My girl lost a cat today

HatedInRayJay1

My girl and here two cats have been staying with me for the last month while the house she was living at had some plumbing work done. I've never been a pet prson but when she moved in I told her the two cats could stayed here as well.

Well, today she accidently turned on the dryer not realizing one of the cats was in there. I didn't make it and I feel horrible for her and the cat right now. Christmas is coming up and the thought crossed my mind about getting her another one but I'm not sure if thats a good idea. I'm not sure if it would be to early. What do you think? To early? Would it just be to wierd for her?

sapporo sam (12/12/2007)
no body loose a cat here. loose a cat mean "come here stinky were are you"

what hapen is some body kill a cat and that is rong. do no get more cat. plant tree of some ting. no more animal to just kill.

What?

Are you halfway through inventing a new language? Possibly an English spin-off?

sapporo sam (12/12/2007)
no body loose a cat here. loose a cat mean "come here stinky were are you"

what hapen is some body kill a cat and that is rong. do no get more cat. plant tree of some ting. no more animal to just kill.

Sapporo!!! My friend from the East! Glad you made it here.But be warned, many here will not be able to comprehend your great wisdom.

I've NEVER warmed up to the idea of a pet as a blind gift. Its basically implying that shes supposed to love this 'new' cat, so I'd shy away from it.

Stephen King has a great short story about something like that called 'L.T.'s Theory of Pets' where a couple divorced because the husband got the wife a cat she hated (and disliked her) and the wife got the husband a dog he hated (and hated him) so they split up with each other taking the 'others' pet.

If you want to get her a new cat, make sure she is with you and you go together.

HatedInRayJay1 (12/12/2007)
My girl and here two cats have been staying with me for the last month while the house she was living at had some plumbing work done. I've never been a pet prson but when she moved in I told her the two cats could stayed here as well.

Well, today she accidently turned on the dryer not realizing one of the cats was in there. I didn't make it and I feel horrible for her and the cat right now. Christmas is coming up and the thought crossed my mind about getting her another one but I'm not sure if thats a good idea. I'm not sure if it would be to early. What do you think? To early? Would it just be to wierd for her?

I dont think she needs another cat if she couldnt keep up with that one. Sorry if that sounded too blunt but I have 3 cats and constantly check the fridge, oven, washer, dryer and closet everytime I'm about to use them. I'm OCD about that stuff.

Only she knows if It's too early, so you could ask her. Although you have good intentions, if you spring a new cat on her, she could take it the wrong way.

As a girl who lost a perfectly healthy cat (thanks, tainted food) earlier this year, my internal reaction to people who automatically assumed I could/would/should replace him was not pretty.

etifan (12/13/2007)
Only she knows if It's too early, so you could ask her. Although you have good intentions, if you spring a new cat on her, she could take it the wrong way.

As a girl who lost a perfectly healthy cat (thanks, tainted food) earlier this year, my internal reaction to people who automatically assumed I could/would/should replace him was not pretty.

I'm sorry to hear that, I remember when that was going around I was scared to death that mine were going to die and I was going to have to burn a building down.

nuccah (12/13/2007)
I've NEVER warmed up to the idea of a pet as a blind gift. Its basically implying that shes supposed to love this 'new' cat, so I'd shy away from it.

Stephen King has a great short story about something like that called 'L.T.'s Theory of Pets' where a couple divorced because the husband got the wife a cat she hated (and disliked her) and the wife got the husband a dog he hated (and hated him) so they split up with each other taking the 'others' pet.

If you want to get her a new cat, make sure she is with you and you go together.

Thats what I didn't want.

HatedInRayJay1 (12/13/2007)
Thanks. One thing she asked for last year was a mainecoon cat calender.

I guess I haven't learned how to quote someone yet. This response was for Ethanga

I just got a Mainecoon, he's about 6 months old and 15 pounds. but yeah, i agree with everyone else, blind gift pets aren't very smart IMO.

The_ ATL (12/13/2007)
etifan (12/13/2007)

I'm sorry to hear that, I remember when that was going around I was scared to death that mine were going to die and I was going to have to burn a building down.

Thanks, and that sums up my feelings perfectly. I've been contacted about the class action suit, but regardless of settlement size (which I'm sure will be small), I would gladly trade my portion for the name and address of the ##### who was ultimately responsible for quality control.

After hearing Ethanga talking about a Main Coon and how large they get I looked them up on Google and it has to be the type I have as well. My then gf brought him home at 5 weeks old but now he is about 5 months and 13 pounds (no fat at all). He almost looks like a lion with all his hair around his face and neck.

Not 100% sure he is one but I am 100% sure his isnt a pure domestic cat like my other 2. Only cat I have ever had that yells at you when he plays or you scold him.

The_ ATL (12/13/2007)
After hearing Ethanga talking about a Main Coon and how large they get I looked them up on Google and it has to be the type I have as well. My then gf brought him home at 5 weeks old but now he is about 5 months and 13 pounds (no fat at all). He almost looks like a lion with all his hair around his face and neck.

Not 100% sure he is one but I am 100% sure his isnt a pure domestic cat like my other 2. Only cat I have ever had that yells at you when he plays or you scold him.

Don't they kick #####? :D

Ethanga62890 (12/13/2007)
The_ ATL (12/13/2007)

Don't they kick #####? :D

LOL yeah I am able to play more rough with him than I am my dog, craziest cat I have ever had.

The_ ATL (12/13/2007)

LOL yeah I am able to play more rough with him than I am my dog, craziest cat I have ever had.

Mine has the MOST AWKWARD sleeping positions i kid you not. He also likes biting whenever i play with him. I grew up around cats so i'm pretty immune to bites and scratches so i just play with him and sometimes it gets rough :laugh:

Ethanga62890 (12/13/2007)

Mine has the MOST AWKWARD sleeping positions i kid you not. He also likes biting whenever i play with him. I grew up around cats so i'm pretty immune to bites and scratches so i just play with him and sometimes it gets rough :laugh:

Yeah I was walking down the hall the other day and he was sleeping upright leaning against the door like he had passed out drunk. :laugh: