Coach Suggestion

JZ

Sylvester Croom. Most will laugh at me, but he is a man of integrity, passion, and he has developed MSU into a decent team. He has plenty of NFL experience, unlike Booby Petrina did, and I really think he would be a great option.

No way on Garrett. Cowher MIGHT consider joining this 2-bit operation, but Garrett is being groomed for the HC job in Dallas, (heck you could argue he's already the HC). All I've ever seen Phillips do is that excited little fist-pump action when he's winning and can't figure out why.

Edited for reasons unknown to you.

JZ (12/12/2007)
Sylvester Croom. Most will laugh at me, but he is a man of integrity, passion, and he has developed MSU into a decent team. He has plenty of NFL experience, unlike Booby Petrina did, and I really think he would be a great option.

I think you are right on with this. First of all Atlanta needs an African-American coach, and Sylvester Croom would be a perfect option. He wouldn't put up with any Bull S*** from the players/media and by him coming would probably boost attendance at the dome. He is also a stand-up, straightforward person which is the most important thing. Petrino can't ever make up his mind and only thinks about his paycheck.

It's time to give Mike Singletary a shot. He possesses the kind of football mentality (especially defensively) that this team needs and he's the only person I can think of who could also put butts in the Dome seats next season.

Singletary was my guy from the beginning, so this isn't anything new for me, and I'm not touting the guy because he's black. (You guys should know me better than that.) I'm touting him because the Falcons need a no-nonsense, tough-minded head coach who will demand 100% from every player - and who won't quit when things look bad - a la that coward Bobby Petrino.