Is it racist to associate fried chicken with blacks?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because it's a stereotype that associates a race with a time period that is considered embarrassing. it's used as punchline by comedians, but it's only funny if that race says it. as in when dave chappelle did the skit on reperation checks being handed out. he said that KFC and Cadillac merged lol.

3073 (12/11/2007)
because it's a stereotype that associates a race with a time period that is considered embarrassing. it's used as punchline by comedians, but it's only funny if that race says it. as in when dave chappelle did the skit on reperation checks being handed out. he said that KFC and Cadillac merged lol.

thats_racist.gif

3073 (12/11/2007)

:laugh:

BobDigital v2.31 beta (12/11/2007)
I never understood this. Now we all know brotherz love chicken period. And fried chicken is tops. So why are we (blacks) so embarresed by this?

I'm white, and I ate fried chicken last night. LOVES me some fried chicken!

Anyway, FWIW, I think someone has to show that Arthur Blank was "associating fried chicken" with Mike Vick because he was black, as opposed to RIGHTLY pointing out that if Vick becomes a lard-butt in prison, he will never play football again.

It's not like he said "if Vick can lay off the watermelon and Thunderbird, maybe we can let a playa play!" I don't think he had Vick's race in mind AT ALL.

Some are too sensitive. Or it could be that I don t care. I m not one to tell people what to care about but good lord I got way too much on plate to let little bs like this get me down.

Oh well gotta go. My girl made me a collard green and chicken sandwich for brunch. I ll probably wash it down with some grape Kool-aid

Dynomite Jive Suckas!!!

morphy (12/11/2007)
I'm a white boy from Alabama who loves fried chicken and watermelon. Its not a black thing, its a southern thing.

It sure is. I remember a Black Muslim dude from NYC tried to get on me because I liked to eat grits, cornbread, etc. Saying it was racist and ignorant to do so. Ignorant?

I told him that I was raised on such food being that I'm from the South. That, and that it was delicious.

That brotha was nuts. He looked for racism in everything. People who are proclaiming what Arthur said as being racist are racist themselves.

Statick (12/11/2007)
morphy (12/11/2007)
I'm a white boy from Alabama who loves fried chicken and watermelon. Its not a black thing, its a southern thing.

It sure is. I remember a Black Muslim dude from NYC tried to get on me because I liked to eat grits, cornbread, etc. Saying it was racist and ignorant to do so. Ignorant?

I told him that I was raised on such food being that I'm from the South. That, and that it was delicious.

That brotha was nuts. He looked for racism in everything. People who are proclaiming what Arthur said as being racist are racist themselves.

I have a friend that refuses to eat ethnic foods at the workplace. I think this is just crazy way of thinking. Even if you are the punch line to a few jokes why let it get under your skin. You are who you are. And if you have to deny your culture to fit it then you re just weak imho.

jdu00743 (12/11/2007)
BobDigital v2.31 beta (12/11/2007)
I never understood this. Now we all know brotherz love chicken period. And fried chicken is tops. So why are we (blacks) so embarresed by this?

Hahaha...no it's not racist...black people REALLY do love fried chicken, watermelon, and some drank.

Drank?:w00t:

Wow, I haven't heard that term used in years. :D

Stereotypes are the FUNNIEST thing in the world to make fun of, me and my friends do it all the time, I think if people could differentiate when something is all in fun and when something was truly racist we could have a much more fun and much more accepting society.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to eat my mayonnaise sandwich