Saints mauling sends Petrino packing

Sniper Wolf

I'm honestly grateful to the saints....Bob knew about the x's and o's, but he doesn't have any leadership skill, integrity, or intestinal fortitude....Nice try Bob, but you get worked hard without lube by real nfl coaches....time to head back to the kiddie ranks.

Honestly the nausea outweighs the anger right now. 10 sec meeting to tell the coordinators they are on they're own for the next three games (including his brother the WR coach). Buys a burgundy tie and has a presser for Arkansas. SPINE....WHERE IS YOUR SPINE?... As a father I hope he doesn't have any sons to teach how to be a man.

See, this is the difference between here and the mooks upstairs.

At least YOU recognize that ditching a scumbag quitter before he could really damage your franchise is a good thing. Those toolbags in Talk About The Falcons & Fried Chicken acted like I just buttseckesed their mothers.

Don't let his leaving sting, dude was a loser before he showed up, he was a loser while he was there, and now he's Arkansas loser. Hate the clown all you want, after all, $aban heard the news and thought Petrino was wrong, but keep in mind, this is probably the best thing that could have happened for your team.

Corsair (12/12/2007)
Honestly, I think it was the fear of Buc domination, round 2 that sent Petrino packing.

4 years ago, McKay jumped ship the week of the Buccaneers game.

This year, his HC follows suit.

McKay is fired before '08.

Notice how there was no mention of the Gruden hire, lol

This is so funny to watch McKay on the hot seat, reaching for his water bottle

Alot of buc fans are still in denial about the damge he did in Tampa, and Falcon fans are coming along slowly but surely

All about power with Richie, you know Coaches Coach, Scouts Scout, lol

ravend (12/12/2007)
piratedownsth (12/11/2007)
What a scumbag, presser before the Falcons can get theirs done, wtf.
He had to call the hogs!!

Stupid ##### looks like a hog.

Yea, it looked like some kind of cult thing, honoring a pig...how **** stupid looking our fellow Americans can be at times.

I critisized Deangelo Hall before, only because his tackling at times leaves a bit to be desired, but that pig suuuiiii comment he made, made me laugh, and just have to appreciate a young player like that stepping up to speak about this. Good on you DH.

To me, a good GM is a cap manager who hires the right people to take care of the football side of things or a good personal guy who puts competent people in charge of the cap.

It's too complicated to divide your time between the two, much less try to dominate both.

The first real opinion I had on Rich McKay was when I learned how much money he was shelling out to Joe freaking Horn. Not a great personal choice, Horn is older and pretty beat up, and most assuredly a horrible cap decision.

Do yourselves a favor and run him out while you still have a chance.

piratedownsth (12/12/2007)
ravend (12/12/2007)
piratedownsth (12/11/2007)
What a scumbag, presser before the Falcons can get theirs done, wtf.
He had to call the hogs!!

Stupid ##### looks like a hog.

Yea, it looked like some kind of cult thing, honoring a pig...how **** stupid looking our fellow Americans can be at times.

I critisized Deangelo Hall before, only because his tackling at times leaves a bit to be desired, but that pig suuuiiii comment he made, made me laugh, and just have to appreciate a young player like that stepping up to speak about this. Good on you DH.

Sports are replete with examples of odd group behavior. British soccer fans add a soundtrack to nearly every game - dozens of songs that spontaneously erupt and are sung by the entire stadium. Look at our own division - the Bucs fire a cannon after scoring, the Falcons flap their arms rhythmically in imitation of their avian mascot, 70,000 Saints' fans chant Who Dat! with one voice and the Panthers fans all honor their ancestors by turning to the left and giving their sisters a deep soulful kiss in unison. Chanting "soweee!!!" (however that's spelled) is not so unusual in the grand scheme of things - remember some hockey fanbase that threw octopuses onto the ice after every goal?

As far as DeAngelo goes...while criticizing Petrino may build him up in the eyes of his teammates, it looks really bad to coaches that may be interviewed for the vacancy. No matter what Hall's true character may be, he is widely regarded as a talented loud mouth prima donna who can add "angrily questions authority" to his resume after this season. I am not sure that mocking Petrino was in the long term interest of either DeAngelo Hall or the Falcons organization.

Sniper Wolf (12/12/2007)
See, this is the difference between here and the mooks upstairs.

At least YOU recognize that ditching a scumbag quitter before he could really damage your franchise is a good thing. Those toolbags in Talk About The Falcons & Fried Chicken acted like I just buttseckesed their mothers.

Don't let his leaving sting, dude was a loser before he showed up, he was a loser while he was there, and now he's Arkansas loser. Hate the clown all you want, after all, $aban heard the news and thought Petrino was wrong, but keep in mind, this is probably the best thing that could have happened for your team.

Very true, we'll have to do a better job of finding a real HC this time around, at least this will teach McKay (or Blank if McKay is next) to find someone with experience and a sack.

615saint (12/12/2007)
As far as DeAngelo goes...while criticizing Petrino may build him up in the eyes of his teammates, it looks really bad to coaches that may be interviewed for the vacancy. No matter what Hall's true character may be, he is widely regarded as a talented loud mouth prima donna who can add "angrily questions authority" to his resume after this season. I am not sure that mocking Petrino was in the long term interest of either DeAngelo Hall or the Falcons organization.

Personally, I think this is a special case. There isn't one potential coach in the NFL that would see Petrino as anything but a quitter at this point. So, I don't think anyone is going to hold Hall or any player on the team as being wrong to vent in this case.

Honestly, if it would have been me, I would be saying far worse.