The Falcons should start drafting/signing more college graduates

halsey

The Falcons have been bringing in too many guys that do dumbazz things like gets busted for felonies, smoke weed, get in fights on the field, get injured in off field "accidents", get busted for steroids, etc. Putting an emphasis on drafting college graduates would cut down on the foolishness and bring more true professionals to this team.

halsey (12/11/2007)
The Falcons have been bringing in too many guys that do dumbazz things like gets busted for felonies, smoke weed, get in fights on the field, get injured in off field "accidents", get busted for steroids, etc. Putting an emphasis on drafting college graduates would cut down on the foolishness and bring more true professionals to this team.
Here it comes Halsey. Put your flame-proof underwear on.....

You know how this is going to be twisted...........:rolleyes:

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
halsey (12/11/2007)

how is it going to get twisted?

halsey (12/11/2007)

Yeah that Falcon Filter really helped us out when we passed on Moss.

Remember how you guys said that "thug" was done?

busboyisback (12/11/2007)
halsey (12/11/2007)

Yeah that Falcon Filter really helped us out when we passed on Moss.

Remember how you guys said that "thug" was done?

Being a college graduate was obviously not a part of the "filter" in the past so your point doesn't really make any sense. Moss is flourishing on the team that puts an emphasis on getting more college graduates.

Boy that backfired on you, didn't it. :laugh:

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
halsey (12/11/2007)

Here is a twist for you, college is not for everyone nor can every one afford to go and stay through college. Furthermore, just because someone completed college doesn't mean they are "smarter" than those who didn't. There are many successful well behave individual who didn't get through college. Roll your eyes at that.

BTW, since Halsey started this thread would you not assume he probably did graduated from college? It wouldn't make sense if he didn't, but then again it wasn't too bright of him to generalize about graduated college = smarter well behave people either. Seriously, most serial killers are extremely smart individual who not only graduated college but also have post college degrees. Ted Bundy graduated from college and was even "smart" enough to become a professor. I guess we would do well to go after "smart" people who graduated from college like him.:sick:

signout (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
halsey (12/11/2007)

Here is a twist for you, college is not for everyone nor can every one afford to go and stay through college. Furthermore, just because someone completed college doesn't mean they are "smarter" than those who didn't. There are many successful well behave individual who didn't get through college. Roll your eyes at that.

BTW, since Halsey started this thread would you not assume he probably did graduated from college? It wouldn't make sense if he didn't, but then again it wasn't too bright of him to generalize about graduated college = smarter well behave people either. Seriously, most serial killers are extremely smart individual who not only graduated college but also have post college degrees. Ted Bundy graduated from college and was even "smart" enough to become a professor. I guess we would do well to go after "smart" people who graduated from college like him.:sick:

George W Bush is a college graduate.......but he could only cheerlead.

grendel

Anyone playing well enough to get into the NFL is on a full scholarship and gets help with classes, etc.

The original post premise is that people who graduated from college tend to be smarter and better behave. I just pointed out that generalization is flawed. As for people who can't go to college because of financial circumstances, it was more of a point that not everyone can go to college, and if you use that criteria to judge whether someone is smarter or better person because they and their family can afford to go to college then it is a flawed generalization. Graduated from college should not be a criteria to determine if someone is smart or won't do stupid things is all I am saying. There are cases that fall on both sides.

....and thanks for proving the very point I was trying to make in my original post. It actually took a little longer than I thought it would...:laugh:

halsey (12/11/2007)
The Patriots supposedly have more college graduates than any team in the NFL. It's a copycat league. That would be a smart thing to copycat.

Actually the Colts and Pats have the highest percentage of caucasion players in the league according to an article in the Dallas Morning News last month. It is probably cultural more than anything.

signout (12/11/2007)
gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
halsey (12/11/2007)

Michael Dell and Bill Gates didn't complete college.

BTW, since Halsey started this thread would you not assume he probably did graduated from college?

I don't assume anything about anyone I don't know. Like most people I make my judgments about people based on my interaction with them.

Can you say the same?

....and thanks for proving the very point I was trying to make in my original post. It actually took a little longer than I thought it would...:laugh:

Whatever...:ermm:

I just think graduated from college does not mean you be a better person or smarter than someone who didn't. If that is what you believe then we just have to agree to disagree.

gritblitzer (12/11/2007)
BTW, since Halsey started this thread would you not assume he probably did graduated from college?

I don't assume anything about anyone I don't know. Like most people I make my judgments about people based on my interaction with them.

Can you say the same?

You **** right I can.

BTW, if someone put down people who didn't graduated from college then it's safe to say that person did graduated or not bright enough to realize that he insulted himself in the process. Either way it fits.