Is it true Blank apologized

cszymanski82

I heard from a coworker that Blank issued a statement apologizing for telling Vick to stay off the junk food while in jail if he wanted to play again. If that's true that is absolutely ridiculous. Are black groups/orginizations so sensitive that we can't reference someone eating fried food without them getting offended? The only reason they're getting offended is because it's the truth.

He didnt apologize for his comments, the only thing that was out there was a Falcons official stating that Blank did not intend anything rascist in his comment. They didnt even apologize for any misunderstanding, which they shouldnt have.

Some people need to get the sand out of their vaginas.

Twinblade (12/12/2007)
BruceReville (12/12/2007)
cracker_barrel.jpg

I think Cracker Barrel is a racist resturant

Cracker Barrel was invented by a white man, so how is that racist? Also Crackers did came from barrels back in the old times so yet how is that racist?

What II Said

He was being facetious, because the word "cracker" is in there.

:P

unfortunately people before you made comments like that racial.......i remember in North Carolina when I was in the 6th grade a kid drew a picture of a person and they made it with big lips, nappy hair, and dark black elbows and knees. On the picture it certain parts were labeled. They also drew pictures of watermelon and fried chicken. You have to be careful what you say in order to not insult others. If you dont care that your words hurt others than thats your perogative. When thinking fast food people usually think hamburgers and fries.......he chose to say fried chicken and french fries.

cszymanski82 (12/12/2007)
I heard from a coworker that Blank issued a statement apologizing for telling Vick to stay off the junk food while in jail if he wanted to play again. If that's true that is absolutely ridiculous. Are black groups/orginizations so sensitive that we can't reference someone eating fried food without them getting offended? The only reason they're getting offended is because it's the truth.

Leave blank alone. I am black and i know that what he said is being taken out of context. He didnt mean it like that people get over it. Stop being simple minded and look at the real problems. No vick no coach. hopefully the 2nd pick of the NFL draft.

DUB (12/12/2007)
unfortunately people before you made comments like that racial.......i remember in North Carolina when I was in the 6th grade a kid drew a picture of a person and they made it with big lips, nappy hair, and dark black elbows and knees. On the picture it certain parts were labeled. They also drew pictures of watermelon and fried chicken. You have to be careful what you say in order to not insult others. If you dont care that your words hurt others than thats your perogative. When thinking fast food people usually think hamburgers and fries.......he chose to say fried chicken and french fries.

It seems that kid went out of his way to use racial stereotypes in a manner that most would agree is not proper.

All Blank did was mention fried chicken as an example of a typical fatty food served in prison that Vick should avoid.

Have we gotten so crazy as a society that "fried chicken" is no longer a proper phrase?

Twinblade (12/12/2007)
cracker_barrel.jpg

I think Cracker Barrel is a racist resturant

Cracker Barrel was invented by a white man, so how is that racist? Also Crackers did came from barrels back in the old times so yet how is that racist?

What II Said

He was being facetious, because the word "cracker" is in there.

:P

Cracker Barrel food does taste like crap though imo.

ESPN just announced that they are going to host an outside the lines special at the Georgia World Congress Center next week. The topic is how the culture in sports has evolved to the point that many people choose to talk only about food's nutritional value without any concern for the fragile feelings of numerous groups with agendas. :)

gritzblitz56 (12/12/2007)

Have we gotten so crazy as a society that "fried chicken" is no longer a proper phrase?

yes we have. Listen to black comedians. They usually use what has been used against us for years as their platform for comedy. Fried chicken jokes are a no no. Blank didnt use it as a joke but I assume had he said watermelon instead of fried chicken people would be saying "everyone loves watermelon". It's a fact that people would use fried chicken and watermelon as a way to make fun of black people hence the reason why now people could possibly be upset. I'm not upset but when he said I did say "oh **** nah".

help me (12/12/2007)
ESPN just announced that they are going to host an outside the lines special at the Georgia World Congress Center next week. The topic is how the culture in sports has evolved to the point that many people choose to talk only about food's nutritional value without any concern for the fragile feelings of numerous groups with agendas. :)

Well done, sir.