Mike Singletary is GOING TO BE OUR HEAD COACH

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ki45toryu (12/15/2007)
So basically our chances of running a 4-3 are screwed right?

Singletary and Cowher are both 3-4 guys.

They are running the 3-4 in SF because that's what Mike Nolan ran in Baltimore. Singletary played his whole career in the 4-3 and that scheme fits our personnel best. Cowher probably would run the 3-4 since he won a SB with it with Pittsburgh.
loozianafalcon (12/15/2007)
Singletary assets:

1. Former impact NFL player Is he going to play middle linebacker?

2. Integrity (won't give up the ship in the middle of a storm) True

3. Discipline True

4. Motivator True

5. Character True

6. Communicator True

7. Knows the game! THE NFL GAME!!

Can he game plan? Never been an OC or DC. His title is Assistant Head Coach, is that like a secretary job?

you can't hire another teams OC to be our OC if he is under contract no matter how much you are willing to pay. remember bill koller? or bill holler as some may know him by. the rams had to hire him with a title higher than DL coach to get him. our new OC will more likely be an OC who is being kicked to the curb(greg knapp) or a QB coach, WR or TE coach, etc. in fact, the QB coach from cleveland might garner attention.en

the OC in cleveland may be a good HC candidate, but i want singletary. as a head coach i just think he has the fortitude for the position and the right mind set for the job. he will desperately need to exhibit the ability to delegate, and find two coordinators in whom he can entrust the play calling to.

swiftkick (12/11/2007)
Watch
I dont think that is going to happen. But people on the boards seem to like him. But normally we never get a HC we expect. Who thought we were going to sign Mora? No One! EVEN the AJC said it was a surprise. Who thought we were going to sign Petrino NO ONE! They are going to hire some bum as normal.
  • 10 months later...

Singletary looks like another Mora Clown. Antics like that wear off real quick. It might motivate a team to start 6-2, then you finish the 2nd half 2-6. Seen it too many times.

And dropping his pants at halftime in front of his team didn't work. They ended up losing by more points than they were down by at half-time.

That coaching style has never worked in the NFL.

Singletary looks like another Mora Clown. Antics like that wear off real quick. It might motivate a team to start 6-2, then you finish the 2nd half 2-6. Seen it too many times.

And dropping his pants at halftime in front of his team didn't work. They ended up losing by more points than they were down by at half-time.

That coaching style has never worked in the NFL.

Hate to say it I agree with you. :( him screaming out the team is a 1 shot thing if he does it again hes a nut, but then it comes out he drops trow in the middle of the game. hes a legend but right now looking pretty nutty. :P

My only question is if he is such a great motivator, how come his team has struggled all year? He's been with the 49ers for a while, you know. And answering "he's not been the head coach" doesn't work for me because he's been the next in charge for some time now. Saying this would indicate he hasn't been giving it his 'all' since he's been there.

play w/ 10 and be penalized all day? Didnt the Redskins do a play last season w/ only 10 in memory of Taylor and not get a penalty? He really is a nut job

I believe that when he said that he was speaking figuratively. In other words, playing with only 10 men on the field would be penalizing themselves since they have one less man on the field every play.

..Only thing that might keep us in our way is if 49ers fire Nolan and offer him the job next 2 weeks..

Does he stay in SF with terrible ownership a QB that looks to be seriously injured

and guide a brillant MLB in Patrick Willis

or does he come to Atlanta with a great owner build this program into a winner with pieces in place on defense that could put us at the top of the league

i did nail that though

Man - what if AB had the Petrino debacle last year, then followed up by hiring Singletary? Knowing what we know now, all the guys who said BP didn't respect them as men would be slammed again by the mooning, sending V. Davis to the showers, dictator - ??

I hope he does well, but as I heard someone say: old school is one thing, but you've got to stay in touch with the players!!