Will Arthur Blank Offer Apology for "CHICKEN" comment??

RODDY NATION

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

innovativefx (12/11/2007)
How is that racist? He basically was just saying that he hopes he doesn't get fat and lazy not being active in the NFL the next few years.

Trust me as a Black Man I can easily see how this statement can get ugly. He said the same thing in an interview earlier that the Mod posted... no one said anything about it, but I was hoping he would not go down that same route on MNF.

Eddie Jewell (12/11/2007)
falken (12/11/2007)
He should offer an apology! The remarks were clearly insulting and degrading!

Those chickens don't deserve such bad publicity!

I think that it is racists you keep leaving out the potatoes. What have the potatoes done to you?:D

EJ HOW DARE YOU!!! I THOUGHT YOU WAS A BROTHA!! HOW DARE YOU FORGET ABOUT THE WATERMELON!!!:w00t:

morphy (12/11/2007)
If you believe that Blank's comments were offensive to blacks, then you must have a pretty condescending viewpoint concerning what he said.

ALL I'M GOING TO SAY IS THAT WHEN THE STEWS COME ON THE AIR ITS GOING TO GET UGLY. THE STEWS ARE VICK SUPPORTERS 100% AND MAJORITY OF THEIR LISTENERS LOVE VICK. ITS GOING TO BE BROUGHT UP AND THE ARE GOING TO GO ON A 4 HOUR RANT OFF THIS COMMENT. WATCH AND SEE.

Arthur Blank will not apologize because it is a stupid thing to apologize for.

"Hey, I've known Mike for 6 years, and I know he likes fried chicken and fries, as any normal person on the face of the Earth does, but I would just like to apologize to all the panty wastes out there who have nothing better to do with their lives than get offended at everything they hear. I also apologize for leaving out the millions of white people who also consume and enjoy fried chicken."

lax32 (12/11/2007)
No? You cant ever associate black people with fried chicken anymore?

If he said something like fried chicken and watermelon, that would have been racist. But you can tell he was just talking about mike getting fat.

HE ALSO USED THE TERM "LAZY" :w00t:

LAZY CHICKEN EATING QB.....:w00t: **** BLANK:)

RODDY NATION (12/11/2007)
falken (12/11/2007)

I think that it is racists you keep leaving out the potatoes. What have the potatoes done to you?:D

EJ HOW DARE YOU!!! I THOUGHT YOU WAS A BROTHA!! HOW DARE YOU FORGET ABOUT THE WATERMELON!!!:w00t:

You had to take me there. :D Man Watermelon is not a good compliment to Fried chicken and fries. Maybe a biscuit and a pepper. Some sweet tea.

Not going to happen he is afraid of peta.

XLDenaliReturns (12/11/2007)
i hope he doesn't apologize. i hope he cusses out anybody that even questions him on it and points out how stupid they are.

saying the food "fried chicken" as an example of unhealthy food to avoid in order to stay in shape in a conversation about a person who happens to be black is NOT RACIST.

Guys, I really don't think he was being racist. I'm white and LOVE fried chicken.

I'm probably the most NON-racist white guy you could ever meet, and I just don't see it as being racist.

I could see this as a racist comment if it came out of a different persons mouth, and in a rude context.. but I think Blank was just making a comment about him staying in shape.

If I'm wrong - then Blank has no business owning a football team that is more than 50% black.

RODDY NATION (12/11/2007)
falken (12/11/2007)

You had to take me there. :D Man Watermelon is not a good compliment to Fried chicken and fries. Maybe a biscuit and a pepper. Some sweet tea.

MRS. WINNERS SWEET TEA!!!!! HMMMMMMMMMMMM ME LIKE!!!:D

Headshot (12/11/2007)
Arthur Blank will not apologize because it is a stupid thing to apologize for.

"Hey, I've known Mike for 6 years, and I know he likes fried chicken and fries, as any normal person on the face of the Earth does, but I would just like to apologize to all the panty wastes out there who have nothing better to do with their lives than get offended at everything they hear. I also apologize for leaving out the millions of white people who also consume and enjoy fried chicken."

Totally agree-Good post headshot.

innovativefx (12/11/2007)
Guys, I really don't think he was being racist. I'm white and LOVE fried chicken.

I'm probably the most NON-racist white guy you could ever meet, and I just don't see it as being racist.

I could see this as a racist comment if it came out of a different persons mouth, and in a rude context.. but I think Blank was just making a comment about him staying in shape.

If I'm wrong - then Blank has no business owning a football team that is more than 50% black.

Dude it does not matter, I understand that you are a white guy that loves Chicken. **** I would love to invite you over for a bucket of Popeyes. With all that said... there are 3 things you don't relate to black people on TV.. Watermelon, Chicken, and Laziness...trust me if you stay away from those 3 you are in the clear.:cool: