N 0 R W 0 0 D

thesouphead

Which just means he comes nowhere close to the top in Rushing Attempts per Game (Willie Parker, 23.5; LaDainian Tomlinson, 20.4, Willis McGahee, 20.0)

If Norwood was averaging anywhere near 20 Attempts per Game, he most likely would not be leading the league in Yards per Attempt.

You can't look at stats in isolation. They are interrelated.

That being said, it would be great if he got more carries. At the risk of countering my own point, Adrian Peterson averages 6.1 YPA (Norwood, 6.2) and gets 18.0 Att/G. Norwood is no Adrian Peterson, but he should get more opportunities nonetheless.

dardan (12/11/2007)
Which just means he comes nowhere close to the top in Rushing Attempts per Game (Willie Parker, 23.5; LaDainian Tomlinson, 20.4, Willis McGahee, 20.0)

If Norwood was averaging anywhere near 20 Attempts per Game, he most likely would not be leading the league in Yards per Attempt.

You can't look at stats in isolation. They are interrelated.

yes, he stats might go down, but they might not.

Let's look at the other RBs who have about the same amount of carries as Norwood. Is that more fair?

Norwood: 75 carries - 6.2 per

Stecker: 79 carries - 3.8 per

Droughns: 80 carries - 3.5 per

Leonard: 81 carries - 3.6 per

K Smith: 75 carries - 3.5 per

Davenport: 70 carries - 5.0 per

Betts: 70 carries - 3.7per

A Green: 70 carries - 3.7 per

A Peterson(Chi): 91 carries - 3.2 per

D Williams: 99 carries - 4.8 per

draftjunky (12/11/2007)
Norwood got 7 times the production that Dunn got. 7x

Wow,Norwood started.Anything else?How long until norwood gets to 10,000 yards?

what does starting have to do with that? they both got 6 carries...and Norwood got 7 times more yards than Dunn. doesn't matter who started..

going by his YPA, Norwood will have 10,000 rushing yards when he has 1,587 carries. Dunn got it after 2436 or so rushes.

I am getting exceedingly tired of hearing Petrino say "Norwood will get more touches" only to see him once again have less than 10 carries for the game.

My hope is they are playing for a draft pick and don't want Norwood to get to many opportunities to help us win games.

In any case to Bobby P: STOP saying that! Your getting my hopes up for no reason!

thesouphead (12/11/2007)

yes, he stats might go down, but they might not.

Let's look at the other RBs who have about the same amount of carries as Norwood. Is that more fair?

Norwood: 75 carries - 6.2 per

Stecker: 79 carries - 3.8 per

Droughns: 80 carries - 3.5 per

Leonard: 81 carries - 3.6 per

K Smith: 75 carries - 3.5 per

Davenport: 70 carries - 5.0 per

Betts: 70 carries - 3.7per

A Green: 70 carries - 3.7 per

A Peterson(Chi): 91 carries - 3.2 per

D Williams: 99 carries - 4.8 per

If it makes your point, it is at least a more viable argument. Of the NFL Running Backs with 70-90 carries on the season, Norwood averages more yards/attempt than the rest.

His fragility or lack thereof notwithstanding, he should at the very least get more carries. To say he can't handle the load when he's not getting enough attempts to show if he can or can't is, at best, a specious claim.

1,587 carries to get to 10,000?Do you actually believe this or are you laughing as hard as I am.Do you remember byron harnspard?Similiar guys,byron was a higher pick.Very fast but 3rd year blew a knee and he was gone.Speed backs without the size cant handle the load.Dunn is the exception.He is at the end of his run.

thesouphead (12/11/2007)
thesouphead (12/11/2007)
draftjunky (12/11/2007)
6 rushes for 21 yards.

against the same defense that only allowed our super star to get 6 rushes for 3 yards.

Norwood got 7 times the production that Dunn got. 7x

That's like saying I've got 7 oz. of beer to your 1. Both are jack squat.

dirtycanadianbird (12/11/2007)
I am getting exceedingly tired of hearing Petrino say "Norwood will get more touches" only to see him once again have less than 10 carries for the game.

My hope is they are playing for a draft pick and don't want Norwood to get to many opportunities to help us win games.

In any case to Bobby P: STOP saying that! Your getting my hopes up for no reason!

I agree I thouhgt they were going to play him more to

draftjunky (12/11/2007)
1,587 carries to get to 10,000?Do you actually believe this or are you laughing as hard as I am.Do you remember byron harnspard?Similiar guys,byron was a higher pick.Very fast but 3rd year blew a knee and he was gone.Speed backs without the size cant handle the load.Dunn is the exception.He is at the end of his run.

So you are telling me that Norwood will only last 3 seasons because he is about 15 lbs too light?

injuries happen to all kinds of players...big or small. Jamal Anderson was not a speedy small back, yet he blew out his knees.

draftjunky (12/11/2007)
Perhaps if norwood would have converted he would get more carries.Thats how it works.Get a 1st down and whammy!You get another set of downs.

actually on 3 of those carries he did, unfortunately every time he did that there was a holding call.. and i guess thats how it works for dunn? 1st carry, -2 yards, 2nd' carry, 0 yards, 3rd down pass play nothing.. punt.. saints score, and dunn is back in?

Norwood reminds me of byron.They both were speedy.Anderson was around for 6 or 7 years and had over 420 carries in 1 year.The magority of guys that play rb in the nfl dont get 420 carries in a carreer.I want norwood to succeed but it is what it is.Snelling needs some carries to show if he can pound dunn can do some spot duty.Do you think norwood can handle 300 carries?I dont,I want get snelling and norwood going.Get some help in the offseason.