I love the Owner and the GM

Jerry Maguire

I do as well, but Blank does seem mad at McKay. He got snappy a couple of times during the press conference. The "do you want to answer some of these?" remark in particular was edgy.

I like McKay got it out there that he would have no problem giving personnel control to a big name head coach by using the Jimmy Johnson tidbit. That was directly stated to Cowher.

Yeah, I think McKay has to acknowledge his culpability for hiring Petrino, but only to his boss, Blank. In the end, Blank still needs someone to run the show and I don't think McKay has given Blank any reason to fire him. Hopefully, this dark day will yield positive results.

jidady (12/12/2007)
"My anger was about our supposedly wonderful GM's horrible judgement, not MV for accepting the deal."

Your anger is about a Pro Bowl QB getting paid like a Pro Bowl QB. Why are you blaming the GM for the way the system works?

Oh please dude...yea yippee we had a good year in 04 when the NFC was HISTORICALLY weak and we could feast on that. And Vick made the probowl along w/ McNabb and Culp, there wasn't much competition!

Awarding the hugest contract in NFL history at that point to Vick was LUDICROUS, which I said at the time, despite the fact that I still supported him as our QB at that point. Just one of many dumb things the McBlank regime has done...we're the ones who suffer, AB's still a billionaire at the end of the day.