worst 24 hours ever

Kyle Tanner

In the Past 24 hours The Falcons have had possibly the worst 24hours of all time in sports history (besides tragic events such as Marshall and The Ray Curuth thing in Carolina).

In 24 hours we have seen the Face of our franchise, hero to thousands, and perennial hall of famer Mike Vick go to prison. Not just go to Prison but he is sentenced to a term of 23 Months, a term that will in all likely hood take away any shot he has of returning to the NFL. He was wrong and I am very angry with him. He knowingly broke the law and deserves to receive punishment. However, Leonard Little Still plays in the NFL. Google him if your not sure what I am talking about. That s all I am going to say on that.

IN the Past 24 hours we saw a Falcons team that just seemed in disarray take the field against an inspired Saints team. The result was a terrible performance and showed how bad we actually are.

Finally I now address the COWARD. The Coward will not be named and I will never say his name. 1st I will address the statement "well he thought he was going to get Mike Vick." THIS IS THE NFL AND YOU ARE A GROWN MAN YOU DONT SIGN ON TO COACH ONE PERSON...IF YOU WANT THAT COACH TENNIS OR BOXING. When you coach in the NFL you have to realize that these are men who put their lively hood on the line to win. Yes they get paid large sums to play but they do lay it all out there. So when you have grown men that are team leaders (Crump, Brooking, Milloy, D Hall) you MUST HAVE OPEN COMMUNICATION. The Coward simply disregarded these Leaders and alienated everyone in the locker-room. The Coward is suppose to be a man who knows how to lead players, coach them up, and encourage them to never quite. Well I hope the boys in the Pig state remember this: "when the Chips are down look to the man beside you not the man who turns his back on you in the front."

Thank you for reading this if you did replies are welcome.

Kyle,

It is a real shame to see this happen. Atlanta was starting to become a football city and this year brought a lot of promise. Blank is a smart guy and hopefully, they will take their time this time! Maybe we should get a bunch of people together, pool funds, kinda of like they recently did in Europe to buy a soccer team, and then we can buy the Falcons and make all the decisions.

• 1 year later...

We lost by 20 points. I remember at that point I was actually looking past the last few games to the offseason. I just wanted it to be over.

Sort of makes you wonder how people could still be negative.

I also did a little digging to help capture the moment.

In another thread Gritz was being a bit prophetic:

Man, I'm even afraid to say that we've bottomed out. It's hard to imagine anything else bad coming our way....

Maybe this whole year is just like a giant enema or something....Flush everything bad out and start anew....uhmm and I apologize in advance for that unfortunate analogy...

Had to laugh at:

Holy crap Vick killed this coach without ever even playing for him ROFL

Who could blame NCF? Considering what we had just been through:

We won't be in the same zip code as "great" for at least 3-5 seasons. This team has way too many holes and is pretty much a mess.

Some people had no faith:

for 15 years ive been pulling for this team. from the ups and down and round and rounds. i know most of you are gonna say"good riddance" but ive had all i could take

I blame mckay and vick for this terrible downfall of this franchise. its a joke. id rather be a dolphins fan than pull for this crap anymore. I hope petrino and vick end up in the same place in **** and burn for eternity. worthless piece of ****

Oh okay.. I agree 2007 was a rough year to be a Falcon fan.

Especially that day. The whole season was tough. I refuse to remember how many quarters we went without a TD. I have decided to block that out. But that day was the icing on the cake.

It is the offseason. I actually didn't think it was that funny. Those 24 hours still seem pretty fresh in my mind. The coach killer thing was funny but the rest of was heartache.

It was pretty sad, but sometimes when things happen and you realize that it worked out for the good, then you can laugh about it. Especially this situation. I am glad that we went through that in 2007, I wish we didnt have too, but after living through it and seeing the outcome, I personally am glad that it happened and have moved on. :D

It was pretty sad, but sometimes when things happen and you realize that it worked out for the good, then you can laugh about it. Especially this situation. I am glad that we went through that in 2007, I wish we didnt have too, but after living through it and seeing the outcome, I personally am glad that it happened and have moved on. :D

It didn't have to be that bad for use to realize it was time for a change. Other franchises realize it without ever getting that low. No. What we suffered through was cruel and unusual. Don't get me wrong. I think everyone was glad (other than Gazoo who defended him) to see Pigtrino go but a midnight race to the border? Man that was uncalled for. He treated us as if we were diseased.

