New coaching job up for grabs: JUNE JONES and COLT BRENNAN

louis fruchtman

You know, the possibility of this actually crossed my mind at one point... but all this talk about pairing up QBs with their college coaches in the NFL is really getting on my nerves. June Jones has already been here and didn't bring us close to what anyone would call a reasonable measure of success.

Elements of the run & shoot work for the Pats because the Pats have the personnel to make it work in the NFL. It's simply not an option for the Falcons, unless you want to watch this franchise flail in another decade of depression.

louis fruchtman (12/12/2007)
The best decision would be hire June Jones as the new head coach and draft Colt Brennan.
June Jones was a failure as the Falcons HC. He lost his locker room and was fired. He was not suited to coach at the NFL level just like Petrino. Besides, Petrino threw salt in the game of any college coach who might have had aspirations of making the jump to the pros.

Ironfeet01 (12/14/2007)
louis fruchtman (12/12/2007)
The best decision would be hire June Jones as the new head coach and draft Colt Brennan.
June Jones was a failure as the Falcons HC. He lost his locker room and was fired. He was not suited to coach at the NFL level just like Petrino. Besides, Petrino threw salt in the game of any college coach who might have had aspirations of making the jump to the pros.
Yeah, the Chuck-N-Duck would fail again at this level. :D

If it were a 100% guarantee we'd get Brennan in the draft, I'd say go ahead and bring back June.

The truth is June wasn't really a failure here. Jeff George just blew up the team the same way the Vick situation has blown up the team this year. The year before the Falcons went to the playoffs and had a top 10 offense, and were the first team in NFL history with 4 players gaining 1000 yards from scrimmage.

The problem was, just like it has been for every coach in Falcon history, the defense was sorry.

That's why the guy I really want for the Falcons is Bill Cowher. I know that guy wouldn't let our defense suck.