Does anyone care less about politics and global warming than I do?

Headshot

I feel as though I'm the only one who really doesn't care about any of that crap, does that make me stupid? Or apathetic? Or both?

I don't pay attention to politics that much because I don't want to be associated with voting for whoever was put in the White House. I guess it would make me feel like I was an enabler for criminals. That and getting up early in the morning to go vote isn't my idea of a good time. Seeing as how I would never take any time off work to go vote, I sure as **** am not waking up earlier than I need to, and I sure as **** am not going to waste my time arguing whether Democrats or Republicans are the better choice, especially when I know the other person is not going to change his/her beliefs.

In my opinion, people waste entirely too much time with politics. Life is too short to concern it with the criminal activities of old men. Maybe I'm 'too young to understand', who knows...

And this Global Warming phenomenon that has captured everyone's imaginations is mind numbingly ridiculous. Serious effects of Global Warming (If it's really happening) won't happen for atleast another couple hundred years, at which time I will be dead...and won't care. I guess I'm cold and shellfish.

So in closing, am I stupid for feeling this way? Because people seem to really care about this stuff alot, and I'm not knocking anyone who does, if politics and global warming interests you that's awesome...it's just not my cup of tea, and I'm wanting to know if applying the phrase 'not my cup of tea' is too apathetic of a statement for issues that so many people consider serious.

Headshot (12/12/2007)
I feel as though I'm the only one who really doesn't care about any of that crap, does that make me stupid? Or apathetic? Or both?

I don't pay attention to politics that much because I don't want to be associated with voting for whoever was put in the White House. I guess it would make me feel like I was an enabler for criminals. That and getting up early in the morning to go vote isn't my idea of a good time. Seeing as how I would never take any time off work to go vote, I sure as **** am not waking up earlier than I need to, and I sure as **** am not going to waste my time arguing whether Democrats or Republicans are the better choice, especially when I know the other person is not going to change his/her beliefs.

In my opinion, people waste entirely too much time with politics. Life is too short to concern it with the criminal activities of old men. Maybe I'm 'too young to understand', who knows...

And this Global Warming phenomenon that has captured everyone's imaginations is mind numbingly ridiculous. Serious effects of Global Warming (If it's really happening) won't happen for atleast another couple hundred years, at which time I will be dead...and won't care. I guess I'm cold and shellfish.

So in closing, am I stupid for feeling this way? Because people seem to really care about this stuff alot, and I'm not knocking anyone who does, if politics and global warming interests you that's awesome...it's just not my cup of tea, and I'm wanting to know if applying the phrase 'not my cup of tea' is too apathetic of a statement for issues that so many people consider serious.

I just get involved for the giggles and for people thinking pollution is a political issue.

It's like " a lot of scientists says we should pollute less and protect the earth more..I'll show them! I'll ride down the road tossing oily rags from the window of my hummer! How could pollution be bad?"

And the ownage of message board souls Al Gore gets away with here.:laugh:

If you care about your basic freedoms then you SHOULD care. Our Constitution and basic way of life is under attack.

Our solar system is heating up; however, this climate change isn't man made. Global warming is a scheme to impose a worldwide tax.

snake (12/12/2007)
Pencil, please show me 1 person on this board who thinks pollution is OK and not a needed fix and change. Just show me 1. Otherwise your just hacking away, per usual, and parroting a bunch of nonsense. 1 things for sure, when you go out of your way to deamonize someone or something without cause, you end up looking silly.

Hit.....Holler.:laugh:

Headshot (12/12/2007)

Maybe I'm 'too young to understand', who knows...

I used to feel this way until George Bush became president. Also 9/11 made me start paying attention to world events. But I totally understand what you mean.

I wonder since you brought it up, how old are you?

TerminusTiercel (12/12/2007)
Headshot (12/12/2007)

Maybe I'm 'too young to understand', who knows...

I used to feel this way until George Bush became president. Also 9/11 made me start paying attention to world events. But I totally understand what you mean.

I wonder since you brought it up, how old are you?

I'll be 22 in January