The Norwood/Snelling Duo

formul8or

If there's one thing that was nice to see last night it was a glimpse of what our RB tandem will be next year and it looks pretty good. I'm hoping Petrino stays with these two instead of wasting a draft pick on a RB, especially McFadden since we have much, MUCH bigger needs in the 1st round.

Lee Long (12/11/2007)
I agree, and Norwood needs more plays, they should have played Snelling in short yardage all year also!

A 7th round draft pick with epilepsy was NOT ready to be our short yardage back on the first game of the season. He should be ready next year, but there's no way you could expect him to come in and do it beginning this year.

Norwood and Snelling are perfect for 2nd and 3rd depth charts respectively... We need a first. I would love Run DMC, but I want a competitive OL first. Until we prove we have one, we'll never get a serious FA RB. We could solve it in the draft, but it would go to waste until we have a OL.

Making decisions in the draft is not only based on NEED. It is also based on VALUE. If we are in position to draft McFadden, and he is considered the premier talent in this draft, we would be fools to pass on him. Just because we need OL help more than a RB does not make it right to pass on supreme talent at RB to get a solid OT. Keep in mind that RB is a need position for us, just not quite as desperate as OL.

DavidsonFalcon (12/11/2007)
Making decisions in the draft is not only based on NEED. It is also based on VALUE. If we are in position to draft McFadden, and he is considered the premier talent in this draft, we would be fools to pass on him. Just because we need OL help more than a RB does not make it right to pass on supreme talent at RB to get a solid OT. Keep in mind that RB is a need position for us, just not quite as desperate as OL.

If Run DMC is there, I do believe we take him. He WOULD provide enough excitement to bring people to the games... I would certainly buy a jersey as well... But yes, the OL is the bigger need. Like in the other thread, THe 3 teams infront of us are not going to be looking for RB's. THey already have franchise RB's (Jets with Thomas with only 1 year under the belt and Washington making up ground quickly, StL with Steven Jackson and the Rutgers guy, and Mia with Ronnie brown and company).