Petrino wrote farewell letter to team

vagus_x

Ex-Falcons coach expressed regret, cited family

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/12/07

Flowery Branch Former Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino, who abruptly resigned Tuesday, wrote a four-sentence letter that was given to the players at the team's headquarters Wednesday.

The letter read:

"Atlanta Falcons players;

Out of my respect for you, I am letting you know, with a heavy heart, I resigned today as the Head Coach of the Atlanta Falcons. This decision was not easy but was made in the best interest of me and my family. While my desire would have been to finish out what has been a difficult season for us all, circumstances did not allow me to do so. I appreciate your hard work and wish the best.

Sincerely,

Bobby Petrino"

The letter was hand signed.

Petrino notified president and general manager Rich McKay in person Tuesday that he was leaving. He then called owner Arthur Blank to inform his decision. Petrino did not speak to players about his decision as Tuesday as an off day for the team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

vagus_x (12/12/2007)

Ex-Falcons coach expressed regret, cited family

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/12/07

Flowery Branch Former Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino, who abruptly resigned Tuesday, wrote a four-sentence letter that was given to the players at the team's headquarters Wednesday.

The letter read:

"Atlanta Falcons players;

Out of my respect for you, I am letting you know, with a heavy heart, I resigned today as the Head Coach of the Atlanta Falcons. This decision was not easy but was made in the best interest of me and my family. While my desire would have been to finish out what has been a difficult season for us all, circumstances did not allow me to do so. I appreciate your hard work and wish the best.

Sincerely,

Bobby Petrino"

The letter was hand signed.

Petrino notified president and general manager Rich McKay in person Tuesday that he was leaving. He then called owner Arthur Blank to inform his decision. Petrino did not speak to players about his decision as Tuesday as an off day for the team.

PETRINO IS A CLASSY GUY!!:)

Atlsport (12/12/2007)
ignorant_icarus (12/12/2007)
"Out of respect to you, I'm writing you a letter instead of telling you to your face"

Players were off on Monday, of course it wouldn't be face to face.

They were off? Errrr....they were playing a game. I mean I guess they were off mentally...

atripes (12/12/2007)
Atlsport (12/12/2007)
"Out of respect to you, I'm writing you a letter instead of telling you to your face"

Yea...um...except yesterday was Tuesday....

**** they played on Monday...could have sworn the Falcons were off on Monday night. :hehe:

Because his departure just couldn't wait huh? Don't make an excuse for him not giving a $#!+.

If you think I'm making excuses for him, then that's I'll do.

Petrino is an absolute loser period. When you quit like that, it doesn't really matter whether he addresses the team or not, it wouldn't have helped him save face one bit IMO.

Atlsport (12/12/2007)

Because his departure just couldn't wait huh? Don't make an excuse for him not giving a $#!+.

If you think I'm making excuses for him, then that's I'll do.

Petrino is an absolute loser period. When you quit like that, it doesn't really matter whether he addresses the team or not, it wouldn't have helped him save face one bit IMO.

TOTALLY agree!