stout (12/11/2007)
Hall is so full of it. He has no respect for Petrino, ha. I'm am sure the feeling is mutual, MeAngelo.

His comments just reinforces to me the reason Petrino washed his hands with these players. Self centered, would rather be ProBowl than SuperBowl egotistically players...

Got only one thing to say to you.

GTFO

It's great to see this from Hall this time... Petrino had (almost) everyone convinced that he was in this for the long haul... that he wanted to turn this franchise around. While he wasn't as bad about it as Nick Saban was, this is still a slap in the face to the whole organization.

His reasons for not wanting to be here are abundant and understandable... but you just don't tell your GM, the owner, your players, and the fans that your work has just begun and then less than a week later oink up a storm on national television telling everyone it was hard to leave Atlanta just a day after a humiliating loss.

I have ALWAYS liked Hall for his personality and how he carries himself. I don't always like the timing of it, but he is always on point. He is a player that this franchise NEEDS, as much for his God-given abilities as for his emotion and leadership.

Carter (12/12/2007)
It's great to see this from Hall this time... Petrino had (almost) everyone convinced that he was in this for the long haul... that he wanted to turn this franchise around. While he wasn't as bad about it as Nick Saban was, this is still a slap in the face to the whole organization.

His reasons for not wanting to be here are abundant and understandable... but you just don't tell your GM, the owner, your players, and the fans that your work has just begun and then less than a week later oink up a storm on national television telling everyone it was hard to leave Atlanta just a day after a humiliating loss.

I have ALWAYS liked Hall for his personality and how he carries himself. I don't always like the timing of it, but he is always on point. He is a player that this franchise NEEDS, as much for his God-given abilities as for his emotion and leadership.

how is this not worse then Saban???

Saban at least finished out the season.

Dirty Bird Razorback (12/12/2007)

Wow, talk about leaving a bad taste, this friggin' sucks seeing almost all of the ATL fan base being ******** about this. First off, most of ya'll hated the fact that we hired Petrino in the first place, which is fine, but now everyone is gonna go off hating my college team? That's fine I guess.

In my case, I was not laughing because it was Arkansas or any other school in particular, I was laughing because I thought what he said was funny. It was a cheap shot, but a well deserved one. I'm a UGA fan, but if Petrino went to UGA and the same thing was said, I would have laughed at it then too.

Ya give the guy the benefit of the doubt...but its obvious now he lives life for himself and none other. I can understand that one's mind changes, and that you want to move on to another aspect of life....but the NFL is a great oppurtunity that he will never be given again...just like Saban.

Every single person on this board that attacked Hall for sticking up for the brain dead decision to cut Grady Jackson or for defending himself in the Smith situation should apologize to Hall. Every single one that did it. That man and those players knew EXACTLY what kind of SNAKE Pestinko was and they simply told the truth. I hope we keep Hall and hire a REAL NFL head coach this time.

thanks for the flames everyone. I appreciate the love. This is my team & if I prefer to look a little more objectively at things, so be it.

Yes, it sucks BP left. But I won't praise MeAngelo for his comments though. I truly think its just another example of team gone wild. He's been running his mouth all year. I see this more as a negative than a positive. Sure, Dhall is saying what we all are thinking & is purely an emotional response. And I'm sure candidates for the job see this.

rev_hal (12/12/2007)
I've been tough on D-Hall this year, but I think he articulated his anger in a way that was professional and positive.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I don't see anything wrong with D Hall's statements. I was worried when I read this thread title I was assuming worse.

It's not that we hate the Razorbacks, but we now hate your coach. I am glad he left the Falcons, but I am not happy about the way he did it. I think if he would have handled it better then there would be less mad Falcons fans. Don't take it personal, but I hope Petrino loses every game.:D