Jodie Foster comes out of the closet

Jodie Foster acknowledges gay partner

Published on: 12/13/2007

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. Jodie Foster acknowledged her long-rumored lesbian partner at the Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast this week.

"I don't feel very powerful.

"I feel fragile ... unsure, struggling to figure it all out," the 45-year-old actress-director-producer said Tuesday as she accepted the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at the event, held at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Foster characterized herself as a "professional" and a "gentleman." But she also said that after working in entertainment for 42 years, "there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake."

"I always feel like something of an impostor. I don't know what I'm doing," she said. "I suppose that's my one little secret, the secret of my success."

The Oscar-winning actress then thanked "my beautiful Cydney," a reference to Cydney Bernard, the film producer and long rumored lesbian partner, who "sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss," according to the Times of London.

Despite more than a decade of speculation, questions over the paternity of her two sons and critics calling for her be -- out and proud -- Foster has refused to discuss her sexuality.

Other speakers at the 16th annual event included "Hairspray" co-stars Queen Latifah and John Travolta, who played Edna Turnblad in the film.

"I woke up saying, 'What dress do I wear today,'" Travolta quipped. "Because I'm a woman who believes in the power of women, I said, 'Wear the suit.'"

Cult Leader (12/13/2007)
Ethanga62890 (12/13/2007)
No wonder she's a ****** actor.

pshhhh. You're just wrong.

Silence of the Lambs

Taxi Driver

The Accused

Contact

Inside Man

Anyhow, of course she is a lesbian.

I didn't like Taxi Driver, The Accused, Contact, or Silence of the Lambs for the fact that her acting ruined it for me. Inside Man she was actually good in.

Cult Leader (12/13/2007)

Silence of the Lambs

Taxi Driver

The Accused

Contact

Inside Man

I didn't like Taxi Driver, The Accused, Contact, or Silence of the Lambs for the fact that her acting ruined it for me. Inside Man she was actually good in.

You do realize she won an Oscar for 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'The Accused'?

She was also nominated for an Oscar for 'Taxi Driver' and 'Nell'.

Cult Leader (12/13/2007)
Cult Leader (12/13/2007)

Silence of the Lambs

Taxi Driver

The Accused

Contact

Inside Man

You do realize she won an Oscar for 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'The Accused'?

She was also nominated for an Oscar for 'Taxi Driver' and 'Nell'.

I form my own opinions i don't let the Oscars do it for me. And IMO she is a ****** actress.

Cult Leader (12/13/2007)
XLDenaliReturns (12/13/2007)
her accent in silence of the lambs ALMOST ruined that movie.

No way, it was great. That way Hannibal Lector could make fun of her for being a sh*t-kicking hick.

it was a terrible accent. so fake-sounding. anthony hopkins is the ONLY reason people consider that a good film. jodie foster is average at best.

(i don't care about the oscars either. they're BS)