Would Darren Macfadden re-energize the city more than a high pick QB?

Montford

Just curious as to would Run DMC even come close to having a Vick-like takeover of the fans hearts. Can we even expect him to be what Adrian Peterson has been to the Vikes in his first year? I also hear alot of chat about the Pats taking Macfadden....but why would they do that...dont they have Laurence Marooney whom is a great young back? They just gotta decide to run him more than 9 times a game, but they seem sit as far as franchise RB goes. Sooooo...Macfadden could very well be avaibale to us.

No one will have a Vick like takeover. No one will match the hype he had coming out of college.

That being said he will excite the city much more than a QB would.

Then there's the whole he's the Razorbacks best player and him coming here would be a nice jab to Petrino.

If only there was some way we could get McFadden to convince Petrino he's coming back and then bolt on him at the last minute.

Dr John Zoidberg (12/12/2007)
No one will have a Vick like takeover. No one will match the hype he had coming out of college.

Then there's the whole he's the Razorbacks best player and him coming here would be a nice jab to Petrino.

If only there was some way we could get McFadden to convince Petrino he's coming back and then bolt on him at the last minute.

lol Now two wrongs dont make a right ;)

y macfadden? i kno he is a great back but we have 2 good half backs dunn is losing his touch but norwood if a good half back... i think people r getting to high up on this rookies starting first year crap....hester,bush,young,petterson ... i mean its cool but we cant expect everyone thats expected high out of the draft to be amazing

noel47 (12/12/2007)
y macfadden? i kno he is a great back but we have 2 good half backs dunn is losing his touch but norwood if a good half back... i think people r getting to high up on this rookies starting first year crap....hester,bush,young,petterson ... i mean its cool but we cant expect everyone thats expected high out of the draft to be amazing

I agree with you here. I think Norwood is great back that is only going to get better. So I'de want to get a top notch qb and groom him.

Montford (12/12/2007)
Dr John Zoidberg (12/12/2007)

lol Now two wrongs dont make a right ;)

No but it would sure make you feel better. Like when an old flame gets an STD from the person they left you for.

Not like that happened to me or anything. I saw a special about it on... the history channel.

Montford (12/12/2007)
Just curious as to would Run DMC even come close to having a Vick-like takeover of the fans hearts. Can we even expect him to be what Adrian Peterson has been to the Vikes in his first year? I also hear alot of chat about the Pats taking Macfadden....but why would they do that...dont they have Laurence Marooney whom is a great young back? They just gotta decide to run him more than 9 times a game, but they seem sit as far as franchise RB goes. Sooooo...Macfadden could very well be avaibale to us.

There is no perfect solution but he's the closest thing to a buzz we could ever imagine taking in this draft.

Jake Long isn't going to do that and neither is Woodson/Ryan/Brohm

None of them have that Wow Factor or hype around them

My problem is that people are acting like McFadden is all sizzle but no steak.

The guy is the freaking real deal and the Bush comparisons are starting to ##### me off because their situations are COMPLETELY different

A 'dirt bag' is a coach who leaves his team less than 24 hours after winning one of the biggest games of the season against LSU and won't even see his team through the Cotton Bowl...not THAT is a Dirt Bag neamed Huston Nutt!!!!

In all actuality Bobby had to take this job with the Hogs right away because otherwise it would have been offered to someone else and when he learned that Auburn wasn't up for hire since Tupperville extended his contract it was ARKANSAS he wanted and to get it he had to act fast. We are so happy to have him here with us and are looking forward to a great year.

Having recently moved from GA I know the feelings that the area had for Bobby...however, this man walked into a hornets nest with the Vick thing going on and basically a hostile team. I can't blame him at all for wanting away from all the drama. I support the Falcons wholeheartedly and know that in the long run this is best for both teams! Hope you Falcons will do the same. SOOOOIE HOGS!

Montford (12/12/2007)

Really now? I dont see him that good.

Then you haven't watched him play.

Or if you are, you like the media who hasn't hyped him up must be having a Reggie Bush hangover.

But the bottomline is that there is less than a handful of backs that have done what he has done in his three years in a conference like the SEC.

Without controversy you can say that he is up there with Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker as all-time college football greats.

We're talking about a guy who would have been the 1st pick in a draft that consistent of Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. Think about that.

HogFan (12/12/2007)
A 'dirt bag' is a coach who leaves his team less than 24 hours after winning one of the biggest games of the season against LSU and won't even see his team through the Cotton Bowl...not THAT is a Dirt Bag neamed Huston Nutt!!!!

In all actuality Bobby had to take this job with the Hogs right away because otherwise it would have been offered to someone else and when he learned that Auburn wasn't up for hire since Tupperville extended his contract it was ARKANSAS he wanted and to get it he had to act fast. We are so happy to have him here with us and are looking forward to a great year.

Having recently moved from GA I know the feelings that the area had for Bobby...however, this man walked into a hornets nest with the Vick thing going on and basically a hostile team. I can't blame him at all for wanting away from all the drama. I support the Falcons wholeheartedly and know that in the long run this is best for both teams! Hope you Falcons will do the same. SOOOOIE HOGS!

I think he'll be a good college coach.

You just have to worry about him leaving... every day.

(12/12/2007)
I think the Patriots will get him first.

THe Newbie doesn't even get a name?

Gotta love it.

Anyways, that would be a disastrous scenario.

They could get a Herschel Walker like deal to reload the only aging players on their team.

Or

Even worse they could keep the pick and average 50 PPG next year.

That offense with an elite running game?

They would literally be impossible to stop offensively without their own miscues.

-I dont see the logic behind the Pats picking him tho. Marooney is a very good back. They're happy with him.

-You gotta be careful mentioning Macfadden's name in association with Herschel...youll stir up some strong feelings. Herschel was just ridicolous...Ive watch Macfadden play a few times but didnt catch a Herschel-like performance...maybe one in a Falcons uni is in store.

harringtonbomb (12/12/2007)
I don't think that would be a wise move. Our offensive line is in shambles and, while Adrian Peterson is an amazing back, the Vikings have one of the best run blocking teams in the league with Hutchinson, McKinney, and Birk. Who do we have?

It's much easier to find an OT in the 2nd round than it is to find a talent like McFadden.

Besides, at some point talent can mask weaknesses.

Look at Norwood's production vs Dunn behind the same line.

McFadden would take pressure off of the interim QB while a QB of the future develops all while putting butts in the seats.

And maybe he gives us the mojo to keep the NFC South trend going.

DeathFromAbove (12/12/2007)
If there is one thing that NFL experts almost universally agree on it's that drafting RBs low in the 1st round is a waste of money.

Vikings sure did waste their money didn't they?

If there is one thing for certain, most of the elite backs in the NFL right now are former 1st round picks

"The guy is the freaking real deal and the Bush comparisons are starting to ##### me off because their situations are COMPLETELY different"

Right. Bush had never been a between the tackles feature RB in his college career. McFadden has been just that at a high level against the top defensive competition in college. He's done things the SEC hasn't seen since Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker.