you have my sympathy

RamsFirst

First I just want to say you have my condolences for what must be a nightmare season for Falcons fans. I don't have to summarize, but first Vick and DoggieGate, the trade of Matt Schaub, then this whole Petrino fiasco.....yeccchhhh.

Petrino, my goodness, the way he handled his resignation is so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start. To basically phone in your resignation and send a memo to your players (in the middle of a season no less) after you told the team owner you're in it for the duration, is absolutely nauseating.

I think it pretty well guarantees Petrino will never coach in the NFL again. NFL stands for Not For Losers.

Look at what the Rams have had to endure this year...we lost our entire starting OL (except for Barron) this year, Bulger & Jackson beat up etc etc.

Not to mention that nincompoop Linehan at the helm. I hope we get Haslett next year but the idiot Shaw has already given Linny the vote of confidence. Ugh.

That being said, I wouldn't trade places with you guys. Keep your chin up, things will get better. We could be the Dolphins!

I hope you guys hire Singletary next year...he deserves the shot. One thing about this year I never understood was...why not just let Harrington run the offense...I mean he would have had a pretty good year if you just left him in there.

One thing for sure...Leftwich is NOT the answer. He is a HORRIBLE QB with TERRIBLE mechanics....a guy who is living off his college rep. He didn't do much of anything with the Jags, and that was with a very good team around him. Think about that.

Well, like I said, hang in there. Peace.

RamsFirst (12/13/2007)
First I just want to say you have my condolences for what must be a nightmare season for Falcons fans. I don't have to summarize, but first Vick and DoggieGate, the trade of Matt Schaub, then this whole Petrino fiasco.....yeccchhhh.

Petrino, my goodness, the way he handled his resignation is so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start. To basically phone in your resignation and send a memo to your players (in the middle of a season no less) after you told the team owner you're in it for the duration, is absolutely nauseating.

I think it pretty well guarantees Petrino will never coach in the NFL again. NFL stands for Not For Losers.

Look at what the Rams have had to endure this year...we lost our entire starting OL (except for Barron) this year, Bulger & Jackson beat up etc etc.

Not to mention that nincompoop Linehan at the helm. I hope we get Haslett next year but the idiot Shaw has already given Linny the vote of confidence. Ugh.

That being said, I wouldn't trade places with you guys. Keep your chin up, things will get better. We could be the Dolphins!

I hope you guys hire Singletary next year...he deserves the shot. One thing about this year I never understood was...why not just let Harrington run the offense...I mean he would have had a pretty good year if you just left him in there.

One thing for sure...Leftwich is NOT the answer. He is a HORRIBLE QB with TERRIBLE mechanics....a guy who is living off his college rep. He didn't do much of anything with the Jags, and that was with a very good team around him. Think about that.

Well, like I said, hang in there. Peace.

Thanks man.

So you think we're having a bad year huh? :D

Thanks man. Adversity is a good thing in the long run. The character of a person becomes clear only when the chips are down. I am grateful that the character of Bobby Petrino came out now instead of three years down the road. He would have gotten rid of the good players on this team by then.

The draft, some of the veteran players and free agency can provide the next coach with a team capable of being competitive provided that another mistake is not made in the hiring of that coach. That is a really bright light at the end of this tunnel and something that Petrino was not capable of putting together..

While it is a sad year for this franchise, at least it won t continue into another season.