Huckabee Stands by AIDS Statement

Twinblade

15 years ago he has said this

In campaining for the Arkansas senate seat in 1993, Huckabee said we should isolate AIDS patients from the rest of the general public. Huckabee also said we should not be spending federal dollars to find a cure for AIDS.

Heartless a-hole

He is still staying with his statement

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7120900585.html

So yes, why don't we vote for a heartless a-hole that pretty much throws aid victims to the side and treat them like un-humans.

Ron Paul for us President

young mr. grace (12/11/2007)
That reminds me of the episode of The Sarah Silverman Program when she becomes an AIDS activist:

Sarah Silverman: "If we can put a man on the moon, we can put a man with AIDS on the moon. And pretty soon, we'll be able to put everyone with AIDS on the moon!"

I hate that show, shes not even funny to me.

Twinblade (12/11/2007)
In campaining for the Arkansas senate seat in 1993, Huckabee said we should isolate AIDS patients from the rest of the general public. Huckabee also said we should not be spending federal dollars to find a cure for AIDS.

Heartless a-hole

So yes, why don't we vote for a heartless a-hole that pretty much throws aid victims to the side and treat them like un-humans.

Simple solution and this would be a non-issue.

Do not have sex with someone if you aren't SURE they don't have AIDS (wow, way too many negatives in that sentence...Hahaha).

A little something called "personal responsibility".

jdu00743 (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)

Heartless a-hole

Do not have sex with someone if you aren't SURE they don't have AIDS (wow, way too many negatives in that sentence...Hahaha).

You can get aids from blood fusions or some #####, if you get blood, you can get aids from it, not just by having sex.

Some people are born with aids because of their parents and they wouldn't know it until they find out and already spread it...reason why you should wrap your tool 3 times.

Twinblade (12/11/2007)
jdu00743 (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)

Heartless a-hole

You can get aids from blood fusions or some #####, if you get blood, you can get aids from it, not just by having sex.

Some people are born with aids because of their parents and they wouldn't know it until they find out and already spread it...reason why you should wrap your tool 3 times.

The far and away most major cause of AIDS spreading like it does is unprotected sex with an infected partner.

The distant second major cause of the spread is the sharing of needles by drug users.

Therefore, if people quit screwing people they didn't know, and didn't do Heroin...It would do a lot more towards getting rid of AIDS than the government could ever do.

However, people would rather not take responsibility for their own actions.

Steve_Bartkowski (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)

I think they check for that now... Just a hunch...

Is that so? Then why does happen more and more? reason why I rather die on the streets then goto a hospital.

My little cousin lost alot of blood in a car wreck and had to get more blood or he will die, mistakes happens and now he has aids. So yes lets vote for a guy that pretty much kick people that is sick to the ground and walk on them.

jdu00743 (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)
jdu00743 (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)

Heartless a-hole

The far and away most major cause of AIDS spreading like it does is unprotected sex with an infected partner.

The distant second major cause of the spread is the sharing of needles by drug users.

Therefore, if people quit screwing people they didn't know, and didn't do Heroin...It would do a lot more towards getting rid of AIDS than the government could ever do.

That happens as well because druggies don't care and whores don't care but more and more people are getting them by mistake from their parents or the hospital.

jdu00743 (12/11/2007)

This man has the solution to prevent nearly all new aids cases. Give this man a prize!

:laugh:;)

Twinblade (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)

I think they check for that now... Just a hunch...

Is that so? Then why does happen more and more? reason why I rather die on the streets then goto a hospital.

More and more aids cases from blood transfusions eh? Prepare to be owned:

Percentage of Adult AIDS Cases by Exposure Category: California, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2005

statistics_calif_expos.gif

MSM = Men who Have Sex with Men

IDU = Injection Drug Use

MSM/IDU = Someone who does both of the above (could have been caused by either)

Notice that the # of cases from blood products is now next to nothing.

How does this prove anything? I didn't think so, its time for you to jump off that huckabee ship because its gonna sink like the titanic.

btw that was all the way up to 2005 and its 2007 about to be 2008...thanks anyways.

Twinblade (12/11/2007)

How does this prove anything? I didn't think so, its time for you to jump off that huckabee ship because its gonna sink like the titanic.

btw that was all the way up to 2005 and its 2007 about to be 2008...thanks anyways.

You're right, the number of cases of AIDS transmission via blood transfusions is even less now since it was going down in every year per the chart. You can throw that argument out the window.

Personal responsibility is the best cure for AIDS.

Yes but people do make mistakes...so why should a small child born with aids because of their parents mistake should suffer and get kicked to the side without getting help because mr Huckabee is just some dude that only cares for himself.

Errr if you are advocating a vote for Ron Paul because Huckabee would cut Federal funding for finding a cure for AIDS, well then I've got news for you: Ron Paul will cut funding for it as well.

AND HE SHOULD!!

The United States Federal Government has NO charter to be a venture capital firm for drug companies. It has no charter for funding ANY research. Public domain research should be conducted through universities, and private domain research should be funded via the thousands of pharmaceutical companies conducting business in the free market.

The best to guarantee that a cure for AIDS will never be found is to charge the U.S. Government with finding it.

Twinblade (12/11/2007)
I agree on the funding part on aids cause aids will never be cured but I wouldn't treat somebody with aids no different like Huckabee wants to do.

Oh yeah, the quarantine idea is a travesty in the face of Liberty. That is true fascism.

I believe that AIDS will indeed be cured in the next 30-50 years, but its going to take a new kind of cure. The person who is able to dream it and make it happen is a person who deserves to be rewarded along with the people who have helped him or her. That wont happen if its a bureaucrat constrained by the rules of a government grant.

morphy (12/11/2007)
Twinblade (12/11/2007)
I agree on the funding part on aids cause aids will never be cured but I wouldn't treat somebody with aids no different like Huckabee wants to do.

Oh yeah, the quarantine idea is a travesty in the face of Liberty. That is true fascism.

I believe that AIDS will indeed be cured in the next 30-50 years, but its going to take a new kind of cure. The person who is able to dream it and make it happen is a person who deserves to be rewarded along with the people who have helped him or her. That wont happen if its a bureaucrat constrained by the rules of a government grant.

By that time, we will be so old or even dead.

From another thread:
Steve_Bartkowski (12/6/2007)
Reasons to Vote for and Support Mike Huckabee...

1.He supports the FAIR TAX

2.He'll make any promise thats politically expedient, even if it directly contradicts his voting record.

3.He likes taxes, any taxes.

4.He likes spending and hes' real good at it.

5.Hes a good orator.

6.His faith is more important than anything, even your security.

7.Hed help end the suffering of Aids patients.

Fixed.;)

Actually, Im good with 1,5 and 7;so I guess Im a supporter.

Twinblade (12/11/2007)

My little cousin lost alot of blood in a car wreck and had to get more blood or he will die, mistakes happens and now he has aids. So yes lets vote for a guy that pretty much kick people that is sick to the ground and walk on them.

am sorry about your cousin