Emmitt Thomas

Robb4242

I really have not seen much posted on these boards about Emmitt. JMO, I think this is a great choice for our interim head coach. Mr. Blank is rewarding Emmitt for his long time of service with the organization & he is a person that has been actually deserving of a shot like this. I know his chances of landing the gig full time are slim to none, but he is getting to show what he can do & hopefully, not just for the Falcons, but for Emmitt who is a great guy, I hope it goes extremely well. Maybe this is the stepping stone that he needs to propel him to a HC or at worst a DC job that he deserves.

Robb4242 (12/13/2007)
I really have not seen much posted on these boards about Emmitt. JMO, I think this is a great choice for our interim head coach. Mr. Blank is rewarding Emmitt for his long time of service with the organization & he is a person that has been actually deserving of a shot like this. I know his chances of landing the gig full time are slim to none, but he is getting to show what he can do & hopefully, not just for the Falcons, but for Emmitt who is a great guy, I hope it goes extremely well. Maybe this is the stepping stone that he needs to propel him to a HC or at worst a DC job that he deserves.

emmitt does not want to be a head coach. he is doing this just as a courtesy to the falcons.

Emmitt is doing what is right for his boss and his orginization. Loyalty, and shows his character!!! The choice was great- Pick a coach, that has been here for the long haul, and will be here for the long haul... a coach that RESPECTS and KNOWS the players, and a coach KNOWN and REPECTED BY THE PLAYERS!!!!!

kudos for the choice!!!!

Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
Robb4242 (12/13/2007)

emmitt does not want to be a head coach. he is doing this just as a courtesy to the falcons.

He may not want to be a HC, but he deserves the shot if he did. I've never spoken to him before, but I do know that there are players on both sides of the ball that have tremendous respect for him and even if it's just 3 games, I'd like to see him succeed.

Yeah I agree it is hard to believe a guy with this much experiance has never been given a chance as a head coach, I think he has never had any interest in being an NFL head coach.

Look at his resume he went from being the Eagles D Coordinator to become the Falcons DB Coach.

phattywankenobi (12/13/2007)
After learning a little bit about his background and the support the players are giving him I have to agree. I will admit, when they mentioned his name as the interim head coach I was like...Who?

I feel like I can safely say HALL is now our franchise player. Why not have HIS coach as our interim coach. With Hall and Milloy ( great vet leader) satisfied with the coach, I think it helps the team gel back together.

as a side note, I wold love to hear from Grady about his take on BP!!, unless Grady was let go because of Zimmer.someone please interview GRADY!!!!!!

phattywankenobi (12/13/2007)
After learning a little bit about his background and the support the players are giving him I have to agree. I will admit, when they mentioned his name as the interim head coach I was like...Who?

It's sad that his accomplishments as a player aren't better remembered. It's like Champ Bailey becoming an interim coach in 2042 and people saying Who?

Robb4242 (12/13/2007)
Bo$$man (12/13/2007)
Robb4242 (12/13/2007)

He may not want to be a HC, but he deserves the shot if he did. I've never spoken to him before, but I do know that there are players on both sides of the ball that have tremendous respect for him and even if it's just 3 games, I'd like to see him succeed.

but the point is if you go to atlantafalcons.com he clearly states, "lets not make this anymore than it is. i do not want to be a head coach for another team. I am 64 years old"

dont get your hopes up people. he is doing this as a[courtesy