I don't blame Bobby P.

I can understand Petrino's decision to go back to college, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be blamed for the team being a mess. I wouldn't mind if the team was bad but at least showing improvement, but the team is bad and nobody seems to be on the same page so I'm gonna throw some blame at the coaches.

Patch (12/12/2007)
I can understand Petrino's decision to go back to college, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be blamed for the team being a mess. I wouldn't mind if the team was bad but at least showing improvement, but the team is bad and nobody seems to be on the same page so I'm gonna throw some blame at the coaches.

Throw a LOT of the blame at the coaches. But NOT Petrino's crew.

He inherited that locker room mess from Mora ....

BobDigital v2.31 beta (12/12/2007)
This guy was clearly unhappy with this team so I don't understand why you guys are giving him such a hard time. Go lord his QB just got sentence to 2 years in prison. I put this on MV7 and MV7 only. Had he (MV7) lived up to his end of the deal we would not be loosing this offensive mastermind.

Offensive mastermind???? And will everybody PLEASE stop whining about MV7? It's starting to sound really pathetic now. Petrino had free reign to remake this team in his own image during the off-season and he chose not to. He had everyone's belssing to "clean house" if need be and bring in his guys, including his quarterback, Brohm. Now why wouldn't he be up for something like that? Here's a theory: Maybe he wasn't the offensive genius he was made out to be. He obviously didn't have the stomach to coach men. This is the NFL, not college. He couldn't handle being a head coach in the NFL so he bolted for greener pastures in his natural habitat. So let's get this straight. It's not the players, it's not the former quarterback, it's not Blank or even Mckay. Bobby Petrino left for one reason, and one reason only: BOBBY "I quit on my team 13 games into a 16 game season" PETRINO;)

That's just rich. You are gonna exonerrate BP because of Vick? Why stop there, maybe Vick also causes global warming? Vick is gone, let it go. BP is quitter! Nothing more and nothing less.

And you have issues! Nothing more and nothing less. You have a couch waiting for you out there.

hawkman (12/12/2007)
This guy was clearly unhappy with this team so I don't understand why you guys are giving him such a hard time. Go lord his QB just got sentence to 2 years in prison. I put this on MV7 and MV7 only. Had he (MV7) lived up to his end of the deal we would not be loosing this offensive mastermind.

Offensive mastermind???? And will everybody PLEASE stop whining about MV7? It's starting to sound really pathetic now. Petrino had free reign to remake this team in his own image during the off-season and he chose not to. He had everyone's belssing to "clean house" if need be and bring in his guys, including his quarterback, Brohm. Now why wouldn't he be up for something like that? Here's a theory: Maybe he wasn't the offensive genius he was made out to be. He obviously didn't have the stomach to coach men. This is the NFL, not college. He couldn't handle being a head coach in the NFL so he bolted for greener pastures in his natural habitat. So let's get this straight. It's not the players, it's not the former quarterback, it's not Blank or even Mckay. Bobby Petrino left for one reason, and one reason only: BOBBY "I quit on my team 13 games into a 16 game season" PETRINO;)

I never thought of it that way. Blank stated from day 1 that Petrino was not married to any 1 QB. I'm just at a lost now. Why leave so soon? And how could any parent in that area trust his/her kid with this man.

He was in over his head. He had no idea how to coach  grown men. If he was a mastermind, then I am Einstein.

rev_hal (12/12/2007)

He was in over his head. He had no idea how to coach grown men. If he was a mastermind, then I am

After hearing D Halls comments I have to agree with you. It's starting to come out that he's been floating him name for a while now.

greyhawk (12/12/2007)
I don't blame him for leaving, but I do loathe him for leaving before the season ended. He quit on us.
Amen.

I got so pissed when I saw him standing there in front of the razorback logo doing that stupid pig thing. This man is supposed to be coaching us, not standing there cheesing in front of the cameras.

It is fitting though... Petrino is now a pig.