will fill back up with life long 'boys fans the second Dallas wins a few games in a row.

/been like that since the beginning of time.

irishbuc (12/13/2007)

No, I know exactly what he's saying. People, along with the media, began calling New Orleans America's "new" team. I know of at least a handful of people in Southern California who jumped on the bandwagon. At a family gathering, someone I hadn't thought was IN to football goes... "When is the Saints game on?" That's the sort of thing he's talking about. The same thing happened to Tampa after the Superbowl, and the Falcons after the Vick nut-huggers jumped on board.

It is ironic that the guy the original post was aimed at is the one backing Ionsen.