I applaud Petrino for this move..our Players are to blame

ygtisback

Yes people i'm back after my year and a half ban...i've sat on the sidelines complaining about the state of the falcons for over 2yrs now. Only to get banned and get called names. Guys...not even Bill Bellicheck could save this team...I was watching espn and watching failures like Keith Brooking,Warrick Dunn, Joey Harrington, D. Hall and Lawyer Milloy call Petrino a coward..i cannot believe my eyes...they should be ashamed and feel guilty as much as everyone else. I'm sure Petrino was hoping for a lighter Vick sentence to make him wanna go on with this team....cuz let's face it..The falcons are nothing without our disgraced dog killer/ex qb. Thanks to the falcon filter we have an offensive lineman for a tight end in Alge Crumpler....3rd down and 10..Joey f'ing harrington throws a 2yard out and after shrugs his shoulders like he's Peyton Manning...Keith Brooking is always confused and out of position should be playing special teams at the most...any corner back playing opposite of D. Hall on the falcons is toast(rossum, houston, the no name chris sanders and Jim Mora Jnr's ex lover currently in buffalo)...and D. Hall gives up a big play like every other game....Warrick Dunn is only starting cuz Arthur Blank wants him to. The dude is a midget for crying out loud. I just wish someone in a buckhead club would smash a bottle of moet on his knee caps and send him to retirement. The allegiance to warrick dunn over the years has put us in countless 3rd down and longs and more..I'm convinced that he is the next to blame after vick for our downfall..this team has so many holes that we need a supplemental draft or have this team be declared a new franchise so we can be given a quality player from every nfl team...my thoughts are many...Michael Jenkins i didnt forget about you...every pass u have failed to catch this season has gone for a touchdown...i'm waiting for all those smart people over at 790thezone...680am, espn and foxsports to call out this team for what it's worth...i'm convinced we're worse than the dolphins...how did a team that made it to the nfc championship game a couple of years back become this bad?..yet week in week out i believe...i drag my u know what to the sports bar watch my beloved falcons hoping for the best and i see the same stumbling blocks...And can we get over this whole race issue...Joey was equally as bad if not worse than leftwich yet fans were chanting Joey Joey...no one was chanting for lefty when he was sucking it up most of the season yet in one game racism rears it's ugly head. I think we might have a keeper in redman...i like him and he shows guts..i could go on and on but this is a start...

No man...i'm **** serious....our team sucks and it starts with our sorry players...our players have been spoilt by Blank...since when did a head coach have to tell his starting qb one and one that he had been benched...Harrington is performance blind..after the way he sucked this season and he had the nerve to come out and diss Petrino just pissed me off...maybe they'll get what they deserve in a coach like Parcells where he cuts players every week to make his point clear...Bledsoe didnt play half as bad as Joey Harrington this year and still got benched for Romo...

How about this...coward Petrino quit because he saw no light at the end of the tunnel?..I'm not defending him but i kinda understand...maybe we should give the coaching job to the big mouth espn analysts and have a porous offensive line, a clueless proud Joey Harrington and a midget running back start for them and see if they can register one win with this ball club.

That's why my blame goes back to Arthur Blank, the falcons filter and Rich McKay...u know Dunn was starting because of his so called positive activities in the community..same goes for Keith Brooking..i'm sure Arthur hadn't given Petrino the control he needed to make this team better...D' Hall single handedly lost us a game to the Panthers all of a sudden he's a hero and Petrino is a coward...let's share the blame equally for the demise of this franchise.

i could go on and on but this is a start...

After the first couple of lines you sounded like the teacher in all of the Charlie Brown cartoons..."Wah...wah...wah...wah...wah."

****, you waited 2 years to post this? Friendly suggestion for ya....wait another 2 years and come back and try again. If in these next 2 years though you get an overwhelming desire to stick a fork into an electrical outlet I say honor and go with that feeling.

I agree that all our players have to accept and share responsibility for the poor performance of the team this year however, I will never applaud a coward and a liar that does not have the bizalls/gumption/cajones to man up and at least share his pending departure with his soon to be former team in person. A "Dear Team" form letter that appeared to be written by a struggling fourth grader was and is a chicken s*#t way out and probably a better indicator of his true person than anything we had seen to date. We will emerge from this stronger and better and I for one am looking forward to the upcoming draft and Free Agency period like never before. Go Falcons-Falcon Awesome

For the last two days I have watched on news reports and read in papers how the team is disappointed the coach has left and how he is a coward for quiting and not being honest to the team and fans. Monday night, the players gave a tribute to a criminal by wearing a number 7 on their cheeks and on shirts under their pads. Fans held up "free Vick" signs. This criminal lied to everyone about his involvement in several illegal activities and yet Atlanta still looks at him as a role model. Vick admitted his involvement, he told everyone he did it. Well the glove fit this time. Those teammates that called the coach a coward, how about your teammate that sits in a jail cell? Where is he to support the team? The issue is much worse than a coach who jumped ship when it was sinking. Come on people, wake up.

If you need someone to blame, call Michael Vick. The porous OL was put together with him in mind. The whole offense was put together with him in mind. Petrino came here with Vick in mind. Blank & McCay built the franchise around Vick. Remember that big contract? Remember letting Schaub go? Anyone knows the defense can't play well if the offense can't sustain drives. Dunn was a great fit for this offense with Vick at QB. You don't want a power running game with a scrambling QB. No, you run wider splits on the OL and beat the defense with speed and misdirection. Vick was the key. When he left, everything suffered.

You take the first year to find out what you need. Petrino was very intimidated from day one. I agree we need more control of the players and they need to perform like professionals on the field. Blank should step in make these guys quit worshiping vick on the sidelines and making our team look silly.

You take the first year to find out what you need. Petrino was very intimidated from day one. I agree we need more control of the players and they need to perform like professionals on the field. Blank should step in make these guys quit worshiping vick on the sidelines and making our team look silly.

I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure I liked you better when you were banned......

How does Hall give up big plays "every other week"? How many big plays has he given up this season? I can think of one, another one he recovered and caused a fumble... Anything else has been short plays infront of him...

And even if he does, they aren't TD's... That's left for Houston and Sanders to give up 20+ yard TD's... Besides, name me a CB who doesn't, at least on occassion, get beat... The point is, Hall gets beet significantly less then 98% of the league.

Petrino left because he couldn't cut it. How many times did we watch Dunn up the middle for -1 yards? Petrino was going to be fired soon enough. He was a college coach, and showed nothing more then college potential. But you go ahead and applaud a man who walked out on his team and insult those still here... That's what a real fan'd do....