Top Posters In This Topic

Twinblade (12/12/2007)
Singletary is 4th on my list

1. Bill Cowher

2. Dan Reeves

3. Marty

4. Singletary

5. Rex Ryan

so if we cant get the first 3, then I wouldn't mind Singletary even though it would be another experiment

If you take Reeves off you have my top 4.

If we can't get the proven guys Like Cowher & Marty Singletary is my number 1 (And most likley to happen) choice

harringtonbomb (12/12/2007)
I like him and I think that Singletary along with Zimmer could create possibly the best defense in the league, but we REALLY need an offensive coach. Maybe we could grab Brian Billick after this season, if the Ravens fire him?

Billick is a good coach, but If you want an Offensive guy. He's not it. The Ravens have always been Defense.

I keep trying to find anything wrong with hiring him and can't find any reason other than lack of experience as head coach. Can't get it if you never get the chance. I would be OK if he were to be hired. It's not like this will be a "dream job" for a few years, but it would definitely be a chance for an up and comer. Outside of Singletary, who would really want to come here?

The Falcons Defense don't seem to be the problem with me. We need a good offensive minded coach, or at least a better O-cordinator. The offense has not been getting the job done for the past few years. Look at what Martz has done in Detroit, and look how bad the Rams are without Martz. Then again can't really recall any great coaches in Atlanta, any they pick can't be as bad as Petrino. Wonder what Mora is doing ???

I'm worried about Singletary, he may be a great coach and well liked around the nfl but he will just be another experiment.

Jim Mora jr was a experiment, see what happen to him.

Bobby "A-hole" Petrino was a mistake experiment.

I think we will be best off with a coach that has some head coaching experience.

Twinblade (12/12/2007)
I'm worried about Singletary, he may be a great coach and well liked around the nfl but he will just be another experiment.

Jim Mora jr was a experiment, see what happen to him.

Bobby "A-hole" Petrino was a mistake experiment.

I think we will be best off with a coach that has some head coaching experience.

What if we can't get the experienced guy that is worth anything? Maybe 3rd times a charm. I'm not opposed to him at all. Sure I would take Cowher first and Schotty or Reeves, but if we can't lure and proven coach here then I think Singletary would be someone the players would at least look up to and listen to what he says.

Vicious (12/12/2007)
I'm climbung into the bandwagon. I grew up watching him and thought he was great then. He took Lewis to another level. I think he has what it takes to manage and motivate NFL players. What about you all?
JMO, I don't think a rookie HC is the way to go with this team. I think we need someone with a lot of pro HC experience & team building experience as well.

Robb4242 (12/12/2007)
Vicious (12/12/2007)
I'm climbung into the bandwagon. I grew up watching him and thought he was great then. He took Lewis to another level. I think he has what it takes to manage and motivate NFL players. What about you all?
JMO, I don't think a rookie HC is the way to go with this team. I think we need someone with a lot of pro HC experience & team building experience as well.

Thats what im saying.

domeOFpain (12/12/2007)
I think mike is just what we need. WE will not win over 6 games for the next two years. Year, 3 we can be back in the playoffs. We need someone around for the long haul that is tough minded, can lead, an NFL guy. Mike is my man.

Bill Cowher would turn this team around next year and get us in the playoffs, Blank would probably not keep Marty after 2 seasons if we dont win now.