Please stop with we need an Offensive mind at Head Coach

Demetrius Dew

We need a leader a motivator a guy that can light the fire inside of guys and have them ready to play four quarters of football. A coach that demands respect with his resume alone.

Hue Jackson and Zimmerman are more than capable of being coordinators and calling plays we need a leader of men that can motivate.

Cowher and Singletary IMO are the only two coaches available that can provide that for us.

Demetrius Dew (12/13/2007)
We need a leader a motivator a guy that can light the fire inside of guys and have them ready to play four quarters of football. A coach that demands respect with his resume alone.

Hue Jackson and Zimmerman are more than capable of being coordinators and calling plays we need a leader of men that can motivate.

Cowher and Singletary IMO are the only two coaches available that can provide that for us.

I agree ATL clearly doesnt need an offensive minded coach i mean they do have one of the best offenses in the league and one of the highest scoring.

And Singletary has proven he can lead an NFL team, not just a LB corps, because of all of his vast NFL coaching experience.

Cower I agree with, Singletary, not so much. Will Singletary become a good NFL coach, I believe he will, but the situation that we have going on in Atlanta is NOT the place for someone trying to be a HC for the first time.

I doubt Cower will take over this mess, he's going to go somewhere that he can win fairly soon, but this is the type of challenge that Shottenheimer seems to relish. Like Bart suggests above, it's time for Martyball in Atlanta.

Sure we need a leader but our offense is in way worse shape than our defense. We need someone who knows how to build an offense from the ground up.

I hate to be the barrier of bad news but we went that route with Petrino and it did not work.

That makes a heck of a lot of sense (sarcasm off).

Petrino's success or failure is the litmus test?

Zimmer is capable of managing the defense .... our offense is in a shambles.

Steve_Bartkowski (12/13/2007)

Sure we need a leader but our offense is in way worse shape than our defense. We need someone who knows how to build an offense from the ground up.

i agree.

Steve_Bartkowski (12/13/2007)

First post I have seen here in a while that made any sense.

Garrett will be given a long look. Cowher not a chance ... and Singletary - what has he really done?

I noticed that in both Cincy and Atlanta players have been very outspoken about how much the respect Hue Jackson.

That makes a heck of a lot of sense (sarcasm off).

Petrino's success or failure is the litmus test?

Zimmer is capable of managing the defense .... our offense is in a shambles.

Well Parcells tree has more Lombardi Trophies if I might add. We don't need a Head Coach that is hands on with the offense or the defense we need a head coach that is ready to lead 53 men and motivate 53 men.

Hue Jackson is ready to take center stage and prove what he is capable of doing.

Hue Jackson was brought in as OC light.

This was Petrino's offense ... and if he was not going to be her ... Hue Jackson probably would not be wearing a Falcons golf shirt right now.

Hue has done a fine job preparing the receivers, but he is not known to be an offensive mastermind, nor has he been truly tested in building an offense, or at least an offensive identity.

It has been a long time since he has called plays in the NFL.