Poor J. A

He was soooo close to getting his first sack last night.

I felt bad for the guy, he's getting alot of criticism.

He made the play only to have another guy who made a play run into him and result in Brees making a play.

Also I noticed he was close on a few occasions but Brees had open recievers all night long. No such thing as a coverage sack on this team it would seem.

I wish he woulda got that one so some of the bust talk would dissapear.

To be honest I hope the kid goes somewhere else and becomes a star.

People give up on players to easily here, and it would serve us right if that happned.

I thought you meant John Abraham because he is the only DL player we have right now who is playing NFL-level football.

I am not calling Anderson a bust, because he is a rookie, but he isnt playing NFL level football right now.

That goes for Chauncey Davis and his career 3 sacks in 45 games.

That goes for Babineaux and his 3.5 sacks in 40ish career games(he plays the run okay at least).

That goes for Montavius Stanley, Tim Anderson, and that other guy that played last night at DE/DT.

Our DL went from an area of potential strength in the offseason(Abraham, Grady, Coleman, at the time MAYBE Kerney again) to our weakest area on defense.

yeah. Getting his first sack would have definitely relieved a lot of the pressure put on Jamaal from the fans, media, coaches, and especially himself. It seems like every time he gets close, some freak thing happens that prevents him from making a play. I'm not saying he's playing at a solid NFL level, nor am I saying that notching his first sack would change that. However, maybe getting that first sack would allow him to just relax and not put so much pressure on himself. Remember, DEs, especially raw ones like Jamaal, should not be expected to be world-beaters from the get-go. Lets just hope the coaching staff continues to develop him, and he turns into a probowl caliber DE in a few years. He definitely has the physical tools to be a force, so let's be patient with him.

• 2 years later...

yeah. Getting his first sack would have definitely relieved a lot of the pressure put on Jamaal from the fans, media, coaches, and especially himself. It seems like every time he gets close, some freak thing happens that prevents him from making a play. I'm not saying he's playing at a solid NFL level, nor am I saying that notching his first sack would change that. However, maybe getting that first sack would allow him to just relax and not put so much pressure on himself. Remember, DEs, especially raw ones like Jamaal, should not be expected to be world-beaters from the get-go. Lets just hope the coaching staff continues to develop him, and he turns into a probowl caliber DE in a few years. He definitely has the physical tools to be a force, so let's be patient with him.

2 years later, you still want to be patient with him??? :lol::lol::lol:

sorry guys, im bored and there aint too much convo going on here..

Edited by crankdatfalcon