Judge Henry Hudson

geraldg

If the American judicial system is made up of judges like him, no wonder there is a disproportionate amount of blacks in prisons across this country. Seeing Vick in that black and white jump suit reminded me so much of the movie Life starring Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. Was he trying to humiliate and degrade the guy? The judge has discretion over the dress code of defendents that appear before him. That says a lot about his mentality. I guess that's what you get with a George W. Bush appointee.

You realize this was a sentencing hearing right, more often than not defendants have to go to sentencing hearings in their jump suits, your argument would be valid had he had to go to trial like this because it obviously portrays the defendant as a criminal to the jury, but this is common for sentencing hearings and it seems like your making a big to do about nothing.

BTW how does this correlate in ANY way to why there are a disproportionate number of blacks in prison?????

BobDigital v2.31 beta (12/11/2007)
geraldg (12/11/2007)
How many years were people given in the early 20's when people where getting tortured and hung instead of dogs? Heck, how often were people even arrested? No answer? Thought so. Have a nice day fake rasta!!

what does that have to do with Vick being dumb?

The original post was about Henry Hudson's mentality, not Vick's I.Q. Please stay on topic.

geraldg (12/11/2007)
How many years were people given in the early 20's when people where getting tortured and hung instead of dogs? Heck, how often were people even arrested? No answer? Thought so. Have a nice day fake rasta!!

The original post was about Henry Hudson's mentality, not Vick's I.Q. Please stay on topic.

geraldg (12/11/2007)
geraldg (12/11/2007)

I agree with you on the whole judge thing. That judge was not going to let Vick off the hook. But I still blame it all on Vick.

There is a disproportianate number of blacks in prison because there are a disproportianate number of blacks committing crimes. I know some of you guys are going to have a hard time grasping that fact, but lets atleast try to be honest instead of blaming it on white judges.

Nobody has ever gotten 2 years for fighting dogs, but then again, Vick didn't ONLY fight dogs did he? No, he ran an entire dogfighting operation that apparently spread through many states, gambled, and failed a court appointed drug test.

I think anyone would have gotten 2 years for that.

geraldg (12/11/2007)
Was he trying to humiliate and degrade the guy?

I agree. I think Federal judges should be more sensitive to the feelings and pride of a convicted felons. Instead of admonishing Ookie for his criminal behavior and sheer stupidity, he should have let him know that he understood that it was just gambling, dogs, and weed. Judge Hudson should have comforted Ookie by letting him know that none of this was his fault since he had a tough childhood and was just being loyal to his friends. ;)

geraldg (12/11/2007)
You have no clue. Being in front of judge is enough to let anybody know that they are there for commitiing a crime. No need to further humiliate the man by dressing him like that. That was the judges decision. It was stated. Go back and root for Auburn.

You realize the judge didn't dress him like anything, Vick came to the hearing from jail so he came in his jail jumpers. Great comeback by the way "Go back and root for Auburn" that's classic, did you come up with that one on your own?

geraldg (12/11/2007)

Early 20's ?

What does that have to do with anything?

Were you there?

Did you great grandparents tell you bout it?

Do you have pictures to support your claims?

If not you can only speculate on what happened then?

No answer? didn't think so. #####

As for the rest of us with a brain we have to live with what is done today in 2007.

And I can tell you you have never met a real Racist in your life.

Let it go get on with your life, he got less then he deserved.

help me (12/11/2007)
geraldg (12/11/2007)

I agree. I think Federal judges should be more sensitive to the feelings and pride of a convicted felons. Instead of admonishing Ookie for his criminal behavior and sheer stupidity, he should have let him know that he understood that it was just gambling, dogs, and weed. Judge Hudson should have comforted Ookie by letting him know that none of this was his fault since he had a tough childhood and was just being loyal to his friends. ;)

I really can't believe they treated a criminal like a criminal.

Culain (12/11/2007)
help me (12/11/2007)
geraldg (12/11/2007)

I really can't believe they treated a criminal like a criminal.

Just say no to Brohm. That is a terrible mock draft. Are you a Bucs, Saints, or Panthers fan, because no Falcon fans would create such crap.

Since when is this case about race..What he did was a disgrace..Look at all the young kids that looked up to him..hopefully they don't turn out like him..he had the world..all the money and fame and he chose to make money killing dogs..he is sick in the head and he deserves to have his fame and money stripped of him..I actually think that prison won't do him any good..He should have to donate all of his money to the United States Humane Society for taking in those animals and rehabilitating them so they could be placed in caring homes..He should be in therapy and he should donate his time to speaking out to young people about animal cruelty...And as far as playing for the NFL again, he should not be allowed to play again..and really why would you want him back on your team..

geraldg (12/11/2007)
You have no clue. Being in front of judge is enough to let anybody know that they are there for commitiing a crime. No need to further humiliate the man by dressing him like that. That was the judges decision. It was stated. Go back and root for Auburn.

Why would you associate the problems with racism in america to vick?Ill tell you why.The big forum.You dont need fact or reason.You have a big forum to beat a drum.Can you spot a racist just by looking at him?You what your sounding like?What you claim to hate.

wendy (12/11/2007)
Since when is this case about race..What he did was a disgrace..Look at all the young kids that looked up to him..hopefully they don't turn out like him..he had the world..all the money and fame and he chose to make money killing dogs..he is sick in the head and he deserves to have his fame and money stripped of him..I actually think that prison won't do him any good..He should have to donate all of his money to the United States Humane Society for taking in those animals and rehabilitating them so they could be placed in caring homes..He should be in therapy and he should donate his time to speaking out to young people about animal cruelty...And as far as playing for the NFL again, he should not be allowed to play again..and really why would you want him back on your team..

Ok, so tell me why shouldn't he be allowed to make a living after he serves his time. You people are full of more S#%t than a Christmas Goose.