Adam believes Mike will be our next HC ...

Tandy Gossett

Superfan "! (12/12/2007)
Twinblade (12/12/2007)
I wonder how long he would stay, after all, experiments seem to go bad.

Man, anyone we bring here is gonna be an experiment!

Nope, We get a coach that knows how to win and has been a head coach would make this team better..we keep getting coaches that has never been a head coach would only make this team get worse because its not good for a team to keep learning a new system every year or other year because that certain coach couldn't do it.

GEORGIAfan (12/12/2007)

he hasnt even been a Dcord. the only thing he is a LB coach, and a #####. head coach. BLANK DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE!!! PICK MIKE ZIMMER!!!!!!!!

Wow... seriously? You know that Mike Singletary is a big name for many teams, right? It's not like he just suddenly came on the radar. He's already had a 10 Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame career. He knows a thing or two about the NFL.

Someone like Cowher is an obvious choice, but someone like Cowher just isn't realistic for Atlanta I'm afraid. It would be nice to be proven wrong, though.

As for Zimmer... I'd rather keep him as our DC. We need a guy like Singletary on this team. His motor doesn't stop, he knows how to handle NFL players, and he will hold people accountable... and I doubt he will take a demotion to come here when he can bide his time in SF and get a head coaching job elsewhere.

He was going to be our next HC anyways until McKay sold Blank on Petrino... or at least that's how the story goes.

Carter (12/12/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/12/2007)

he hasnt even been a Dcord. the only thing he is a LB coach, and a #####. head coach. BLANK DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE!!! PICK MIKE ZIMMER!!!!!!!!

Wow... seriously? You know that Mike Singletary is a big name for many teams, right? It's not like he just suddenly came on the radar. He's already had a 10 Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame career. He knows a thing or two about the NFL.

Someone like Cowher is an obvious choice, but someone like Cowher just isn't realistic for Atlanta I'm afraid. It would be nice to be proven wrong, though.

As for Zimmer... I'd rather keep him as our DC. We need a guy like Singletary on this team. His motor doesn't stop, he knows how to handle NFL players, and he will hold people accountable... and I doubt he will take a demotion to come here when he can bide his time in SF and get a head coaching job elsewhere.

He was going to be our next HC anyways until McKay sold Blank on Petrino... or at least that's how the story goes.

Singletary is hyped, thats the main reason, so yes lets get a coach and wait for a few years instead of getting a real coach. Sorry but Singletary would be a mistake for head coach.

Twinblade (12/12/2007)

Singletary is hyped, thats the main reason, so yes lets get a coach and wait for a few years instead of getting a real coach. Sorry but Singletary would be a mistake for head coach.

Singletary is hyped? :rolleyes:

The man's credentials speak for themselves. Sorry if you can't look up his wikipedia page and see a Dungy-like list of coordinator jobs and feel as if the Atlanta Falcons will magically turn into the Indianapolis Colts or New England Patriots.

Singletary would be a mistake? What else you see in that crystal ball? Everyone's into making these predictions of mistakes now... I guess so you can all come back later on if we lose some more and say "told ya so" or something. :rolleyes:

There is no more guarantee that Zimmer could turn this team around than there is that Singletary could. Zimmer is a proven DC and I say we keep him as our DC. The Falcons are not in a position to cherry pick.

Carter (12/12/2007)
Twinblade (12/12/2007)

The man's credentials speak for themselves. Sorry if you can't look up his wikipedia page and see a Dungy-like list of coordinator jobs and feel as if the Atlanta Falcons will magically turn into the Indianapolis Colts or New England Patriots.

Singletary would be a mistake? What else you see in that crystal ball? Everyone's into making these predictions of mistakes now... I guess so you can all come back later on if we lose some more and say "told ya so" or something. :rolleyes:

There is no more guarantee that Zimmer could turn this team around than there is that Singletary could. Zimmer is a proven DC and I say we keep him as our DC. The Falcons are not in a position to cherry pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Singletary only has 2 jobs there. San Fran and Ravens.

In 2003, Singletary became linebackers coach for the Baltimore Ravens (pairing Singletary with Ray Lewis). Following the 2004 season, the San Francisco 49ers hired Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Nolan to be their head coach, and Singletary left the Ravens with Nolan to be San Francisco's assistant head coach and linebackers coach.

OMG LOOK AT THOSE CREDENTIALS!!!

MIKE ZIMMER WONT BE HERE IF HE IS NOT HEAD COACH!!!!! MAKE ZIMMER HEAD COACH!!!

singletary can be the Dcord.

Carter (12/12/2007)
Twinblade (12/12/2007)

Everybody is making a prediction on who we will get, like you, you think we will get singletary, I honest don't think so because after BP left, I think Blank will go with more "Experienced" Head coach.

So please do tell me what makes Singletary so great to be a head coach for the falcons? Is it because he made players like Ray Lewis and Willis great?

TheDirtyWordII (12/12/2007)
If Mike Tomlin with one year of being a DC can be the HC of one of the NFL's most storied franchises, I think Singletary warrants serious consideration.

Or he just have went to a really good team to begin with....I will not write out Singletary for the job but I just rather have us go with somebody with experience.

Twinblade (12/12/2007)
If Mike Tomlin with one year of being a DC can be the HC of one of the NFL's most storied franchises, I think Singletary warrants serious consideration.

Or he just have went to a really good team to begin with....I will not write out Singletary for the job but I just rather have us go with somebody with experience.

Norv Turner went to a good team to begin with and that has certainly had it's rocky moments. While they'll win the division, it's in large part to it's weakness and not the improvement or even maintaining the level they played at previously.

Good point! Everyone wanted to say Tomlin wasn't going to be good enough and he is doing VERY well up in Pittsburgh.

There isn't a HC we could interview that wouldn't be a risk with this or any other team. If it was easy to find a Head Coach, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Parcels wasn't the perfect fit Dallas wanted in his last Gig. How well is that Joe Gibbs thing working out for the Redskins?

Mike is a risk, but we at least have a good feeling that he isn't going to bolt in a year. We know he will have the respect of the players, at least in the beginning. And we know that he will put everything he can into the job.

Sure he is a risk, but you have a risk with every coach you can bring in here, including Cowher. Whats to stop him from coaching a rebuilding team for a year, then remember how nice it was sitting on his ##### at home in North Carolina.

Twinblade (12/12/2007)
Carter (12/12/2007)
Twinblade (12/12/2007)

Everybody is making a prediction on who we will get, like you, you think we will get singletary, I honest don't think so because after BP left, I think Blank will go with more "Experienced" Head coach.

So please do tell me what makes Singletary so great to be a head coach for the falcons? Is it because he made players like Ray Lewis and Willis great?

What "experienced" head coach is going to come here? This is a nightmare job, Cowher would cost about 10 mil.

One thing people are not paying attention to is age, if we're going to hire another HC, we need one that will be around for a while, not one who will leave for health issues or "burn out"; the excuse so many long tenured coaches like to use(I know they've all been off for at least a year but there is no doubt that excuse will be made.)

I don't want any coach that brings in a 3-4 defense, Cowher included. Our personnel doesn't fit that scheme at all (mainly b/c of Abraham).