It didn't have to be that bad for use to realize it was time for a change. Other franchises realize it without ever getting that low. No. What we suffered through was cruel and unusual. Don't get me wrong. I think everyone was glad (other than Gazoo who defended him) to see Pigtrino go but a midnight race to the border? Man that was uncalled for. He treated us as if we were diseased.

The man realized that he was in over his head. I think that he was wrong for leaving before the season ended, right in the midst of a battle. I think that it is far worse when a man walks out of his family because he cant take it. I was disappointed, more upset over Vicks actions than Petrino. I dont know personally Petrino as a man so i make any judgements, but as a NFL coach he is the worst ever. I didnt want it to get that low either, but we got a few things out of it, that we didnt have before.

1. Good to Great Gm

2. Good to Great Coach and coaching staff

3. A owner who realized that he needs to leave the operation of running a football team to those who actually know about Football

4. That process of building a football dynasty.

The man realized that he was in over his head. I think that he was wrong for leaving before the season ended, right in the midst of a battle. I think that it is far worse when a man walks out of his family because he cant take it. I was disappointed, more upset over Vicks actions than Petrino. I dont know personally Petrino as a man so i make any judgements, but as a NFL coach he is the worst ever. I didnt want it to get that low either, but we got a few things out of it, that we didnt have before.

1. Good to Great Gm

2. Good to Great Coach and coaching staff

3. A owner who realized that he needs to leave the operation of running a football team to those who actually know about Football

4. That process of building a football dynasty.

I appreciate the fact he realized he was in over his head but it was the way he left. Wasn't it revealed that hours earlier he promised AB he would be here another year (which thankfully didn't happen)? He lied to everyone then it was like he picked up the phone received an offer and fled the city as if it were on fire again. The next thing you know he is making hog noises like a total tool. It was a slap in the face we did not deserve.

In the Past 24 hours The Falcons have had possibly the worst 24hours of all time in sports history (besides tragic events such as Marshall and The Ray Curuth thing in Carolina).

In 24 hours we have seen the Face of our franchise, hero to thousands, and perennial hall of famer Mike Vick go to prison. Not just go to Prison but he is sentenced to a term of 23 Months, a term that will in all likely hood take away any shot he has of returning to the NFL. He was wrong and I am very angry with him. He knowingly broke the law and deserves to receive punishment. However, Leonard Little Still plays in the NFL. Google him if your not sure what I am talking about. That s all I am going to say on that.

IN the Past 24 hours we saw a Falcons team that just seemed in disarray take the field against an inspired Saints team. The result was a terrible performance and showed how bad we actually are.

Finally I now address the COWARD. The Coward will not be named and I will never say his name. 1st I will address the statement "well he thought he was going to get Mike Vick." THIS IS THE NFL AND YOU ARE A GROWN MAN YOU DONT SIGN ON TO COACH ONE PERSON...IF YOU WANT THAT COACH TENNIS OR BOXING. When you coach in the NFL you have to realize that these are men who put their lively hood on the line to win. Yes they get paid large sums to play but they do lay it all out there. So when you have grown men that are team leaders (Crump, Brooking, Milloy, D Hall) you MUST HAVE OPEN COMMUNICATION. The Coward simply disregarded these Leaders and alienated everyone in the locker-room. The Coward is suppose to be a man who knows how to lead players, coach them up, and encourage them to never quite. Well I hope the boys in the Pig state remember this: "when the Chips are down look to the man beside you not the man who turns his back on you in the front."

Thank you for reading this if you did replies are welcome.

The worst part about this is you are bringing up old news. Everyone knows what happened, why do we all need to re-live the past? Everyone has moved on, I suggest the same for you!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part about this is you are bringing up old news. Everyone knows what happened, why do we all need to re-live the past? Everyone has moved on, I suggest the same for you!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you never studied history in school because you had moved on. :rolleyes: Sure it is ugly but all the negative people here now should have some perspective.