A request to Falcons players......

loozianafalcon (12/12/2007)
Does anyone besides myself think that there are a number of players on this team who are quite estatic that Petrino is gone?? Do you think there will still be a "house-cleaning"??

Some players should be ecstatic that Petrino is gone. It was either him or them, and they knew it.

The major "house cleaning" will be delayed for at least a year now. The largest turnover of players occurs after a new coach's first year. That would have been this coming offseason for Petrino, but another year away for the next coach.

while i completely understand the sentiment, let's keep level heads and realize what is more important here...potentially the #2 or #3 draft pick (vs. dropping to potentially #9 or worse if we were to win 2-3 games)

OR...

winning a few and feeling better about ourselves after what petrino did??

how about this? let's lose the last 3, have a GREAT OFFSEASON, and come back next year winning.....that's good enough for me

downsouthfalconsman (12/12/2007)
while i completely understand the sentiment, let's keep level heads and realize what is more important here...potentially the #2 or #3 draft pick (vs. dropping to potentially #9 or worse if we were to win 2-3 games)

OR...

how about this? let's lose the last 3, have a GREAT OFFSEASON, and come back next year winning.....that's good enough for me

I will never see any reason a team should try to lose, WHat's the point of playing the game if thats the case.

downsouthfalconsman (12/12/2007)

OR...

you get better by winning games and building momentum.

if Early draft picks really meant that much of a difference, then the Lions would be the best team in the nfl.