Message to Bobby Petrino

DUB

draftjunky (12/11/2007)
Yeah,it never gets old watching them pitch to norwood for a loss of 1.;)

that happened twice, how many times get dunn get stopped for a loss of 1 or more? Many.

how many times did norwood break big plays, many more than warrick.

I support every player on this team, but the best man should play. big contract, small contract, rookie or vet.

that's what petrino will be doing in the offseason.

thank god.

zakelsta (12/11/2007)
draftjunky (12/11/2007)
Yeah,it never gets old watching them pitch to norwood for a loss of 1.;)

that happened twice, how many times get dunn get stopped for a loss of 1 or more? Many.

how many times did norwood break big plays, many more than warrick.

I support every player on this team, but the best man should play. big contract, small contract, rookie or vet.

that's what petrino will be doing in the offseason.

thank god.

He has not done very well at all between the tackles this whole year...

Dunn needs to leave. Norwood is not an every down back or he is nowhere close to being that...

It's clear that Dunn is not nearly as explosive as he used to be, leading to him being a less effective runner than Norwood. However, there seems to be two reasons why he remains atop the depth chart.

The main reason is that he is a far superior to Norwood in pass protection. The fact that our OL is in shambles makes the pass protecting abilities of our RB that much more important, and it's fair to say that we would give up more sacks with Norwood in than we would if Dunn were in.

Also, it would appear that BP and company do not believe Norwood can be an everydown back, partly due to his durability but also due to his deficient pass protection skills.

I look forward to the time when Norwood improves his blocking and/or we draft/sign a back who can both run AND block, because right now we have no backs that can do both. On a side note, I'm glad to see Snelling getting some carries. We have to see what we have in this kid - I hope he pans out.