Anyone think that D HALL still wants out?

Atlsport

I would be surprised, esp after his comments.

From ajc.

Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall has never been one to bite his tongue, and he had plenty to say late Tuesday following former coach Bobby Petrino's introduction at the University of Arkansas.

After witnessing Petrino's news conference on television, Hall said he grew angrier and his already frosty feelings toward Petrino grew colder.

"He had ulterior motives," Hall said in an interview on ESPN's

SportsCenter. "He came to this great franchise for a stepping stool to where he wanted to be and that's a better college job."

"He came here, lied to a great man in Arthur Blank. He lied to Rich McKay .... it's Coach Petrino's loss."

Hall added, "If I saw him in the street I wouldn't have anything to say to him. I don't have any respect for him. He turned his back on the organization."

I actually think he wants to stay as of today. He has a chance to be a hero, and capture the fanbase.

To be honest, if I was Blank I would be approaching Hall TODAY about a contract extension. Tell him you really appreciate his support and want to extend him for 8 years to show your commitment to him.

If he was ever going to sign a long term extension, it would be right now.

docfalcon (12/12/2007)
I definitely think that Hall wants to stay now. The problem was with Petrino from what I can see. Now that that is no longer an issue I believe he will be here long term.
I hope so. I think he and Houston will turn out to be quite a formidable pair of corners once Chris steps up his zone game.

1989fan (12/12/2007)
I actually think he wants to stay as of today. He has a chance to be a hero, and capture the fanbase.

To be honest, if I was Blank I would be approaching Hall TODAY about a contract extension. Tell him you really appreciate his support and want to extend him for 8 years to show your commitment to him.

Talk about falling for his master plan!

This is a tactic young men use to woo chicks who've recently been dumped into bed.

"Oh yes...I'm not like those other guys. I'll give you love, I'm your soul mate. The bedroom's that way".

Someone posted yesterday about De Angelo saying that he would play for NO 'for the minimum'. A couple of weeks ago, after Chris Houston played so well, he said he would stay in ATL 'for the minimum', just to line up opposite Houston. I think Hall would like to remain in ATL, I think he likes Blank and he could become the 'face of the franchise'. But in all honesty, I think De Angelo Hall will play for whoever pays him the most money. No way he will play anywhere for the minimum. That's not meant as a criticism, but in order to keep him here, Mr. B's gonna have to get up off his wallet.

I think Hall mostly wants 2 things:

1. $

2. To win.

That's it. I don't think he gives a rats a** on where that happens. Although he seemed sincere in the phone interviews on his reaction to Petrino's leaving, I'm just not sure I trust anything he says to the media anymore.

Edit: Btw, I am NOT basing #2 on his performance on Monday. Not sure why he lays down every once in a while, but I think he just gets frustrated too easy. Don't think that would happen as much if he was playing w/a winner.

I think if we could just sign a proven HC (Marty Shotz, Cowher, etc...) Hall will deff stay here.....I think he didnt have respect for the way Petrino decided to run the team (and we all saw this w/ other players)

If Jim Mora was still here i bet this convo wouldnt even be happening......

I hope he stays cause they he's amongst the best players Altanta has, losing him would bring this team down further, and not just him because there are others on the team we want to definitely keep.

But to your point, if he stays its more likely that he would with Petrino gone. One variable, I do not know how ge feeks about the $100K fine now.

TheDirtyWordII (12/12/2007)
1989fan (12/12/2007)

Talk about falling for his master plan!

This is a tactic young men use to woo chicks who've recently been dumped into bed.

"Oh yes...I'm not like those other guys. I'll give you love, I'm your soul mate. The bedroom's that way".

So basically he's screwed regardless of what he says?

If he says something negative, people complain about him not being enough of a "team player," or being "selfish"

If he says something positive, people complain that he's not being truthful and bash him for being "manipulative" and "self-serving"